Trade Rg3 while his stock is still high

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
08 Champ

Re: Trade Rg3 while his stock is still high

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:23 pm

you do understand that the more time a QB can get on the field and under extreme pressure the better it is for him in the long run …. right?

you do understand that?

don't you?

RG3 needs to learn how to play QB in the NFL so he can take advantage of the weapons he has

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "the things we’re doing are things he’s comfortable with & complement his strengths"

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:54 am

SkinsJock wrote:you do understand that the more time a QB can get on the field and under extreme pressure the better it is for him in the long run …. right?

you do understand that?

don't you?

You keep using these blanket statements...truth is that many QBs get shell shocked and never fully regain their confidence in the pocket.

YOU don't have a clue what RG3 is going to become. Sure, you can say he works real hard and that he`ll "come back better than he was before", but YOU, just like the rest of us don't have the faintest idea of what will become of this kid.

In fact, if history repeats itself and the saying "if nothing changes nothing changes" is true, this kid is heading full speed back into the same injury he just had surgery for. You can't take the magnitude of hits this kid is taking week out and week out without it taking its toll on the player`s mind.

I don't want RG3 becoming Muhammad Ali. This season is over, and terrible line can't protect him. You're damned if you keep him in, damned if you take him out.

Here's a guarantee, if RG3 gets hurt again this year, most of us, just like the Seahawks game, are going to be asking why he wasn't taken out after the season was already lost.

Yes, he has to learn, but Shanny hasn't upgraded the protection for RG3. That said, all we can do now is hope he makes it through the year.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:58 am

The ONLY way a young QB gets better is by playing and you cannot not play ANYONE, just because 'he might get injured' - that is STUPID :)

I'm looking forward to watching Robert play QB this weekend and becoming a really good QB

I'll let the worry warts and doomsayers have their fun fretting about what might be … :roll:
RG3 needs to learn how to play QB in the NFL so he can take advantage of the weapons he has

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "the things we’re doing are things he’s comfortable with & complement his strengths"

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:11 pm

SkinsJock wrote:The ONLY way a young QB gets better is by playing and you cannot not play ANYONE, just because 'he might get injured' - that is STUPID :)

I'm looking forward to watching Robert play QB this weekend and becoming a really good QB

I'll let the worry warts and doomsayers have their fun fretting about what might be … :roll:

@SkinsJock

You have this all wrong. Obviously, what you do when you trade up to get a franchise QB, you try to trade him. That way you can be assured for compensation. When things do not look good then by all means self destruct. Blame them for being absurd. Or we could go on trying to see daylight. Just let them figure out darkness for themselves.

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:07 pm

SkinsJock wrote:The ONLY way a young QB gets better is by playing and you cannot not play ANYONE, just because 'he might get injured' - that is STUPID :)

Though I agree in general, this again is a blanket statement. In our case we have an oline that's getting our long term, fanchise QB creamed every game.

Watching other teams play, I came to a scary realization; majority of other team`s QB aren't planting the crown of his helmet in the ground in pain, or rolling over in pain; teams are taking shots at RG3 not caring about the occasional penalty. That safety from the Steelers said it well "get physical with RG3." Again, I haven't seen other QBs in the amount of pain RG3 is in at various points in each game.

You're right, he needs to play to get better, but playing with oline is gambling with too high of stakes in a season that is already lost.

Both choices have negative consequences, I feel mine has only short term consequences. I know it won't happen because I'm familiar with Shanny`s track record.

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:21 pm

HTTRRG3ALMO wrote:

Though I agree in general, this again is a blanket statement. In our case we have an oline that's getting our long term, fanchise QB creamed every game.

Watching other teams play, I came to a scary realization; majority of other team`s QB aren't planting the crown of his helmet in the ground in pain, or rolling over in pain; teams are taking shots at RG3 not caring about the occasional penalty. That safety from the Steelers said it well "get physical with RG3." Again, I haven't seen other QBs in the amount of pain RG3 is in at various points in each game.

You're right, he needs to play to get better, but playing with oline is gambling with too high of stakes in a season that is already lost.

Both choices have negative consequences, I feel mine has only short term consequences. I know it won't happen because I'm familiar with Shanny`s track record.

