Trade Rg3 while his stock is still high

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
08 Champ

Re: Trade Rg3 while his stock is still high

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:26 pm

Regarding Robert Griffin III
StorminMormon86 wrote: He's 23. Not a kid. And despite his drive, he's still unable to read defenses and hit wide open receivers on crucial plays.

This might be a shock to you … Tom Brady is 36 …… actually he's over 36 :lol:

Robert is having a difficult time adjusting to playing QB the way Mike and Kyle want him to …

He's been brought up well and has shown that he can be 'trained' - he was a part of the US Olympic track team …

Mike and Kyle Shanahan are recognized by many as being VERY good QB coaches - they will help RG3 become one of the better QBs in the NFL
Griffin will become a really good QB but it's going to take time

We are lucky to have Cousins - hopefully he can continue to play well

HAIL

Week 3 - 27-21

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:38 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
StorminMormon86 wrote:He's 23. Not a kid. And despite his drive, he's still unable to read defenses and hit wide open receivers on crucial plays.

I love when people reject reality and insert their own. There's nothing correct about this post at all. Nothing. That's what makes it funny. You can't even slap the "opinion" label on this. LOLOLOL

Sometimes, Chris... you are just...

right. =D>
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:42 pm

I refuse to read back.. but why the hell has this thread gotten so much attention?! Rgiii is playing as good as most any qb would with a. This awsome pass protection he gets b. All the amazing wrs who continually get seperation right away c. The shut down D we have to back him up and d. The terrific play calling he gets every game- ie 7 pass attempts in one half. Some people expect the world from the kid and think cousins is Jesus in burgandy uniform... And some people are straight up retarded. Wake up people, its a TEAM sport. This places pisses me off more then losing these days I swear get a grip!
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:48 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
StorminMormon86 wrote:He's 23. Not a kid. And despite his drive, he's still unable to read defenses and hit wide open receivers on crucial plays.

I love when people reject reality and insert their own. There's nothing correct about this post at all. Nothing. That's what makes it funny. You can't even slap the "opinion" label on this. LOLOLOL

So what is the reality then? Did you watch the game against the Eagles last Sunday? His completion percentage was below 50%, he missed wide open receivers, blew a touchdown to Paulsen...where is this distorted reality where he's playing great and hitting wide open receivers?

I don't want to trade him, bench him, cut him or any other idiotic things you see on message boards and comment sections of articles. But I refuse to keep making excuses for the guy. The only excuse that should be made is that he can get better, because I think he can.

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:53 am

Deadskins wrote:

I have no idea how old you are, but 23 is just a kid. Especially in the NFL. And, he hit wide open receivers consistently last season, so you can't say he's still unable to do that. As for reading defenses, you have no idea how he's progressing at that, but it's only half way through his second season (with no off-season). You're expecting way too much from him.

I hate when people refer to anyone over the age of 21 as a "kid". He's an adult. "Young man" would even be better. Because he's not a kid, and shouldn't be excused as such. And my comment in reference to him still being unable to hit the receivers is based off of the reps he's gotten this season. We're going into week 12 now, the no off season is becoming a tired excuse.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:14 am

StorminMormon86 wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

I have no idea how old you are, but 23 is just a kid. Especially in the NFL. And, he hit wide open receivers consistently last season, so you can't say he's still unable to do that. As for reading defenses, you have no idea how he's progressing at that, but it's only half way through his second season (with no off-season). You're expecting way too much from him.

I hate when people refer to anyone over the age of 21 as a "kid". He's an adult. "Young man" would even be better. Because he's not a kid, and shouldn't be excused as such. And my comment in reference to him still being unable to hit the receivers is based off of the reps he's gotten this season. We're going into week 12 now, the no off season is becoming a tired excuse.

That's semantics. He's very young in terms of his NFL career. I wasn't making excuses with the no off-season comment, but trying to explain why he may not be as far along on the reading defenses front as others in his class.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:34 am

Deadskins wrote:That's semantics. He's very young in terms of his NFL career. I wasn't making excuses with the no off-season comment, but trying to explain why he may not be as far along on the reading defenses front as others in his class.

It's just a personal pet peeve of mine, that's all. And I wasn't trying to call you out about making excuses, I was talking about the fans in general. I just don't understand why people cannot collectively agree that Griffin is having a bad year and accept it without going into the reasons why. I don't remember Campbell getting this many passes in his early struggles.

