Redskins @ Eagles: Game Day Thread

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
swine

Re: Redskins @ Eagles: Game Day Thread

Postby Mr Flit » Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:34 pm

Biggest question I have for the fans now is does Mike get his last year or does he go at the end of the season. He's righted the ship alot since he came here. But can he make this team go the extra yard on a consistent basis?

Hog

Postby Burgundy&Wha? » Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:35 pm

I hate to say it, but yesterday I Googled my first 2014 NFL Draft websites. [-o<

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:35 pm

TimSkin wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:I'd like to thank my constituents for ignoring the troll during the course of this thread. His post count dropped significantly.

Yep you know they are trolls when their post count is high during our rough periods but once we start playing well they disappear and come back the second something bad happens so they can act like they know everything

LOL I'm glad you recognized that. I was going to point it out, but I had like 6 posts in a row without anyone else speaking.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Hog

Postby Burgundy&Wha? » Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:36 pm

Mr Flit wrote:Biggest question I have for the fans now is does Mike get his last year or does he go at the end of the season. He's righted the ship alot since he came here. But can he make this team go the extra yard on a consistent basis?

Wasn't Mike up and down in Denver? One good year followed by a bad year?

piglet

Postby P()rter » Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:37 pm

Mr Flit wrote:Biggest question I have for the fans now is does Mike get his last year or does he go at the end of the season. He's righted the ship alot since he came here. But can he make this team go the extra yard on a consistent basis?

IMO...I think they should put Kirk in with out changing anything. We cannot know how many times our receivers are getting open because RG3 cannot read defense and does not go through his reads. If Kirk comes in w/o any changes to the offense we can better assess where the holes are. I saw plenty of open receivers today, but RG-VICK is unable to hit them. Sad thing is even if Kirk does tear it up no one will want RG3 after this mess. IMO
Last edited by P()rter on Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:37 pm

Mike is far from perfect. But you have to keep some consistency. Let Haz go if a statement needs to be made. I think the defense will see a lot of turnover. Fans need to look at where we were and even though it feels the same, it's not. We still have a ways to go.

piglet

Postby P()rter » Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:37 pm

Burgundy&Wha? wrote:

Wasn't Mike up and down in Denver? One good year followed by a bad year?

Its been all bad years...last year was a huge fluke.

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:39 pm

Well guys, it's been fan. Family duty calls.

Remember, don't feed the trolls. Ignoring them is so much more satisfying. Just read their posts and chuckle as they say more outlandish things to tempt you. LOL Speaking around them gets under their skin. Reason and logic doesn't works against you when speaking to them.

Hog

Postby TimSkin » Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:40 pm

P()rter wrote:Yea you know being able to read a defense does kinda matter in the NFL!

Yup and for a guy that never did it in college and hardly at all last year I would say he's progressing pretty good. I know you have your own opinions about him but he's doing some things lately in the pocket that he wasn't that the beginning of the year. You can see his footwork improving and he's getting better at going thru his progressions when he has time.
HTTR!!!!!!!!!!!!

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:42 pm

[-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X

TimSkin wrote:
P()rter wrote:Yea you know being able to read a defense does kinda matter in the NFL!

Yup and for a guy that never did it in college and hardly at all last year I would say he's progressing pretty good. I know you have your own opinions about him but he's doing some things lately in the pocket that he wasn't that the beginning of the year. You can see his footwork improving and he's getting better at going thru his progressions when he has time.

swine

Postby Mr Flit » Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:43 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:

Mike is far from perfect. But you have to keep some consistency. Let Haz go if a statement needs to be made. I think the defense will see a lot of turnover. Fans need to look at where we were and even though it feels the same, it's not. We still have a ways to go.

This is good sense, given we'll have $36 Million back would you move back to a 4-3 given though that's where a lot of the good defensive players will be available via free agency?

Did Mike have his best years in a 4-3?

Hog

Postby TimSkin » Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:44 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:[-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X

TimSkin wrote:

LOL I forget that logic just doesn't work at times
HTTR!!!!!!!!!!!!

piglet

Postby P()rter » Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:45 pm

TimSkin wrote:

Really? What games have you been watching?

Hog

Postby TimSkin » Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:46 pm

Mr Flit wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:

This is good sense, given we'll have $36 Million back would you move back to a 4-3 given though that's where a lot of the good defensive players will be available via free agency?

Did Mike have his best years in a 4-3?

4-3/ 3-4 I don't care as long as we can collapse the pocket more than what we were doing
HTTR!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hog

Postby TimSkin » Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:48 pm

Well Chris when you're right you're right... Whatever happened to that big pic of the troll somebody used to put on here for that Browns fan that said scroll the troll?? I loved that lol
HTTR!!!!!!!!!!!!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football