Fred Davis could play this week

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
08 Champ

Re: Fred Davis could play this week

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:05 pm

riggofan wrote:
yupchagee wrote:Someone will give him a chance. He has too much talent to ignore & many coaches are certain that they can fix a player's attitude.

I don't think there is any question about that. But Fred wanted a big payday on this contract, and the big money offers just weren't there for him last spring.
Not sure he's done anything this season to improve on the salary he commands.

I agree - in the past - I was a big Fred Davis fan
I thought he was going to be a big part of the offense … and show that he was a very hard worker so that he could get a big deal next season

the drug thing was one concern but the lack of 'effort' this year from him is a bit of a bad deal IMHO

who knows, maybe he goes out there tonight and has a big game
that will be hard though if he has really not been making a huge effort at Redskins Park - not just recently, but all year
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

RG3 will benefit from having a full off season to prepare and a better 'fit' at both HC and OC

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:36 pm

SkinsJock wrote:
riggofan wrote:
yupchagee wrote:Someone will give him a chance. He has too much talent to ignore & many coaches are certain that they can fix a player's attitude.

I don't think there is any question about that. But Fred wanted a big payday on this contract, and the big money offers just weren't there for him last spring.
Not sure he's done anything this season to improve on the salary he commands.

I agree - in the past - I was a big Fred Davis fan
I thought he was going to be a big part of the offense … and show that he was a very hard worker so that he could get a big deal next season

the drug thing was one concern but the lack of 'effort' this year from him is a bit of a bad deal IMHO

who knows, maybe he goes out there tonight and has a big game
that will be hard though if he has really not been making a huge effort at Redskins Park - not just recently, but all year

IMHO, when a player stops trying in practice because he was beat out --- it shows they are a quitter. I hope that he comes out and has a great game, but the lack of effort over the season will come back to hurt him. Players like that tend to not be ready mentally. We'll see though.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:46 pm

Mike has shown that the only players he will help or give playing time to are those that make the effort both in practice and during the games

Fred Davis has shown that he's not that type of player - he has made that choice
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

RG3 will benefit from having a full off season to prepare and a better 'fit' at both HC and OC

+++++++++

Postby Skinsfan55 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:16 am

Rumour was the Davis missed all meetings this week and showed up late to the game. If true, he should be cut immediately. The 2008 draft is looking like an epic failure by Vinny and Zorn. At the time we thought we hit the jackpot, but it appears now that we whiffed on all three second rounders and failed to add any talent save for 7th round pick Rob Jackson who took a long time to develop. Ouch.
"Guess [Ryan Kerrigan] really does have a good motor. And is relentless. And never quits on a play. And just keeps coming. And probably eats Wheaties and drinks Apple Pie smoothies and shaves with Valvoline." -Dan Steinberg DC Sports Bog

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:31 pm

So much for our unsung hero. http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/foo ... in-detail/

He is done. Someone might give him a last try but going by that, he is done.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football