Spit out your frustration!

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
||||||

Spit out your frustration!

Postby EA7649 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:32 pm

Alright I'm officially embarrassed with everything! Cant make a long snap get ANY air time, bad decision making with runs/throws, major officiating screw up (redskins gets a close 1st down officials say 1st down than after the next play say its no its 4th down) gotta do some work guys! :evil:

You guys finish the rest about this season. WOW

CKRGiii

Re: Spit out your frustration!

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:36 pm

Would need be in smack..
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

||||||

Postby EA7649 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:41 pm

ok. copy and pasted it

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:49 pm

Question to be answered why is Sav Rocca still on the roster? Keith Burns can't find any better punter than that dude?? Why is Chester and Polumbus still starting you mean to tell me our backups are even worse than these two?? LMAO!!! Lastly why did we give so much up for RGIII to continue to get him killed trying to run and or pass behind Chester and Polumbus????

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:17 pm

DaSkinz Baby wrote:Question to be answered why is Sav Rocca still on the roster? Keith Burns can't find any better punter than that dude?? Why is Chester and Polumbus still starting you mean to tell me our backups are even worse than these two?? LMAO!!! Lastly why did we give so much up for RGIII to continue to get him killed trying to run and or pass behind Chester and Polumbus????

I'll be your huckleberry... We did because we haven't really ever had, a top of the line, top notch franchise QB. We were suffering and we had a chance to grab one of the best two QBs coming out of the draft. We spent a great deal but for the right reason. Trust me when I say, Robert will be around a long time and he is accurate. This is not Robert. He has many faults but being a cr@ppy QB is not one of them. Everyone will see eventually when he will be the next Tom Brady and then some. He was injured and operated on two knees and came back quick!!!!

He had a great game in his comeback this year. He was nearly perfect. Just like last year. They dropped balls. Next year like always, but you have to feel it now.

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:56 am

Kilmer72 wrote:
DaSkinz Baby wrote:Question to be answered why is Sav Rocca still on the roster? Keith Burns can't find any better punter than that dude?? Why is Chester and Polumbus still starting you mean to tell me our backups are even worse than these two?? LMAO!!! Lastly why did we give so much up for RGIII to continue to get him killed trying to run and or pass behind Chester and Polumbus????

I'll be your huckleberry... We did because we haven't really ever had, a top of the line, top notch franchise QB. We were suffering and we had a chance to grab one of the best two QBs coming out of the draft. We spent a great deal but for the right reason. Trust me when I say, Robert will be around a long time and he is accurate. This is not Robert. He has many faults but being a cr@ppy QB is not one of them. Everyone will see eventually when he will be the next Tom Brady and then some. He was injured and operated on two knees and came back quick!!!!

He had a great game in his comeback this year. He was nearly perfect. Just like last year. They dropped balls. Next year like always, but you have to feel it now.

I agree; there's more reason for optimism, but there's also serious issues being overlooked (the line, and the other coaches mainly). I do believe that next year we will have some really nice upgrades on the team...my only fear is that Shanny will continue to overlook the oline issues.

None the less, I think he deserves one last shot without the cap penalty to show what he can do. One great thing that he did was come out on top after that HUGE hit to the team; the way they handled contract amounts was absolutely amazing. I'm just speculating here, but from my perspective, I think the FO talked to the players about being a team member as opposed to wanting a huge payday and destroying the team. Whatever was said, I feel that they reached these men's hearts.

That said, its becoming very difficult for me to maintain faith in the Shannys. I like what others have been saying about going for a defensive-minded coach (and one that sees this oline as a career ender for RG3).

Anyway, if Bruce Allen was the main guy handling the contracts, I like that strong suit of his (not sure how much of a collective effort that was with him and MS). I hope they handle financing in like manner while picking up some solid FAs & draft picks next year (Mike, DON'T draft another RB next year!!).

So as with everything, there's great strengths and weaknesses with this FO. Before the season we were all singing their praises. Now, we're grabbing our pitch forks and torches. I think the Shanny clan has done a good contribution to this team and next year they should add their finishing touches to it. After that, I feel that change is needed with this franchise with new minds who address every aspect of the team and continue to be innovative in their play calling.

Shannys, thanks for RG3, Alf, and friends, as well as getting us through the cap situation. Make us all proud next year, and happy retirement thereafter.

Just my thoughts...

