How do you fix this?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Re: How do you fix this?

Postby riggofan » Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:17 pm

Kilmer72 wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:Haynesworth was not as interested in playing as he was in getting what he felt he was owed for how he played before he even came here - Fat Al used the "excuse" that he was lied to about how he was going to be used here - the fact of the matter was he wanted his money and then he was not willing to give anywhere near 100% to even get into shape to play - that guy is the definition of the biggest loser

This is actually a pretty major gaff. Don't get me wrong. I know this is almost all on Haynesworth as far as being a professional. He was lied to though from the perspective, that he was coming to a 43, and that was a major reason for coming here. Snyder deserves a little blame there.

I'm not trying to bash our team; rather instead say, the mistakes cost us early.

There maaaay be a bit of truth in that, but I really don't think it mattered with Haynesworth. Has anybody heard Cooley since he became a broadcaster open up about Fat Albert? Brutal.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-foo ... uman-being
"Because he was TRYING to get released by the team. His goal was to come here, make a large signing bonus, and then get released and not have to do any of the work. He didn't care about the back end of that contract, he didn't care about making all of that money. His idea was, you paid me for what I did in the past, and my goal is to be released as soon as possible and basically take $33 million from you for absolutely nothing"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"That's all you want? Three ones and a two?.... I said, 'Dan, game on.'" - Vinny
"You can't do epic **** with basic people." - DJax

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:08 pm

There are no excuses trust me. I was referring to when we first got him. His first two years he did as he was asked. Once he was told he had to play in a 34 the effort went out the window and he wanted to be gone with the money. If we hadn't have switched to a 34 he would have been compliant. You have to admit in a 43 for us he was formidable.

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:01 pm

How to fix this?

(1) Grit your teeth

(2) Suffer another painful season

(3) Protect Griffith enough that his legs are sound when the team gets a better OL

(4) Draft very smart in the later rounds

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:51 pm

I know that I'm biased but I don't think we're all that bad - bad, yes! but not hopeless

we'll be OK but we must ensure that Robert has a very busy offseason with Kyle and his offense

we also need the FO to ensure they continue to locate players that suit what we're trying to do here
It's taken years for the Redskins to become as bad as we are - there is no way that the team is going to be consistently competitive in the near future, the problems here are complex - unfortunately with Dan Snyder, it is what it is

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:28 am

SkinsJock wrote:
Skinsfan55 wrote:The 2013 Washington Redskins look awful this season.
We can all agree on that, but the first step towards solving a problem is to identify what the problem is in the first place. So... how do we do that?

The first thing is to remember where we were in 2009 and look at where we are in 2013 …

AND

NOT over react to what we all saw last Monday night that was NOT indicative of where we really are

Be patient and give Bruce and Mike a little more time to continue the good work they've done with the front office, the scouting and everything they've done to fix the mess created by Snyder over many years

we have many issues with both the staff and the players but there are a few bright spots to build around and we need to continue with the Shanaplan

I'm looking forward to not having Mike as the HC but I do appreciate the work Bruce & Mike have done in fixing the mess created by Snyder

Sorry no way does that pathetic excuse for a head coach deserve more time, if the product he places on the field doesn't reflect that perhaps the continued starting of Chester and Polumbus is, they are going to get RGIII killed! I have never ever seen another team play another team, THE DEADSKINS and look like world beaters. Tuck had what 5 sacks last night? All on Polumbus and Chester YET AGAIN. Sorry this is beyond pathetic and if Shananigan's is here again next year look for the same pathetic product. I don't know why so many people refuse to accept that the game has passed this fool by...........

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:00 am

So who should start ahead of Chester and Polumbus exactly? And if those players are not currently on the roster, how do we pay for them?

We get it. You hate the coach.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"That's all you want? Three ones and a two?.... I said, 'Dan, game on.'" - Vinny

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:34 am

DaSkinz Baby wrote:I have never ever seen another team play another team, THE DEADSKINS and look like world beaters.

I did what now?
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:49 am

riggofan wrote:So who should start ahead of Chester and Polumbus exactly? And if those players are not currently on the roster, how do we pay for them?

We get it. You hate the coach.

Yes I hate the entire coaching staff but you mean to tell me that Chester is better than LeRibeus? Or Polumbus is better than Compton? Sorry I don't see that, Chester and Polumbus have done nothing but get beat all season and Chester how many holds has he had? What's the sense of having LeRibeus, Compton, Gettis?? Sorry no one is going to convince me that Chester or Polumbus are any better than the ones waiting for to get a chance to play. Shanahan continues to be senile, retarded and I absolutely hate him and his son and Jim Haslett and wish they all would drop dead...... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:50 am

Deadskins wrote:
DaSkinz Baby wrote:I have never ever seen another team play another team, THE DEADSKINS and look like world beaters.

I did what now?

Nothing dude, it was an insult to the Redskins, calling them Deadskins! :lol: :lol:

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:05 am

lol. Oh yeah! If only Shanahan would have started 60 lb overweight LeRibeus and Tom Compton. We could have been contenders!

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:11 am

riggofan wrote:lol. Oh yeah! If only Shanahan would have started 60 lb overweight LeRibeus and Tom Compton. We could have been contenders!

LeRibeus was 60 pounds overweight at the beginning of the season, come on, get a grip.

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:16 pm

Shanahan has had 1 winning year out of the last 7 he coached. Everyone wants to talk about another year with him and RGIII, but people forget he was the coach who left a hurting RGIII in last year and he ended up tearing an ACL. Fire the entire coaching staff and bring in a guy like Lovie Smith to rebuild the team.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:26 pm

I just don't get that we have to fire everybody - a new regime will require time

why not continue - we're not going to suddenly turn things around here
that sort of 'stuff' ONLY happens when the new HC is taking over a franchise that has all the pieces like Reid and the Kansas City Chiefs

maybe Mike will make some changes - he's in charge, and even though I don't like him, he's a very good HC

I think that 2015 will be very good here no matter who is in charge

AND

I think that Mike & Bruce should get another year
It's taken years for the Redskins to become as bad as we are - there is no way that the team is going to be consistently competitive in the near future, the problems here are complex - unfortunately with Dan Snyder, it is what it is

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:44 pm

DaSkinz Baby wrote:Shanahan has had 1 winning year out of the last 7 he coached. Everyone wants to talk about another year with him and RGIII, but people forget he was the coach who left a hurting RGIII in last year and he ended up tearing an ACL. Fire the entire coaching staff and bring in a guy like Lovie Smith to rebuild the team.

Excellent. Let's start another four year rebuilding process.

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:04 pm

DaSkinz Baby wrote:Fire the entire coaching staff and bring in a guy like Lovie Smith to rebuild the team.

:-k

This name has come up a lot lately at my house. I may start a poll.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football