What Happened???

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Re: What Happened???

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:00 pm

ACW wrote:I'm serious here; I went to bed at halftime, but:
*We had a 10-point lead (and our offense looked damn efficient).
*We outgained them by 126 yards.
*Peterson rushed 20 times for 75 yards (under 4 YPC).
*We called 36 rushing plays (Morris: 26 carries for 139 yards=5+ YPC) and 37 pass plays (RGIII ~66% and 3 TDs).
How'd we lose? :?:

Kyle Shanahan and Jim Haslett happened again, Kyle stopped using the run, stopped using the bootleg and went back to the Denver plays. Jim Haslett's game calling again stunk like rotten fish. It's not to the point that I seriously hate this coaching staff and will refuse to watch or root until these two pieces of crap are no longer here. I swear I don't know what's worse a son that calls stupid plays pretty much all season or a red lobster father that allows it. This team is done, officially done, I think the only thing Mike can be given credit for is a better roster overall, But the play calling the horrid special teams and defense someone needs to stomp a mud hole in them all.

Hog

Postby ACW » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:05 pm

frankcal20 wrote:We also only gave the ball to Morris 9 times in the 2nd half. Went away from everything that worked in the 1st half.
Seriously?? #-o
DMV Born,
DMV Bred,
When I Die I'll Be
DMV Dead.

Hognostications 2012-2013 Co-Champion (and Playoff Champion)

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:12 pm

I am sorry but any moron on this board trying to give any credit to this defense is a retard and doesn't know jack about football. The fact is simply this, Jim Haslett was fired in New Orleans, fired again in St. Louis was hired here where the defense he took over was a defense ranked at number 4 in the league. Red Lobster instructs this fool to switch to a 3-4 and every since this defense has been rated between 28th and the 31st ranked defense. So any one here trying to credit Haslett, his play calling or anything else is one of the reasons why Daniel Snyder laughs all the way to the bank and allows this pathetic product that has been fielded for far too long. Lastly again last year was a fluke because as I have said too many times even a broken clock is right twice a day, one would figure that one division win in 20 years would eventually happen. Sorry again we have the talent but we have a lack of urgency, no desire to destroy a team and the offensive playcalling is beyond retarded. I would love to see what a Sean Payton led offense and a Ryan led defense would be like with this roster...........

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:22 pm

DaSkinz Baby wrote:Red Lobster instructs this fool to switch to a 3-4 and every since this defense has been rated between 28th and the 31st ranked defense.

So then you would want Shanahan fired as well, right?

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:34 pm

oneman56 wrote: personally, I can't blame this on the offense. Every game, win or lose, we can find some play calls or whatever we don't like but if the defense shows up this game was over despite those offensive complaints. Haslett has shown in 4 years that this is what can be expected.

The offense left the game after half-time... So yes, you can blame them for this loss too. They both sucked a**. It's not one or the other, it's both of them. And honestly, this offense hasn't played an entire 4 quarters of football for any one game this season.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Hog

Postby riggofan » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:39 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
oneman56 wrote: personally, I can't blame this on the offense. Every game, win or lose, we can find some play calls or whatever we don't like but if the defense shows up this game was over despite those offensive complaints. Haslett has shown in 4 years that this is what can be expected.

The offense left the game after half-time... So yes, you can blame them for this loss too. They both sucked a**. It's not one or the other, it's both of them. And honestly, this offense hasn't played an entire 4 quarters of football for any one game this season.

That's a massive oversimplification, and you are too smart to throw that out there. The offense came out after halftime with a twelve play drive that took six minutes off the clock and ended in a FG.

This is the NFL, and the Vikings are a professional football team. They played some defense at times, especially in the second half. Its too bad we couldn't do the same.

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:40 pm

StorminMormon86 wrote:
DaSkinz Baby wrote:Red Lobster instructs this fool to switch to a 3-4 and every since this defense has been rated between 28th and the 31st ranked defense.

So then you would want Shanahan fired as well, right?

