This team is being exposed in all areas

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
CKRGiii

Re: This team is being exposed in all areas

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:06 pm

SkinsJock wrote:can anyone answer my question ^^

thanks

Not sure exactly what u are asking... Can I see BLATNT holds not being called? Yes. Kerrigan was put in a full nelson on consecutive plays in the fourth quarter vs the vikes, and t he no call led to no sack and of course points on the board. So the hold its self most likely propelling them to victory. It's cheating. Not the olinemans f ault the ref didn't call it, but it was plain as day, longer then a couple seconds, right in fro.t of a ref, and drastically changed the outcome of the plays.
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:56 pm

I think we're seeing a lot more calls against the Redskins this year than I'm used to … the refs are generally 'fair' about their calls and they miss a lot on both sides

this season, and maybe I'm a little paranoid, there seems to be more calls that don't go our way
When you're dead you don't know you're dead, it's only difficult for others.
It's kind of the same as when you're stupid!

memo to Dan Snyder: Let the football people just do their jobs - you need to manage your own mess

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:26 am

SkinsJock wrote:I think we're seeing a lot more calls against the Redskins this year than I'm used to … the refs are generally 'fair' about their calls and they miss a lot on both sides

this season, and maybe I'm a little paranoid, there seems to be more calls that don't go our way

Usually there are bad calls every game.. and against us that's nothing new.. Last year wasn't much better as I felt we had to beat the zebras AND the other team, but this year its just obnoxious. While some will contend "do enough to keep it out of their hands" yada yada... I disagree. It's not UFC where u keep it from going to the judges to win with a KO, we are being flagged for stuff the other team gets away with, and worse. That's like packing your gloves;cheating.
Last week Reed was called for holding on a PERFECT block on a sweep to the left, meanwhile Kerrigan is being put into submission moves and no call until a junk play we ended up declining. Helmet to helmet roughing the passer called when baker shoves ponder (not late, def no helmet contact, hell not even crazy hard-barely bumped him)and they watch rgiii get pancaked and take LOW hits (the Jared Allen one pissed me right the f off!) All game. The hits he was allowed to take were a lot worse then the one we were flagged for and its really tough to win like that... The pi on reed w the game on the line? Disgusting.
Really makes it tough to watch when its so one sided, I'd prefer to get blown out over the zebras puppeteering the outcome... Why even bring the skins out of the locker room?!
Seriously feel we r being bullied into a name change w this shiz
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:45 am

Why is it we always seem to get jobbed whenever it is Hoculi's crew working the game?
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:52 am

There have been a lot of bad calls again this season …

hopefully, this Sunday, we can take the game away from those guys

memo to Dan Snyder: Let the football people just do their jobs - you need to manage your own mess

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:52 am

Deadskins wrote:Why is it we always seem to get jobbed whenever it is Hoculi's crew working the game?

THIS...
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:16 am

Countertrey wrote:
Deadskins wrote:Why is it we always seem to get jobbed whenever it is Hoculi's crew working the game?

THIS...

and I agree with that … ;furious;

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:24 am

Countertrey wrote:

THIS...

And it goes beyond just making phantom calls on us, non-calls against the opposition, bogus replay reviews, poor spots, and other judgement calls. Did anyone else notice that when, with 2:09 left in the 1st half, Alfred Morris ran out of bounds stopping the clock, the refs restarted the game clock after setting the ball, letting it run down to the two-minute warning? In the last five minutes of each half, the game clock stops until the next snap on out of bounds/incompletions. That's rules 101. I can't believe someone on our sideline didn't catch or argue that. Of course, we scored anyway, but not until after we had used all of our timeouts.

Hail to the Redskins!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:17 am

funsho2 wrote:From play calling to defense to special teams … RG3 just overshadows it, so some people want to blame RG3 … yea I'm guilty before i get bashed.

Fire all the coaching staffs after this season.....

