How do you fix this?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Re: How do you fix this?

Postby Kilmer72 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:14 pm

SkinsJock wrote:I'm not sure I understand why we are not leveling more criticism at the way the O line is used …
last season the O line did not look bad running the read option offense - this season we've changed the way we run the offense and this group is not up to playing that way - not even close to being able to hold their blocks at all

I'm not sure about where to start on defense but the LB play we saw last night from the 49ers is a recipe for success
I'm OK with Orakpo and Kerrigan but we are hurting in the middle

the secondary is a major concern

I will say this - last night's game was not good at all and not a real indication of where we are at

that was just a terrible game from EVERYONE

The problem is what we all have been seeing. This oline isn't designed to hold a pass rush for long. It is designed
to zone run block. They need to roll Robert out I would guess. Just like Joe T. used to on almost every passing down.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:39 pm

Once I saw "Polumbus" and "bookend" in the same sentence, something happened...

There's like this one brain cell that spends all of it's time looking for stupid crap... when it sees it, it sends out this message that says "hey... I see stupid crap"... the rest of my brain cells go "wow"... and then, they go somewhere else.

Polumbus is functional in a zone blocking situation.
He sucks in pass pro.
He sucks in a power running situation.

My brain is making me leave now.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:42 pm

Countertrey wrote:Once I saw "Polumbus" and "bookend" in the same sentence, something happened...

There's like this one brain cell that spends all of it's time looking for stupid crap... when it sees it, it sends out this message that says "hey... I see stupid crap"... the rest of my brain cells go "wow"... and then, they go somewhere else.

Polumbus is functional in a zone blocking situation.
He sucks in pass pro.
He sucks in a power running situation.

My brain is making me leave now.

now that is funny :lol:

thanks for that ...
Robert Griffin will become a really good NFL QB he's got the physical attributes and he knows what he has to do to

hopefully Kirk Cousins can take advantage of this opportunity till RG3 is ready to play again

HAIL

Week 3 - 27-21

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:10 pm

Not that this is some kind of epiphany but, why isn't he running more bootlegs and roll outs? Doc and BMitch have been having a go at our strategy. It makes sense to get him safe as possible.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:59 pm

Kilmer72 wrote:Not that this is some kind of epiphany but, why isn't he running more bootlegs and roll outs? Doc and BMitch have been having a go at our strategy. It makes sense to get him safe as possible.

I saw 3 called yesterday... as soon as he came out of his break... there was a linebacker in his face. So... how many more should they have called yesterday?
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:13 pm

Countertrey wrote:
Kilmer72 wrote:Not that this is some kind of epiphany but, why isn't he running more bootlegs and roll outs? Doc and BMitch have been having a go at our strategy. It makes sense to get him safe as possible.

I saw 3 called yesterday... as soon as he came out of his break... there was a linebacker in his face. So... how many more should they have called yesterday?

Dunno, but if you can't hide you better run. There has to be some answer. Maybe 3 wasn't enough?

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:57 am

Skinsfan55 wrote:
DaSkinz Baby wrote:I don't know what kind of drugs they are on, however Polumbus and Chester have STUNK the entire season, last nights running to that side pretty much validates that. Keith Burns special teams, Jim Hasletts defensive coaching and schemes are not up to NFL level. The entire coaching staff along with Chester, Polumbus, Fletcher, Morgan, Moss need to be gone at seasons' end. The only way to fix this, is to bring in a coach that the game hasn't passed. To be able to look at what this roster has and work on schemes that highlight the strengths. Pretty much do 100% opposite of what the Shananigans have done since day one. Get this defense back to a 4-3, have Kerrigan and Orakpo as DE's!! This coaching staff is absolutely pathetic. [-o< [-o< [-o<

When you quote the whole original post, it looks bad, and gives people an excuse to dismiss your comments. When your comments are silly, that excuse is validated. Provide some data. Elevate the level of discourse on this board.

