Skins Are Basket Case & Can't Keep Their Top Pick.

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Re: Skins Are Basket Case & Can't Keep Their Top Pick.

Postby riggofan » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:31 pm

OldSchool wrote:Fellas spin it anyway you want if it will make you feel any better but the Skins spent 3 first round picks PLUS a second round pick for Griffin. If you think this was smart good for you, I hope he has a great career and makes monkey out of me and all his other doubters and critics but it looks like mega bust to me today and I thought this bet the farm approach was dumb when they made it. You watch football for over 50 years and you know no player is a sure thing much less worth spending 3 first round and a second to get, especially a college option quarterback who doesn't have proven pocket passer skills.

Great. We still didn't lose three first round players. Keep trying though.

Seriously, did we have a first round pick in 2012 or not? Oh right, we did. So you're either lying or spinning to exaggerate your point, and its unnecessary. No one is disputing whether or not it was high price to pay for RGIII.

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:40 pm

riggofan wrote:
OldSchool wrote:Fellas spin it anyway you want if it will make you feel any better but the Skins spent 3 first round picks PLUS a second round pick for Griffin. If you think this was smart good for you, I hope he has a great career and makes monkey out of me and all his other doubters and critics but it looks like mega bust to me today and I thought this bet the farm approach was dumb when they made it. You watch football for over 50 years and you know no player is a sure thing much less worth spending 3 first round and a second to get, especially a college option quarterback who doesn't have proven pocket passer skills.

Seriously, did we have a first round pick in 2012 or not? Oh right, we did. So you're either lying or spinning to exaggerate your point, and its unnecessary. No one is disputing whether or not it was high price to pay for RGIII.

Well, we did use 3 first round picks on Griffin, though we only traded 2 (and people often say we traded 3).
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Hog

Postby riggofan » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:57 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:
riggofan wrote:

Well, we did use 3 first round picks on Griffin, though we only traded 2 (and people often say we traded 3).

I *get* that, but that's not the point he was making in his original post. He wrote:

Think what the Skins could have done with 3 first round picks

Ah yeah. If we could only go back and draft Chris Samuels, Rod Gardner and Patrick Ramsey again. Or Sean Taylor, Carlos Rogers and Jason Campbell. Just think what we could have done! :)

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:30 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:Well, we did use 3 first round picks on Griffin, though we only traded 2 (and people often say we traded 3).

We actually did trade 3, we just got one back in return, so we only gave up 2 (first rounders).
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:50 pm

we're not 'spinning' anything and the posters here know it - you screwed up - get over it
OldSchool wrote:… it looks like a mega bust to me today and I thought this 'bet the farm' approach was dumb when they made it. You watch football for over 50 years and you know no player is a sure thing much less worth spending 3 first round and a second to get, especially a college option quarterback who doesn't have proven pocket passer skills.

you and a few others may be right - there is no sure thing with first round draft picks EVER - we might have made bad choices with the picks we had - it happens

Robert Griffin III may just be "a college option QB who doesn't have proven pocket passer skills" to you but ALL college players have NO proven skills - NONE

Robert has been brought up in a military family and he was an olympic caliber athlete - those are facts - this kid has a lot more potential based on things we know than most kids coming out of college - he's going through some growing pains but he's got a lot more chance of becoming a great QB than most do

you did not like the trade that Mike & Bruce made - OK - you're JUST a part of a very small minority that does not think it was worth what we gave up
maybe all the other more knowledgeable NFL people are wrong, but I doubt it :D
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "He has the ability and the desire, he just has to do it.” - J Gruden

Hog

Postby riggofan » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:05 pm

RGIII this year
61% completion
3,039 passing yards
15/11 TDs/INTs
460 rushing yards

Andrew Luck this year
58% completion
2793 passing yards
15/8 TDs/INTs
304 rushing yards

Couple of busts.

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:52 pm

riggofan wrote:RGIII this year
61% completion
3,039 passing yards
15/11 TDs/INTs
460 rushing yards

Andrew Luck this year
58% completion
2793 passing yards
15/8 TDs/INTs
304 rushing yards

Couple of busts.

