Redskins @ Eagles: Game Day Thread

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Re: Redskins @ Eagles: Game Day Thread

Postby hanburgerheel » Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:48 pm

So, a troll is anyone who disagrees with the status quo? Got it. I'm a troll then.

You can defend, rationalize, justify, and generally adhere to the "old way" all you want. You can bash me, or anyone else who disagrees, as a troll. But, the records speak louder. Shanny has a dismal record here. DISMAL! The defense is atrocious now and the offense is sporadic. So, when you can pull away from calling me a troll and realize what is happening, it will serve you better.

Hog

Postby Hooligan » Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:49 pm

Shanahan definitely gets to finish out his contract, since next year we get our salary cap back. Lets see what he does on the same playing field as everyone else.

I don't follow college ball... Does it look like a good MLB will be available when we pick high in the 2nd round?
"Even a stopped clock is right twice a day."

piglet

Postby P()rter » Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:51 pm

hanburgerheel wrote:So, a troll is anyone who disagrees with the status quo? Got it. I'm a troll then.

You can defend, rationalize, justify, and generally adhere to the "old way" all you want. You can bash me, or anyone else who disagrees, as a troll. But, the records speak louder. Shanny has a dismal record here. DISMAL! The defense is atrocious now and the offense is sporadic. So, when you can pull away from calling me a troll and realize what is happening, it will serve you better.

Wasting your breath..I have tried all day. I don't believe in RG3 and he proves it week in and week out. Yet I am a troll. #confused

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:52 pm

TimSkin wrote:
P()rter wrote:Yea you know being able to read a defense does kinda matter in the NFL!

Yup and for a guy that never did it in college and hardly at all last year I would say he's progressing pretty good. I know you have your own opinions about him but he's doing some things lately in the pocket that he wasn't that the beginning of the year. You can see his footwork improving and he's getting better at going thru his progressions when he has time.

Didn't Breezy get released from SD before becoming.one of the best in the game?
The win now mentality of this fan base has no patience. Imo Haz has to go... And we MUST sign a true number one wide out (tall and fast preferably) and a hog or three for the interior line. Replacing Fletcher is a priority and hopefully some of the young dbs can pan out. Rgiii is the least of our worries, he will continue to improve and connect the dots; shame his rookie blues are outlined with poor supporting cast on D, poor oline play forcing even quicker decisions, and wide outs who can't get a lot of separation. Staying hopeful this can lead to developing his skills even better in the end. OR Hell just be scared and gun shy...
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

piglet

Postby P()rter » Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:53 pm

Watching presser right now. Every question about RG3 has been ignored, and skipped over. A reporter asked him a question about RG3's performance and it was skipped over? WTF

Hog

Postby TimSkin » Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:54 pm

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:
TimSkin wrote:
P()rter wrote:Yea you know being able to read a defense does kinda matter in the NFL!

Yup and for a guy that never did it in college and hardly at all last year I would say he's progressing pretty good. I know you have your own opinions about him but he's doing some things lately in the pocket that he wasn't that the beginning of the year. You can see his footwork improving and he's getting better at going thru his progressions when he has time.

The win now mentality of this fan base has no patience. Imo Haz has to go... And we MUST sign a true number one wide out (tall and fast preferably) and a hog or three for the interior line. Replacing Fletcher is a priority and hopefully some of the young dbs can pan out. Rgiii is the least of our worries, he will continue to improve and connect the dots; shame his rookie blues are outlined with poor supporting cast on D, poor oline play forcing even quicker decisions, and wide outs who can't get a lot of separation. Staying hopeful this can lead to developing his skills even better in the end. OR Hell just be scared and gun shy...

+1 Couldn't have said it better myself Great post man
HTTR!!!!!!!!!!!!

piglet

Postby P()rter » Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:54 pm

P()rter wrote:Watching presser right now. Every question about RG3 has been ignored, and skipped over. A reporter asked him a question about RG3's performance and it was skipped over? WTF

OMFG are you really comparing RG3 to Drew Breeze? LMFAO...now we have entered retarded mode!