Skinsfan excuse me but anyone that has the common sense of a fruit fly would take my post for what it is. If you want to dismiss my comments, no problem. My comments are no more as silly as this complete coaching's staff, the pathetic coaching, and the imbeciles that still back the Shananigans :roll: At 48 I personally am completely and utterly disgusted at again being laughing stocks. We as fans deserve better and this once gloried franchise deserve better. So go ahead dismiss whatever I have to say, and hopefully these pathetic excuses for coaches will also get dismissed. =D> =D> =D>

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:47 am

Skinsfan55 wrote:The 2013 Washington Redskins look awful this season.
We can all agree on that, but the first step towards solving a problem is to identify what the problem is in the first place. So... how do we do that?

The first thing is to remember where we were in 2009 and look at where we are in 2013 …

AND

NOT over react to what we all saw last Monday night that was NOT indicative of where we really are

Be patient and give Bruce and Mike a little more time to continue the good work they've done with the front office, the scouting and everything they've done to fix the mess created by Snyder over many years

we have many issues with both the staff and the players but there are a few bright spots to build around and we need to continue with the Shanaplan

I'm looking forward to not having Mike as the HC but I do appreciate the work Bruce & Mike have done in fixing the mess created by Snyder
Robert Griffin will become a really good NFL QB he's got the physical attributes and he knows what he has to do to

hopefully Kirk Cousins can take advantage of this opportunity till RG3 is ready to play again

HAIL

Week 3 - 27-21

||||||

Postby EA7649 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:00 pm

For the rest of the season I would start Robert. If he has any signs of injury bench him, he is the future let him get through this if hes healthy. Benching him would really hurt his moral and put challenges for the future. You can agree or disagree if you want, but if he is capable of playing and sitting him would be negative.

Coaches-New special teams coach no question. New defensive coach if a good one is available (reasons is to give a new voice and could benefit the players) It would be tough to get rid of Shanahan because than the offensive coordinator is gone. But if there is a lot of tension than it might have to be done.

Players-Bring in a veteran productive safety that can perform well and help the young DB grow as a player. Bring in a veteran slot wide receiver and deep ball wide receiver that will hold onto the ball taking all the focus off of Garcon. (get rid of all the wide receivers that can't catch a ball haha) O-line can use some work see whats available.

Hope-Robert takes this season to heart and grows/credibility as a better player on the field and in the locker room.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:14 pm

EA7649 wrote:For the rest of the season I would start Robert. If he has any signs of injury bench him, he is the future let him get through this if hes healthy. Benching him would really hurt his moral and put challenges for the future. You can agree or disagree if you want, but if he is capable of playing and sitting him would be negative.

Coaches-New special teams coach no question. New defensive coach if a good one is available (reasons is to give a new voice and could benefit the players) It would be tough to get rid of Shanahan because than the offensive coordinator is gone. But if there is a lot of tension than it might have to be done.

Players-Bring in a veteran productive safety that can perform well and help the young DB grow as a player. Bring in a veteran slot wide receiver and deep ball wide receiver that will hold onto the ball taking all the focus off of Garcon. (get rid of all the wide receivers that can't catch a ball haha) O-line can use some work see whats available.

Hope-Robert takes this season to heart and grows/credibility as a better player on the field and in the locker room.

I agree somewhat

I think some are just over reacting to a terrible game by the Redskins this past Monday

ALSO

the 49ers played very well
we have not seen Kaepernick play that well for a long while and their defense, especially Willis and Brooks plays the D line had an incredibly great game

the Redskins have been very disappointing but they are very young and they are rebuilding
we do have a lot of work to do but we have guys in charge that know what they're doing and they do have a plan

Robert is an exceptional athlete and he'll handle all this just fine - he's going to be a force at QB for years and we have a lot of good young players to build around

HAIL

Week 3 - 27-21

Hog

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:39 pm

We stink this season, but lets keep this in perspective.

Last season we over-achieved - due to an immense talent at QB and, just as importantly, an immense talent at RB joining the roster and lifting the group as a whole. That success was built on fragile foundations.

The simple truth is I seriously doubt any coach out there could have taken on this roster in 2009 and done a better job at over-hauling it, especially with a $36m cap hit to contend with and an injury to your new stud QB coming into his 2nd pro season.

Just think what a difference that money would make right now if it bought RG3 another 1-2 seconds in the pocket with better pass protection and if he had another quality WR to go to other than just Garcon... I mean did you see that stat that said Griffin had thrown something like 32 passes this season when we've been winning, 32 out of how many hundred!!! The kid is under a stupid amount of pressure.