It's still too early to say that we're going to see a lot of coaching changes here … it all depends on how we finish the season

the fact is that in many areas of concern the FO were not able to help the coordinators, add or find players at positions of need
and
while we can point to this or that guy's unit not performing well, the players, not just the coordinators, have to bear some of the criticism too

on defense - bringing in a new DC does nothing if the secondary cannot cover ANYONE, the front 7 continue to miss tackles & there is very little pressure
I'm sure that even Haslett's D would look a lot better with a better secondary, a younger London Fletcher and group of players that swarm to the ball and make tackles

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:22 am

Deadskins wrote:
Countertrey wrote:

THIS...

And it goes beyond just making phantom calls on us, non-calls against the opposition, bogus replay reviews, poor spots, and other judgement calls. Did anyone else notice that when, with 2:09 left in the 1st half, Alfred Morris ran out of bounds stopping the clock, the refs restarted the game clock after setting the ball, letting it run down to the two-minute warning? In the last five minutes of each half, the game clock stops until the next snap on out of bounds/incompletions. That's rules 101. I can't believe someone on our sideline didn't catch or argue that. Of course, we scored anyway, but not until after we had used all of our timeouts.

I thought it was jus me! I was like, um.... Why the hell is the clock ticking- are they gonna reset it? Then I almost believed he stayed in, until I rewinded it lol

Hog

Postby riggofan » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:48 am

My only comment about the officiating is that I think we've definitely benefited from bad calls against our opponents as well. Would anyone disagree with that? It just seems like NFL officials have gotten more and more aggressive with their calls over the past few years. Like they're afraid to NOT make a call rather than just let the players play the game.

Hog

Postby PAPDOG67 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:34 pm

I believe the clock stops when a player goes OB inside of 2:00 in the 1st half and inside of 5:00 in the 4th quarter. I can be wrong, but I'm almost positive that's the rule. With that being said, as soon as I saw Hoculi doing the game I cursed my head off. His crew is terrible in general, and definitely seems to screw us all the time.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:31 pm

riggofan wrote:My only comment about the officiating is that I think we've definitely benefited from bad calls against our opponents as well. Would anyone disagree with that? It just seems like NFL officials have gotten more and more aggressive with their calls over the past few years. Like they're afraid to NOT make a call rather than just let the players play the game.
Nope... wouldn't dispute the occasional call that works to our advantage... but, can you seriously look at last Thursday's game, and declare that the Vikings actually committed only one penalty????

Do you consider overt "non-calls" aggressive? When the same OLB is overtly held on successive plays... when a fist full of jersey redirects a TE reaching for a ball... when a ball is advanced 2 feet on a spot repeatedly... when there are repeated calls that, on review simply can't be seen... and, when it's clearly worse when it's Guns Hoculi's crew... there's something up.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:25 pm

PAPDOG67 wrote:I believe the clock stops when a player goes OB inside of 2:00 in the 1st half and inside of 5:00 in the 4th quarter. I can be wrong, but I'm almost positive that's the rule.

I'm not sure when this rule changed, but you are absolutely correct.
http://static.nfl.com/static/content/pu ... Timing.pdf

Hail to the Redskins!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:30 pm

Countertrey wrote:
riggofan wrote:My only comment about the officiating is that I think we've definitely benefited from bad calls against our opponents as well. Would anyone disagree with that? It just seems like NFL officials have gotten more and more aggressive with their calls over the past few years. Like they're afraid to NOT make a call rather than just let the players play the game.
Nope... wouldn't dispute the occasional call that works to our advantage... but, can you seriously look at last Thursday's game, and declare that the Vikings actually committed only one penalty????

Do you consider overt "non-calls" aggressive? When the same OLB is overtly held on successive plays... when a fist full of jersey redirects a TE reaching for a ball... when a ball is advanced 2 feet on a spot repeatedly... when there are repeated calls that, on review simply can't be seen... and, when it's clearly worse when it's Guns Hoculi's crew... there's something up.

On the play right before the half, where RGIII ran it to the goal line, Greenway launched himself, helmet first, into Bob. That would have been a penalty (and probably a fine) if it had happened against any other QB (or any WR or RB for that matter) in the league, but not if he plays for the Redskins.

Hail to the Redskins!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football