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:07 am

I'm really not that frustrated, more disappointed …

The reality is that I, like many, thought that this season's results would be better, based on what we did last season

we were not as good as our record or anywhere near as good as we here all thought

I think the FO did as well as they could in addressing the issues from last season but there was only so much that could be done

The defense was hurt by the secondary which was not at all helped by the front 7 - that sounds confusing, but … also, Fletcher WAS a great MLB and he's a great leader …

The O line did well last season when they were mainly used in a way that suited the game plan and the way RG3 and Morris were running the ball (the ZBS)
this season the line blocking was OK but our pass blocking was almost non existent - this O line is way too small and not suited for what we were trying to do

we are lucky to have a good bunch of scouts and a very good FO - they're going to be VERY busy this off season
When you're dead you don't know you're dead, it's only difficult for others.
It's kind of the same as when you're stupid!

memo to Dan Snyder: Let the football people just do their jobs - you need to manage your own mess

swine

Postby masterkwon » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:21 am

Kilmer72 wrote:Everyone will see eventually when he will be the next Tom Brady and then some.

:roll:

||||||

Postby EA7649 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:33 pm

I'm really frustrated and sad that we would have the #2 overall draft pick if the season ended today. But Rams got it.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:40 pm

EA7649 wrote:I'm really frustrated and sad that we would have the #2 overall draft pick if the season ended today. But Rams got it.

Yeah, that would suck, but then again, we would still have the #2 pick in every later round.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:54 pm

I see many posts on here that speak to all this good that Shanahan has done. 1 winning playoff season in 4. Taking a #4 rated defense and destroying it. This year taking more interest in the defensive side of the ball and it reeks of incompetence. Hiring Keith Burns for Special Teams that itself has needed the short yellow bus. Continuing to allow Chris Chester and Tyler Polumbus to start and to continue to have our franchise QB attempt to become a drop back passing when it's clearly evident that side of the line seems to me pure stupidity. Any coach worth his weight should take what the company does and use it. This isn't a passing team, this is a running team and the numbers and ranking prove that. However your worried about your franchise QB taking hits but you put him in situations all year that place him in a bad situation, you made a good catching TE that could have given defenses fits inactive for no apparent good reason, but you start and continue to activate Aldrick Robinson who has shown he doesn't catch passes 75% more than he catches passes........This entire coaching staff has not produced and Mike continuing to allow this is grounds to remove him TODAY just as McNair has fired Kubiak..............

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:02 pm

i'm not a Shanahan fan from the coaching perspective …

I will always feel that the franchise owes him a huge debt of gratitude for all that he's done with Bruce and especially in making the trade for RG3

memo to Dan Snyder: Let the football people just do their jobs - you need to manage your own mess

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:39 pm

I think we'll need to give Griffin another year or two before we declare that it was a good move in drafting him, but other than that I have to agree that Shanahan and Allen have at least steered the ship in the right direction. I don't think they've moved that ship anywhere, but it is in the right direction.

Hog

Postby riggofan » Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:18 pm

DaSkinz Baby wrote:I see many posts on here that speak to all this good that Shanahan has done. 1 winning playoff season in 4. Taking a #4 rated defense and destroying it. This year taking more interest in the defensive side of the ball and it reeks of incompetence. Hiring Keith Burns for Special Teams that itself has needed the short yellow bus. Continuing to allow Chris Chester and Tyler Polumbus to start and to continue to have our franchise QB attempt to become a drop back passing when it's clearly evident that side of the line seems to me pure stupidity. Any coach worth his weight should take what the company does and use it. This isn't a passing team, this is a running team and the numbers and ranking prove that. However your worried about your franchise QB taking hits but you put him in situations all year that place him in a bad situation, you made a good catching TE that could have given defenses fits inactive for no apparent good reason, but you start and continue to activate Aldrick Robinson who has shown he doesn't catch passes 75% more than he catches passes........This entire coaching staff has not produced and Mike continuing to allow this is grounds to remove him TODAY just as McNair has fired Kubiak..............

Do you just cut and paste this post in every thread?

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:41 pm

you can wait and see if the trade was worth it, I'm going to enjoy the good and the bad that goes with watching RG3 become a great QB

this kid has the talent and all the attributes and I think he'll benefit a lot from these first 2 years with Kyle and Mike no matter what this off season brings

there have been many instances that he's shown flashes of the greatness thats going to come with time and good coaching

you wait - I'm excited and very grateful
actually we should give the Rams more in appreciation for not letting the Browns make the trade - that would have been an even better deal for the Rams in hindsight

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football