Not to mention the improvements that could be made on D with the rest of that money.

If you look at the bigger picture we're actually in good shape. As long as RG3 stays fit he'll be dynamite next season. The offense has real quality to it with RG3, Morris, Helu, Garcon, Reed and Williams all top players. Just need to protect that QB better!

The D is a worry, We really miss Carricker in my opinion, plus Riley has been a disapointment. Would love to have seen where Robinson would be had he been fit but I like him. Rob Jackson needs to be involved more, Jenkins is not making the progress we all hoped he'd make, Cofield has been great in patches but Bowen has dropped off in my opinion.

Rambo has shown he's learning after early season erros, Amerson I think will be great, Meriweather I expected a lot more from... Again, would love to have seen what Phillip Thomas would have brought to the team. Hall has been good in my opinion, Wilson average, Biggers OK.

The biggest impact of the cap penalty has been on ST as you'd expect, where you have to make do in such a situation, we have not managed to do that sadly.

The point is Shanahan has brought some great talent in, but has been unlucky with the penalty and the injury to RG3, therefore he deserves the chance to bolster the team next season in free agency and in the draft.
Here It Comes Again: Worst to First Baby!

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:56 pm

SouthLondonRedskin wrote:We stink this season, but lets keep this in perspective.

Last season we over-achieved - due to an immense talent at QB and, just as importantly, an immense talent at RB joining the roster and lifting the group as a whole. That success was built on fragile foundations.

The simple truth is I seriously doubt any coach out there could have taken on this roster in 2009 and done a better job at over-hauling it, especially with a $36m cap hit to contend with and an injury to your new stud QB coming into his 2nd pro season.

Just think what a difference that money would make right now if it bought RG3 another 1-2 seconds in the pocket with better pass protection and if he had another quality WR to go to other than just Garcon... I mean did you see that stat that said Griffin had thrown something like 32 passes this season when we've been winning, 32 out of how many hundred!!! The kid is under a stupid amount of pressure.

Not to mention the improvements that could be made on D with the rest of that money.

If you look at the bigger picture we're actually in good shape. As long as RG3 stays fit he'll be dynamite next season. The offense has real quality to it with RG3, Morris, Helu, Garcon, Reed and Williams all top players. Just need to protect that QB better!

The D is a worry, We really miss Carricker in my opinion, plus Riley has been a disapointment. Would love to have seen where Robinson would be had he been fit but I like him. Rob Jackson needs to be involved more, Jenkins is not making the progress we all hoped he'd make, Cofield has been great in patches but Bowen has dropped off in my opinion.

Rambo has shown he's learning after early season erros, Amerson I think will be great, Meriweather I expected a lot more from... Again, would love to have seen what Phillip Thomas would have brought to the team. Hall has been good in my opinion, Wilson average, Biggers OK.

The biggest impact of the cap penalty has been on ST as you'd expect, where you have to make do in such a situation, we have not managed to do that sadly.

The point is Shanahan has brought some great talent in, but has been unlucky with the penalty and the injury to RG3, therefore he deserves the chance to bolster the team next season in free agency and in the draft.

yeah, but if he doesn't try to switch to a 34 right away, Haynesworth is here happy to play in a 43. I know AH is fat and lazy but he didn't play bad at all when in a 43 for us. All that I put on Haynesworth. He could have tried to be a 34 guy.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:37 pm

Haynesworth was not as interested in playing as he was in getting what he felt he was owed for how he played before he even came here - Fat Al used the "excuse" that he was lied to about how he was going to be used here - the fact of the matter was he wanted his money and then he was not willing to give anywhere near 100% to even get into shape to play - that guy is the definition of the biggest loser

HAIL

Week 3 - 27-21

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:20 pm

I wonder what it would take to get Darrell Green in as a DB coach.

Heard Coooooooley talking about D. Hall getting footwork lessons on his own time this offseason and season from D. Green. Look at the difference in his play from that short period.

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:22 pm

I thought you guys should know this. Just in case you were lost. Dunkel

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunkel

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football