This thread is a bust!
Thank u sir!

Not to even mention all the rookie records RGiii broke...
Don't feed the trolls guys.. even if they are our own. It's Luke walking dead, when they turn u just got to put em out of their misery and carry on. #newSkewl
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

piggie

Postby OldSchool » Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:05 pm

I know much of Griffins yards were gotten in garbage time, I didn't watch Luck so I don't know about his year. I also don't know if Indy had to spend more than 1 first round pick for Luck. I have at least three problems with Griffin; the acquisition cost was crazy, picking an college option quarterback is foolish, and his primo donna behavior. No player no matter how able is worth spending 3 first rounds and a second round to get, it was just a bad idea to begin with and looks incredibly stupid this season. Lots of successful college QBs fail in the NFL because it is a big leap and option quarterbacks fail even more often. Long odds against him justifying the acquisition costs even before he showed up and behaved like a primo Donna.

Does anyone here really believe that the coaching staff wanted to play Griffin at the start of the season? Off course not but it was abundantly clear their Diva QB insisted on playing, probably with Snyder's support. Why? Perhaps Griffin was just impatient or maybe he was afraid the Skins might have some success without him. I don't know if Griffin would have assented to Grossman taking the field for a few games but Griffin wasn't willing to risk Cousins having success.

What serious person really believes the coaching staff really wants to play Griffin now? Griffin's poor play killed whatever chance the Skins had of winning season and the primo Donna's insistence on playing deprived the Skins of any opportunity of success with another QB on field. I don't care what Shanny feels obliged to say about Griffin better chances to win earlier in the year and using the games now as opportunities for Griffin to learn I think the only reason Griffin is out there is there would be a *sh$t* storm that Shanny knows he wouldn't survive if benched Griffin but Griffin will probably insist on a coaching change after the season anyways. Griffin's teammates don't even help him up after sacks now, it looks like their tired of it also.
********************************* Spoiler Alert **************************************

"Robert has to learn the new system!" Will be the party line in 2014

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:26 am

DFTT - please
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "He has the ability and the desire, he just has to do it.” - J Gruden

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:53 am

riggofan wrote:I so wish the next round of website upgrades would include an "ignore" button.

You don't have to wait; your wish was granted in the latest upgrade. Go to the profile of the poster you wish to ignore (click on their username), and there you will find your button. (Add as foe)
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby riggofan » Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:15 am

Deadskins wrote:
riggofan wrote:I so wish the next round of website upgrades would include an "ignore" button.

You don't have to wait; your wish was granted in the latest upgrade. Go to the profile of the poster you wish to ignore (click on their username), and there you will find your button. (Add as foe)

SERIOUSLY???? That is awesome.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:33 am

riggofan wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

THANK YOU ... that is really a neat feature

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:17 pm

riggofan wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

the button is so close... but I dare not touch... sigh...
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:06 pm

Deadskins wrote:

Does this block all posts and threads from the poster from being visable at all? Might make this place better not having to constantly defend rgiii with facts, stats, video, player quotes, etc and forever... Lol
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:11 pm

OldSchool wrote:Does anyone here really believe that the coaching staff wanted to play Griffin at the start of the season? Off course not but it was abundantly clear their Diva QB insisted on playing, probably with Snyder's support. Why? Perhaps Griffin was just impatient or maybe he was afraid the Skins might have some success without him. I don't know if Griffin would have assented to Grossman taking the field for a few games but Griffin wasn't willing to risk Cousins having success.

I think the biggest reason Griffin started game one was Adrian Peterson's precedent.

Cousins injuring his foot in the preseason didn't help. It put added pressure on Shanny to cave.

I call the malady Griffin Fever and it was exacerbated by Peterson Syndrome.

The games before the bye gave Shanny the perfect chance to do the right thing after blowing it in Seattle. In my "Wait Until the Bye" thread in September, I posited that starting Cousins for 4 games would have, among other things, given Griffin extra time to heal and bolstered Shanny's position as top dog.

At least we have Gruden now. I'll take him over Shanaliar any day.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football