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:13 am

*Cheap spam plug*

Make sure you check out the General Managers Forum for the latest information on THN's Fantasy Football League.. the OFFICIAL THN Fantasy Football League authorized by BossHog himself! Take a look and make your pick as to who will face-off in the "HOG BOWL"!!
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:39 am

langleyparkjoe wrote:Take a look and make your pick as to who will face-off in the "HOG BOWL"!!

Me and Hyena boy.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:00 pm

Deadskins wrote:
langleyparkjoe wrote:Take a look and make your pick as to who will face-off in the "HOG BOWL"!!

Me and Hyena boy.

Yes yes, that is possible indeed !!!
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:38 pm

StorminMormon86 wrote:
Deadskins wrote:That's semantics. He's very young in terms of his NFL career. I wasn't making excuses with the no off-season comment, but trying to explain why he may not be as far along on the reading defenses front as others in his class.

It's just a personal pet peeve of mine, that's all. And I wasn't trying to call you out about making excuses, I was talking about the fans in general. I just don't understand why people cannot collectively agree that Griffin is having a bad year and accept it without going into the reasons why.

. . . because the reasons why matter?

I don't remember Campbell getting this many passes in his early struggles.

Campbell got plenty of passes at the time. RGIII is a lightning rod for criticism compared to Campbell because he's just a higher-profile player in general.

One crucial point is that Campbell never outgrew his struggles. We gave him plenty of time to do so (one of the rare positive personnel decisions of that era, IMHO), but he just couldn't do it. RGIII has already shown, both in potential and in actual flashes, that he can reach that next level. No, he's not there yet. But I'm happy with being at least as patient in seeing his development as we were with Campbell, who did get 3.5 solid seasons to prove himself and never did anything like what RGIII has already accomplished in the NFL.

For every bad game he's had so far, RGIII's also had a good one. He's young and will improve. Is patience always the same thing as "making excuses" or giving him "passes"? I don't think so.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:05 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:. . . because the reasons why matter?

Yes but they change from week to week. It started with the no off season so he was given a pass until week 5. Then it was the surgery, and he was compared to AP and people said wait until week 6, because that's when AP started to shine last year. Who knows why he's slumping? Maybe it's a combination of all things speculated about. But that shouldn't make him immune to critcism. I get that he's in a slump, and I think he can get better.

Irn-Bru wrote:Campbell got plenty of passes at the time. RGIII is a lightning rod for criticism compared to Campbell because he's just a higher-profile player in general.

Griffin kind of brought the criticism on himself. He spoke out last year when he was sat out of the Cleveland game saying he was healthy enough to play. He said he was 100% ready to go on week 1. You can't keep saying things like that and then have horrible performances on the field and not expect to be criticized. I remember people wanting to trade Campbell after a couple of bad games in his second year.

Irn-Bru wrote:For every bad game he's had so far, RGIII's also had a good one. He's young and will improve. Is patience always the same thing as "making excuses" or giving him "passes"? I don't think so.

I agree that he will improve. But that doesn't mean it's ok to go out and play horrible against teams we should be beating and then write it off as "oh well we'll get them next year." We've lived that philosophy for the past 20 years.

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:25 pm

Last I heard our offense was ranked 5th and pass offense was ranked 10th. I haven't looked it up. Correct me if I am wrong. People talk about Robert having 2nd half trash stats. I can say this... I really believed we were going to win that game against Philly (the second time) he showed he still has the "IT" factor. For what ever reason he blew it on that last play though. I certainly do not call that trash time because he almost did it. I started to get that feeling again like it was going to happen even after a sh#tty day. Maybe he is starting to get a little more humble. Time will tell. Getting rid of your franchise QB is like selling your mom.

Postby iScrub » Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:12 pm

Redskins are 6th in total offense and 28th in total defense. This post should have been considered trolling.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:47 pm

iScrub wrote:Redskins are 6th in total offense and 28th in total defense. This post should have been considered trolling.

:lol: well the thread was started by a poster who is not a Redskins fan
his posts have led some here to think he's a Browns fan that is a little disappointed :lol:
Griffin will become a really good QB but it's going to take time

We are lucky to have Cousins - hopefully he can continue to play well

HAIL

Week 3 - 27-21

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football