Hog

Postby Hooligan » Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:55 pm

TimSkin wrote:Well Chris when you're right you're right... Whatever happened to that big pic of the troll somebody used to put on here for that Browns fan that said scroll the troll?? I loved that lol

Honestly, I hated that and think it's counter-productive. Ignoring a troll is easy: you scroll past their name and read the next post. However, turning that single turd into what equates to a double-troll-post with a big graphic kinda defeats the purpose of not giving the troll recognition.
"Even a stopped clock is right twice a day."

Hog

Postby TimSkin » Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:55 pm

hanburgerheel wrote:So, a troll is anyone who disagrees with the status quo? Got it. I'm a troll then.

I don't think you're a troll since your comments are actually ones that have points and why you feel that way.... You're not saying the same stupid thing over and over
HTTR!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hog

Postby TimSkin » Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:59 pm

btw here's Drew's career stats and as you can see he didn't start playing lights out till his 4th season....Isn't RG3 in his 2nd? http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/i ... drew-brees
HTTR!!!!!!!!!!!!

swine

Postby Mr Flit » Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:59 pm

The win now mentality of this fan base has no patience. Imo Haz has to go... And we MUST sign a true number one wide out (tall and fast preferably) and a hog or three for the interior line. Replacing Fletcher is a priority and hopefully some of the young dbs can pan out. Rgiii is the least of our worries, he will continue to improve and connect the dots; shame his rookie blues are outlined with poor supporting cast on D, poor oline play forcing even quicker decisions, and wide outs who can't get a lot of separation. Staying hopeful this can lead to developing his skills even better in the end. OR Hell just be scared and gun shy...[/quote]

A replacement for Has for a guy who wants a 4-3 installed. Saves you a draft pick as you have either Robinson, Riley to play the MLB position. Kerrigan is your rush backer and move Orakpo to the end position.

Hog

Postby TimSkin » Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:00 pm

Hooligan wrote:
TimSkin wrote:Well Chris when you're right you're right... Whatever happened to that big pic of the troll somebody used to put on here for that Browns fan that said scroll the troll?? I loved that lol

Honestly, I hated that and think it's counter-productive. Ignoring a troll is easy: you scroll past their name and read the next post. However, turning that single turd into what equates to a double-troll-post with a big graphic kinda defeats the purpose of not giving the troll recognition.

I just thought the troll was funny
HTTR!!!!!!!!!!!!

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:01 pm

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:
TimSkin wrote:

Drew Brees was drafted in the 2nd round, not 2nd overall. And more importantly, he actually was one of the better qb's in the NFL while in San Diego and held off Phillip Rivers for the starting job after Rivers was drafted. He signed with the Saints after suffering a major shoulder injury, when the Chargers offered him an incentive-laden deal because of the injury. Not an apt comparison at all.
Suck and Luck

piglet

Postby P()rter » Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:02 pm

TimSkin wrote:

I don't think you're a troll since your comments are actually ones that have points and why you feel that way.... You're not saying the same stupid thing over and over

Thats funny because if you call out RG3 and give examples as to why he A. Can't read defenses B. Does not progress through his reads and C. Makes horrible decisions that FRANCHISE QB's don't make you get call a troll? Even with reasons why. It's been like that with RG3, and the reality is he is a bust we are 3-7 and still hearing excuses about the surgery, the off season, and the O-line. Why can it not be RG3 fault?

piglet

Postby P()rter » Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:04 pm

TimSkin wrote:btw here's Drew's career stats and as you can see he didn't start playing lights out till his 4th season....Isn't RG3 in his 2nd? http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/i ... drew-brees

That does not help the case...lmao Breeze was not playing lights out, but RG3 is playing lights off. Let's get off of comparing RG3 to real Qb's please. If you want a compairson how bout, VICK? Quinn? Mccoy? Young? Newton?. That would make much more sense.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football