Skins TE Fred Davis misses out on a big bonus

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
08 Champ
Posts: 13411
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Skins TE Fred Davis misses out on a big bonus

Postby SkinsJock » Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:16 am

:shock: $500,000 hit ….

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/foo ... 00k-bonus/

still not sure he's going anywhere though ...
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL


Currently 50-41

the 'mudge
Online
Posts: 14642
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:15 pm
Location: Curmudgeon Corner, Maine

Re: Skins TE Fred Davis misses out on a big bonus

Postby Countertrey » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:00 pm

SkinsJock wrote::shock: $500,000 hit ….

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/foo ... 00k-bonus/

still not sure he's going anywhere though ...

I don't know... there's surely a reason he's not seeing the field... What motivation does the team have to re-sign him, at this point? Hell, what reason, other than one pretty productive season, does ANY team have to sign him for anything more than vet minimum???

I don't see him in B&G next year... and I certainly don't see any team trading anything of substance for him at this point. The only thing that could change this would be significant playing time for the rest of the year, with several games of good production...
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

08 Champ
Posts: 13411
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Re: Skins TE Fred Davis misses out on a big bonus

Postby SkinsJock » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:14 pm

I should have said "I don't think, at this time, that anyone is going to be antsy to sign him and he could end up staying here anyway"

Fred did not do himself any favors …
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL


Currently 50-41

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 3319
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:13 pm
Location: Virginia

Re: Skins TE Fred Davis misses out on a big bonus

Postby Burgundy&Wha? » Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:05 pm

I could see Fred landing in Green Bay. With Jermichael Finley being injured and no good replacement for him, Rodgers could lobby for a player of Fred's potential. Emphasis on potential as his production has never truly been consistent.

Hog
Posts: 1068
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:27 pm
Location: Arlington, VA (Ballston)

Re: Skins TE Fred Davis misses out on a big bonus

Postby ACW » Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:23 pm

That 2008 draft class was a hot mess. 10 players, the only one we still have besides Fred is, our first 7th-rounder, Rob Jackson.
DMV Born,
DMV Bred,
When I Die I'll Be
DMV Dead.

Hognostications 2012-2013 Co-Champion (and Playoff Champion)

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 3319
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:13 pm
Location: Virginia

Re: Skins TE Fred Davis misses out on a big bonus

Postby Burgundy&Wha? » Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:00 pm

ACW wrote:That 2008 draft class was a hot mess. 10 players, the only one we still have besides Fred is, our first 7th-rounder, Rob Jackson.


Vinny, Vinny, VInny had done it again. #-o

There were many of us who wanted Jordy Nelson but we took Devin Thomas. And Malcolm No-Knees-Left? [-X

FanFromAnnapolis
Posts: 11080
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2004 6:01 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Re: Skins TE Fred Davis misses out on a big bonus

Postby Irn-Bru » Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:24 am

Burgundy&Wha? wrote:
ACW wrote:That 2008 draft class was a hot mess. 10 players, the only one we still have besides Fred is, our first 7th-rounder, Rob Jackson.


Vinny, Vinny, VInny had done it again. #-o

There were many of us who wanted Jordy Nelson but we took Devin Thomas. And Malcolm No-Knees-Left? [-X


It kills me to look at past drafts and scroll down the lists. Hindsight is 20/20 and all that, but man we have missed so much more than we have hit, and the all-stars other teams have drafted right around where we picked . . .
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1779
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:44 am
Location: Houston, TX

Re: Skins TE Fred Davis misses out on a big bonus

Postby markshark84 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:48 am

Irn-Bru wrote:
Burgundy&Wha? wrote:
ACW wrote:That 2008 draft class was a hot mess. 10 players, the only one we still have besides Fred is, our first 7th-rounder, Rob Jackson.


Vinny, Vinny, VInny had done it again. #-o

There were many of us who wanted Jordy Nelson but we took Devin Thomas. And Malcolm No-Knees-Left? [-X


It kills me to look at past drafts and scroll down the lists. Hindsight is 20/20 and all that, but man we have missed so much more than we have hit, and the all-stars other teams have drafted right around where we picked . . .


Which is why the GM is EASILY the most important person within a franchise. Every single top franchise has an elite GM and hands-off (in terms of football operations) owner.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football