Gave Tickets Away Probably Won't Renew...

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Gave Tickets Away Probably Won't Renew...

Postby OldSchool » Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:25 am

My neighbor is a Giant fan, I gave my two tickets to him so he could take his son to the game. This the third time I've given my seats away this year, I may be done. The Griffin mega trade, cult following, and WORST of all the post injury play of this hapless young man robs the game of any enjoyment for me. I'm not freezing my butt off to watch Griffin stink up the field again and I doubt I'm going to renew. I've have had season tickets for over 25 years, I remember feeling like I had arrived when I bought season tickets for the first time, now it just isn't fun anymore. Sundays may be golf days for me next autumn.

CKRGiii

Re: Gave Tickets Away Probably Won't Renew...

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:24 pm

OldSchool wrote:My neighbor is a Giant fan, I gave my two tickets to him so he could take his son to the game. This the third time I've given my seats away this year, I may be done. The Griffin mega trade, cult following, and WORST of all the post injury play of this hapless young man robs the game of any enjoyment for me. I'm not freezing my butt off to watch Griffin stink up the field again and I doubt I'm going to renew. I've have had season tickets for over 25 years, I remember feeling like I had arrived when I bought season tickets for the first time, now it just isn't fun anymore. Sundays may be golf days for me next autumn.

Seriously? Uve sat through Grossman, ferot, Campbell, hell even mcnugget, and youre gonna cry about rgiii?!? No offense: but I'm glad u r retiring, hope u convince your friends to follow suit! If this is the "oldschool" fandom I say dueces! Let the youngsters hold it down, this team needs some heart- on the field and in the stands. Smmfh
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:05 pm

Lol... I just read the first sentence and that was as far as I needed to go.

Hog

Postby TimSkin » Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:05 pm

OldSchool wrote:My neighbor is a Giant fan, I gave my two tickets to him so he could take his son to the game. This the third time I've given my seats away this year, I may be done. The Griffin mega trade, cult following, and WORST of all the post injury play of this hapless young man robs the game of any enjoyment for me. I'm not freezing my butt off to watch Griffin stink up the field again and I doubt I'm going to renew. I've have had season tickets for over 25 years, I remember feeling like I had arrived when I bought season tickets for the first time, now it just isn't fun anymore. Sundays may be golf days for me next autumn.

Seriously dude?!?!?! You gotta be kidding that's a funny joke cuz this team and Griffin gave you(us) some memories of a lifetime last year and I would have done anything to have season tickets.

Yes we suck this year but we will be back and I guess somebody else will be enjoying your seats and you will purposely have surgery to reverse your knee so you can kick yourself in the ass every time you stop and think about what a stupid idea this is.

Enjoy wackin dem little balls next year.
HTTR!!!!!!!!!!!!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:13 pm

OldSchool wrote:My neighbor is a Giant fan, I gave my two tickets to him so he could take his son to the game.
This the third time I've given my seats away this year, I may be done.

The Griffin mega trade, cult following, and WORST of all the post injury play of this hapless young man robs the game of any enjoyment for me.
I'm not freezing my butt off to watch Griffin stink up the field again and I doubt I'm going to renew.

I've have had season tickets for over 25 years, I remember feeling like I had arrived when I bought season tickets for the first time, now it just isn't fun anymore.

Sundays may be golf days for me next autumn.

good for you - see if your giants friend would like to buy them so he can go watch a decent team play

you are done - give it up - go play golf :shock:

whatever you do get out of here too
It's taken years for the Redskins to become as bad as we are - there is no way that the team is going to be consistently competitive in the near future, the problems here are complex - unfortunately with Dan Snyder, it is what it is

Hog

Postby SKINS#1 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:16 am

I'm with you OldSchool, its not worth the effort. I quit attending the games a couple years after Gibbs left the first time. While I still watch some of the games on TV, it is easier to walk away. I became a fan over 50 yrs ago when Nixon was coach and since that time we have had 3 great coaches, Lombardi, Allen and Gibbs. I think Schottenheimer would have been another if given the chance.

I guess the passion for the game is not what is used to be and golf is sometimes a better option. :D

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:27 pm

Good for you!

Here's hoping those tickets end up in the hands of a fan who's ready to show up and cheer the Skins on.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football