Trade Rg3 while his stock is still high

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
JSPB22

Re: Trade Rg3 while his stock is still high

Postby Deadskins » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:03 am

funsho2 wrote:
Deadskins wrote:
ACW wrote:#-o Dude, I know the loss sucked, but #-o

See where he's from, and put two and two together. :roll:

Yea because we don't have skins fans in dallas :roll:

And I'm sure you know some of them.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:28 am

funsho2 wrote:If we can get a team that will give up a 2015 1st round draft pick for Rg3....start cousins for next season....and if we suck...we suck for Jameis Winston....It will be a win-win situation....raiders or buccaneers could make the trade :D

Couple things:
1. RGIII's stock is as low as it will get. So, your theory is flawed from inception. Yes, he played HORRENDOUSLY yesterday. He has played horrendously this year, but he's still an above average QB and has earned at least this season and half of next (so we can see what he'll do with an actual off-season) before the FO makes any decisions.
2. Most teams would give up more than a 1st rounder for RGIII. No question, so you are basically asking for us to get ripped off.
3. This team, with Cousins, is not a bottom 3 team -- so a top 3 pick is out of the question (and Winston will most likely be the #1 pick....). Also, do you know when Winston will come out? The dude is a freshman. So what is your plan?
4. Are you just throwing those teams out there (re raiders, bucs) --- saying "hey these are the idiot teams....."; we'll, if we made an RGIII for a first rounder deal --- we'd be the idiots. His value is still much much higher.

Idiot GMs (like idiot investors) are those who trade players (stocks) when they hit their first speed bump, trying to salvage some value. I hope our FO isn't that dumb.

FunSho --- you started the time for KC thread and now this one. You are on quite the anti-RGIII crusade.......
Last edited by markshark84 on Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:28 am

SkinsJock wrote:Robert has not played well for the most part, but to state "he has shown nothing this season that makes me believe he'll be our franchise QB …" is just not correct at all

You agree that he's played poorly this year, but then say that I was incorrect in saying he has shown nothing THIS SEASON that makes me think he's a franchise QB? :?

Postby 7-44-66-81-84 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:30 am

I'm afraid I have to agree. Here is what RGIII can not do:

1. He does not have the field vision to throw his receivers open, or to know where his 2nd read is is the first read is covered. Good QBs have this. The road is littered with the bodies of QBs that some coach thought could learn this. It isn't learnable. You either have it or you don't.

2. He can't hit a crossing receiver. Throws are consistently high, and more often behind the receiver. If Pierre Garcon had not made several unbelievable catches in the Bears and Raiders games, we would be 1-9.

3. He thinks he knows more than the coaches. When asked to do something he feels is wrong, I believe he is subconsciously failing to prove his point.

4. He cannot make the decision to throw to the spot where the receiver will be when he wins on his route. He needs the receiver to win first, and be visibly open before he throws.

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:03 pm

:shock:
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:06 pm

funsho2 wrote:
Deadskins wrote:
ACW wrote:#-o Dude, I know the loss sucked, but #-o

See where he's from, and put two and two together. :roll:

Yea because we don't have skins fans in dallas :roll:

Just curious.. are you FROM TX or moved there?

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:24 pm

Ah! I see the Monday meltdown has begun in earnest.

Trade RGIII. lol. Actually pretty tame to be honest. I think expectations were at an all time low after the Vikings game.

piggie

Postby oj » Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:31 pm

Cut him and Kyle loose in a package deal, maybe we can get McGrab for them.
Molon Labe

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:31 pm

7-44-66-81-84 wrote:I'm afraid I have to agree. Here is what RGIII can not do:

1. He does not have the field vision to throw his receivers open, or to know where his 2nd read is is the first read is covered. Good QBs have this. The road is littered with the bodies of QBs that some coach thought could learn this. It isn't learnable. You either have it or you don't.

2. He can't hit a crossing receiver. Throws are consistently high, and more often behind the receiver. If Pierre Garcon had not made several unbelievable catches in the Bears and Raiders games, we would be 1-9.

3. He thinks he knows more than the coaches. When asked to do something he feels is wrong, I believe he is subconsciously failing to prove his point.

4. He cannot make the decision to throw to the spot where the receiver will be when he wins on his route. He needs the receiver to win first, and be visibly open before he throws.

Last year is last year but, he was very accurate. If you believe he is failing to prove a point then I'm not sure how to explain it except, even all of Roberts harshest critics would beg the differ and say he is a competitor. What kind of competitor would try to sink his own ship? This last game is the worst I seen him play, the Denver game was pretty bad as well. Jump ship if you think it's sinking.

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:49 pm

Kilmer72 wrote:Jump ship if you think it's sinking.

Well said!

piggie

Postby hanburgerheel » Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:59 pm

I guess since this poster has only 1 post-count, then the information offered is less valid.

I see some very interesting points here. And, I know for absolute certain that you cannot develop and coach-up things that are simply not instinctively there. Tim Tebow is another prime example of college star and NFL flop (even before he was eligible). There are countless college stars that cannot succeed in the NFL. Maybe Griffin can be a star, but I highly doubt it. Mostly for only one of the four reasons above. The Redskins need a QB that can perform NOW...not in 5 years. Griffin is also very fragile and even if he were a dead-eye passer, I don't think he will last physically for more than 5 years.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:13 pm

StorminMormon86 wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:Robert has not played well for the most part, but to state "he has shown nothing this season that makes me believe he'll be our franchise QB …" is just not correct at all

You agree that he's played poorly this year, then say that I was incorrect in saying he has shown nothing THIS SEASON that makes me think he's a franchise QB?

Robert has not played as well as he's capable of this season …
HOWEVER … he has shown on a number of occasions that he's a very good QB that needs to learn a lot more about playing QB in the NFL

Robert Griffin will become the best Redskins QB ever - he has been a disappointment - he will get there …

we actually have a number of good young players and while we are not going to do as well as I (and many others) expected we are a lot better than many other franchises with better win loss records than ours
Griffin will become a really good QB but it's going to take time

We are lucky to have Cousins - hopefully he can continue to play well

HAIL

Week 3 - 27-21

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:28 pm

SkinsJock wrote:Robert Griffin will become the best Redskins QB ever - he has been a disappointment - he will get there …

Lay off the kool-aid...

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:39 pm

I'm not sure how anyone could call RGIII fragile. The guy has missed all of one start in his short career, due to a freak accident. He has taken all the hits so far. I'm not saying I think he can take unlimited punishment or that he doesn't need to protect himself, or shouldn't get better protection from his teammates, but the record doesn't reflect the label.

Hail to the Redskins!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:50 pm

1. That's ridiculous. Of course it's learnable. There is an "it" factor that is unlearnable, but it's not what you are calling "field vision," and RGIII definitely has the unlearnable "it" factor.

2. His accuracy has decreased this year, but I don't agree with your opening sentence. He will get it back with time.

3. Again, this is a ludicrous statement.

4. Like most every sophmore QB to ever play the game. It takes time to adjust to the NFL speed.

Hail to the Redskins!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football