Then what do we do? Do we play Cousins and get him; with less mobility, killed or give Robert the reps? I am all for keeping Robert up right but does this approach benefit him? I say if he survives this, then when the line does become mediocre, he will prevail.

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:47 pm

Kilmer72 wrote:
HTTRRG3ALMO wrote:

Then what do we do? Do we play Cousins and get him; with less mobility, killed or give Robert the reps? I am all for keeping Robert up right but does this approach benefit him? I say if he survives this, then when the line does become mediocre, he will prevail.

As terrible as this sounds, I would rather see Cousins hurt than RG3.

To answer your question on what we should do: This FO needs to put the fear of God into this line to get us through the year injury-free; Shanny isn't taking RG3 out. I believe his track record through the years proves that.

Good decision if no injury occurs, terrible decision if there is an injury.

We are therefore at the mercy of that line and how the coaches handle them.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:27 pm

There is no doubt that Robert took a beating in that last game but that was just a badly played game by our guys

nobody wants to see Robert taking hits like that and I'm sure the line, Robert and the game calling will mitigate that from happening in these upcoming games

I'm looking for a much improved effort from everyone going forward

piggie

Postby OldSchool » Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:14 pm

No way Griffin gets traded or benched. They couldn't trade him now if they wanted to for anything worth swallowing their pride for with his gimpy leg and sad sack performance. I doubt anyone would give the Skins even 1 first round pick after Griffin's pitiful performance this year confirmed he can't read and release fast enough to excel in the NFL. They won't bench Griffin until Snyder gets fed up, cuts Shanny loose and the new coach negotiates benching Griffin authority as part of the hiring process. If Shanny gets fired the QB job is going to be competed for in 2014.
********************************* Spoiler Alert **************************************

"Robert has to learn the new system!" Will be the party line in 2014

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:07 pm

OldSchool wrote:No way Griffin gets traded or benched. They couldn't trade him now if they wanted to for anything worth swallowing their pride for with his gimpy leg and sad sack performance. I doubt anyone would give the Skins even 1 first round pick after Griffin's pitiful performance this year confirmed he can't read and release fast enough to excel in the NFL. They won't bench Griffin until Snyder gets fed up, cuts Shanny loose and the new coach negotiates benching Griffin authority as part of the hiring process. If Shanny gets fired the QB job is going to be competed for in 2014.

a lot of your posts are just to stir the pot and try to get people riled up …

There is NO WAY that the Redskins are interested in trading Robert - NONE

IF I thought and knew as much as you I'd suggest that the Redskins would not trade Robert for the same amount they gave up :wink:

and

EVEN if a new HC is here next season there is no way that he will tell Snyder that he might bench Robert - why would he do that?

why do you like to make such uninformed posts

I thought you inferred that you have been watching NFL games for over 50 years - did you not learn anything in that time?

piggie

Postby oj » Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:49 pm

How many RG3 tee shirts are the fans buying? That is what the Home Office is looking at right now.
Figure it out from there.
Molon Labe

ch1

Postby crazyhorse1 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:05 pm

Maybe no one noticed, but Robert was great against the Giants. 24 for 32 should have been 30 for 32. Six passes dropped. He also gained over eighty yards on the ground and achieved a PR over 100. We lost because of sins of others, including referees. If this is the way he continues to play, he should stay in there. I withdraw my former proposal that he sit the rest of the season out. Against the G's, he was a premiere quarterback and deserved the win.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:29 pm

I agree ch1 but the OP wants to trade Robert while we could get something for him … :lol:

and we have 1 poster that thinks we may not be able to bring in a new HC because Robert is the QB

that is just crazy!

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:57 pm

SkinsJock wrote:I agree ch1 but the OP wants to trade Robert while we could get something for him … :lol:

and we have 1 poster that thinks we may not be able to bring in a new HC because Robert is the QB

that is just crazy!

:shock: Really? I must have missed that one.

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:42 pm

crazyhorse1 wrote:Maybe no one noticed, but Robert was great against the Giants. 24 for 32 should have been 30 for 32. Six passes dropped. He also gained over eighty yards on the ground and achieved a PR over 100. We lost because of sins of others, including referees. If this is the way he continues to play, he should stay in there. I withdraw my former proposal that he sit the rest of the season out. Against the G's, he was a premiere quarterback and deserved the wn.

Great post... They choose to see (or not see) what they want. Haters gonna hate its what they do!
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football