I want them all fired, Mike's only saving grace is he has improved the roster overall. But as far as coaching?? As I have said he has DONE NOTHING SINCE ELWAY and will continue NOT TO DO ANYTHING until Snyder wises up and ships has a$$ outta here ASAP!!! =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:44 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:

Dude you can't blame the offense, Kyle called plays that they are not good at, he went away from the motioning of Reed, he went away from the bootlegs for RGIII and he went back to the drop back Denver game plan. Why would you stop doing everything that got you to where you were? Why do you throw a pass to the smallest reciever in Moss on the last play of the game in the red zone on a fade knowing he no longer has the separation or speed? Why stop giving Morris the rock to chew clock when we started to lose momentum? Why because Kyle is a arrogant jerk and his father is worse for allowing this type of crap to continue.

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:55 pm

Alfred Morris is the key to winning games for us. He was overshadowed last year by Griffin, but I still think the majority of our success last year (and the games we've won this year) was because of Morris (and Helu) taking pressuer off of Griffin and the passing game. I don't know why the hell we couldn't have tried to run the damn ball in for a touchdown with 38 seconds left. I for one have never liked Mike Shanahan, and it wouldn't hurt my feelings if he's gone tomorrow. I do not want him back after his contract is up.

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:04 pm

StorminMormon86 wrote:Alfred Morris is the key to winning games for us. He was overshadowed last year by Griffin, but I still think the majority of our success last year (and the games we've won this year) was because of Morris (and Helu) taking pressuer off of Griffin and the passing game. I don't know why the hell we couldn't have tried to run the damn ball in for a touchdown with 38 seconds left. I for one have never liked Mike Shanahan, and it wouldn't hurt my feelings if he's gone tomorrow. I do not want him back after his contract is up.

Agreed, Shanahan is nothing more than a past his prime coach who found a sucker in Daniel Snyder to hire him for 5 years to give his little boy experience. Fact is that dude wouldn't have won nothing without Elway. And he pretty much hasn't done nothing since Elway, but Danny boy used his hiring as a marketing ploy. Daniel Snyder needs to write us all a personal letter apologizing for his stupidity in his coaching choices as well as the overpriced over the hill players he brought in here......

**ch44

Postby chiefhog44 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:05 pm

What happened was that we lost a game we should have won. Very disappointing. We now have the feeling like we did 5 years ago under Zorn. A new low. What happened was that we lost a game that now forces us us to evaulate the COACHES. and why not? Do you think they should be given a pass for the salary cap penalty? Who was ultimately responsible for that? Shanny and Allen. Pass for the lack of talent on defense? Again Shanny and Allen. No first round pick this year or next? You guessed it...Shanny and Allen. The special Teams Coordinator and maybe even Haslett needs to be fired if we don't end the season going 5-2. The punt fake was almost as bad as the swinging gate (or whatever it was a call). That's what happened.
Miss you 21

12/17/09 - Ding Dong the Witch is Dead...Which Old Witch? The Wicked Witch.

1/6/10 - The start of a new era

||||||

Postby EA7649 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:22 pm

Few things I want to add other than being inconsistent, which has to be solved than we can be a contender. We will have more cap space next year, hopefully the defensive players will improve and we can fill in the wholes through the draft and FA. If a better defensive coordinator is available sign him.

Once I see consistency, I will regain hope. Beat the teams your supposed to beat. We have a lot of division games still.

Plus side I the Jordan Reed is going to be a really good offensive tight end. Lowers cap room without Davis.

Just thought if were out of playoff contention in December. Have Kirk Cousins start and have him audition for teams and get a 1st or 2nd round draft pick for him (this is not realistic though) lol.

Hog

Postby ACW » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:40 pm

DaSkinz Baby wrote:I am sorry but any moron on this board trying to give any credit to this defense is a retard and doesn't know jack about football. The fact is simply this, Jim Haslett was fired in New Orleans, fired again in St. Louis was hired here where the defense he took over was a defense ranked at number 4 in the league. Red Lobster instructs this fool to switch to a 3-4 and every since this defense has been rated between 28th and the 31st ranked defense. So any one here trying to credit Haslett, his play calling or anything else is one of the reasons why Daniel Snyder laughs all the way to the bank and allows this pathetic product that has been fielded for far too long. Lastly again last year was a fluke because as I have said too many times even a broken clock is right twice a day, one would figure that one division win in 20 years would eventually happen. Sorry again we have the talent but we have a lack of urgency, no desire to destroy a team and the offensive playcalling is beyond retarded. I would love to see what a Sean Payton led offense and a Ryan led defense would be like with this roster...........
Retard? Really? #-o And Haz did a damn fine job the end of last season.
DMV Born,
DMV Bred,
When I Die I'll Be
DMV Dead.

Hognostications 2012-2013 Co-Champion (and Playoff Champion)

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:44 pm

EA7649 wrote:Few things I want to add other than being inconsistent, which has to be solved than we can be a contender. We will have more cap space next year, hopefully the defensive players will improve and we can fill in the wholes through the draft and FA. If a better defensive coordinator is available sign him.

Once I see consistency, I will regain hope. Beat the teams your supposed to beat. We have a lot of division games still.

Plus side I the Jordan Reed is going to be a really good offensive tight end. Lowers cap room without Davis.

Just thought if were out of playoff contention in December. Have Kirk Cousins start and have him audition for teams and get a 1st or 2nd round draft pick for him (this is not realistic though) lol.

EA7649 for the life of me can you please explain your thought process? in the 4 years Shanahan has been here what has he done to merit another year? What has Haslett, Burns or any other coach on this staff done to merit more time? This type of things that has gone on is what you expect from a new coach, not someone that is supposed to be some offensive guru genius. In life one thing that a mature person learns, processes and understands is you don't fix what isn't broken. Shanahan did that with the 4th rated defense the first year coming here. That is but one issue that for me can't be swept under the rug, Cap gate is another issue. Now as my "third" strike after last year, to be this far into the season and not take play calling away from that downed syndrome Forrest Gump looking son of his is the last straw that broke this camels back. This team will not get any better FACT, we need a young coaching staff that has a kill first mentality on the field, not some arrogant butt whiffs who use the same memo week after week talking about practicing to get better, you can practice 24 by 7 but if the teachers or the coaches are crap, then you field what is learned and taught. All these people on here screaming for Cousins, screaming for players, IT'S NOT THE PLAYERS ITS THE COACHING STAFF and last night pretty much nails that FACT in the coffin of the 2013 season....... [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:49 pm

ACW wrote:
DaSkinz Baby wrote:I am sorry but any moron on this board trying to give any credit to this defense is a retard and doesn't know jack about football. The fact is simply this, Jim Haslett was fired in New Orleans, fired again in St. Louis was hired here where the defense he took over was a defense ranked at number 4 in the league. Red Lobster instructs this fool to switch to a 3-4 and every since this defense has been rated between 28th and the 31st ranked defense. So any one here trying to credit Haslett, his play calling or anything else is one of the reasons why Daniel Snyder laughs all the way to the bank and allows this pathetic product that has been fielded for far too long. Lastly again last year was a fluke because as I have said too many times even a broken clock is right twice a day, one would figure that one division win in 20 years would eventually happen. Sorry again we have the talent but we have a lack of urgency, no desire to destroy a team and the offensive playcalling is beyond retarded. I would love to see what a Sean Payton led offense and a Ryan led defense would be like with this roster...........

ACW wrote:

ACW RETARDED REALLY!! Glad you think that being ranked 31st is a damn fine job! You sir are one of the many things wrong with the mentality of Redskin faithful but after watching this pathetic excuse for a coaching staff and having the COLD STIFF FACT of knowing we were a 4th ranked defense the year Shanny and Haslett got here to be consistently ranked between 28 and 31 doesn't show that being a damn fine job. Both of them still being here is like a parent that rewards bad behavior. The thought process and reasoning of some people amaze me. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football