Don't Fire Shanahan

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1212
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:23 pm
Location: Pasadena, MD

Re: Don't Fire Shanahan

Postby StorminMormon86 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:43 am

Remember when everyone was up in arms with how Shanahan allegedly treated McNabb? Turns out he was the problem, not the Shanahans. I have a fear that he may be right about Griffin/Snyder too.

Hog
Posts: 2240
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:05 pm
Location: Midland, VA

Re: Don't Fire Shanahan

Postby Kilmer72 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:53 am

I don't care what his beef is. Shanahan has given up and is hurting the team even more. He wants to get fired. That's pathetic. Finish the year and act like a man.

08 Champ
Posts: 13209
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Re: Don't Fire Shanahan

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:57 am

StorminMormon86 wrote:Remember when everyone was up in arms with how Shanahan allegedly treated McNabb? Turns out he was the problem, not the Shanahans. I have a fear that he may be right about Griffin/Snyder too.
:shock: can you be clearer? you state that McNabb was the problem and then question that "he" 'might be right' - who is he - Mike?
We are very fortunate to have Kirk Cousins, he's a good QB

It was great to see Robert showing that he's becoming a much better QB and what a problem he can be for a DC

HAIL

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1212
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:23 pm
Location: Pasadena, MD

Re: Don't Fire Shanahan

Postby StorminMormon86 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:59 am

SkinsJock wrote:
StorminMormon86 wrote:Remember when everyone was up in arms with how Shanahan allegedly treated McNabb? Turns out he was the problem, not the Shanahans. I have a fear that he may be right about Griffin/Snyder too.
:shock: can you be clearer? you state that McNabb was the problem and then question that "he" 'might be right' - who is he - Mike?

Shanahan.

08 Champ
Posts: 13209
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Re: Don't Fire Shanahan

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:17 am

Mike may or may not be 'right' about anything - who cares? we all know he's a liar and cannot be trusted

Mike is getting fired or he's leaving - It's really a matter of WHEN not IF …

my money used to be on months … now it's weeks …. maybe days :D
We are very fortunate to have Kirk Cousins, he's a good QB

It was great to see Robert showing that he's becoming a much better QB and what a problem he can be for a DC

HAIL

FanFromAnnapolis
Posts: 11058
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2004 6:01 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Re: Don't Fire Shanahan

Postby Irn-Bru » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:01 pm

Kilmer72 wrote:I don't care what his beef is. Shanahan has given up and is hurting the team even more. He wants to get fired. That's pathetic. Finish the year and act like a man.


The players disagree with you that he's given up. Moss said this after yesterday's game:

“We didn’t play good enough. It ain’t about preparation,” Moss said. “Coach been doing one of the best jobs I’ve ever been around when it comes to coaches. He’s been taking a lot off us. This time of year, you don’t want to be pounding. He’s doing a lot. For him to say that, I appreciate that. But at the end of the day, we’ve got to go out there and play. It’s not about what coach has gone out there and done. He’s doing the right thing by his players. Any player that’s played in this league would want a coach like Coach Shanahan.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Hog
Posts: 2240
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:05 pm
Location: Midland, VA

Re: Don't Fire Shanahan

Postby Kilmer72 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:05 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:
Kilmer72 wrote:I don't care what his beef is. Shanahan has given up and is hurting the team even more. He wants to get fired. That's pathetic. Finish the year and act like a man.


The players disagree with you that he's given up. Moss said this after yesterday's game:

“We didn’t play good enough. It ain’t about preparation,” Moss said. “Coach been doing one of the best jobs I’ve ever been around when it comes to coaches. He’s been taking a lot off us. This time of year, you don’t want to be pounding. He’s doing a lot. For him to say that, I appreciate that. But at the end of the day, we’ve got to go out there and play. It’s not about what coach has gone out there and done. He’s doing the right thing by his players. Any player that’s played in this league would want a coach like Coach Shanahan.


Who is responsible for the leak? Who ever that is gave up.

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1212
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:23 pm
Location: Pasadena, MD

Re: Don't Fire Shanahan

Postby StorminMormon86 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:33 pm

Sounds like Shanahan or someone close to him was the leaker. The theory is that he's trying to save face when he gets fired, so he could either land a job elsewhere or protect his "Hall of Fame" status.

Hog
Posts: 2240
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:05 pm
Location: Midland, VA

Re: Don't Fire Shanahan

Postby Kilmer72 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:46 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:
Kilmer72 wrote:I don't care what his beef is. Shanahan has given up and is hurting the team even more. He wants to get fired. That's pathetic. Finish the year and act like a man.


The players disagree with you that he's given up. Moss said this after yesterday's game:

“We didn’t play good enough. It ain’t about preparation,” Moss said. “Coach been doing one of the best jobs I’ve ever been around when it comes to coaches. He’s been taking a lot off us. This time of year, you don’t want to be pounding. He’s doing a lot. For him to say that, I appreciate that. But at the end of the day, we’ve got to go out there and play. It’s not about what coach has gone out there and done. He’s doing the right thing by his players. Any player that’s played in this league would want a coach like Coach Shanahan.


Moss is the man in the family. That is not right either.

Pushing Paper
Posts: 4595
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2005 2:01 pm

Re: Don't Fire Shanahan

Postby PulpExposure » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:30 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:
Kilmer72 wrote:I don't care what his beef is. Shanahan has given up and is hurting the team even more. He wants to get fired. That's pathetic. Finish the year and act like a man.


The players disagree with you that he's given up. Moss said this after yesterday's game:

“We didn’t play good enough. It ain’t about preparation,” Moss said. “Coach been doing one of the best jobs I’ve ever been around when it comes to coaches. He’s been taking a lot off us. This time of year, you don’t want to be pounding. He’s doing a lot. For him to say that, I appreciate that. But at the end of the day, we’ve got to go out there and play. It’s not about what coach has gone out there and done. He’s doing the right thing by his players. Any player that’s played in this league would want a coach like Coach Shanahan.


I remember the same thing happened with Zorn, fyi. Players coming out and saying it's us, not him, so I'm not sure what those public player endorsements are worth.

For example,
If you want to blame someone, look at the film. Look at the guys who are out there trying to play," cornerback DeAngelo Hall said. "We haven't been doing a great job. Bottom line, we haven't been doing a great job. I think the blame lies with us.

CKRGiii
Posts: 4534
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:56 pm
Location: 505 New Mexico repn

Re: Don't Fire Shanahan

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:42 pm

Players aren't EVER going to publically blame the coach for the mess of the team.. but fact is: the coach is exactly who is to blame when you field a team of incompitant losers every week, or if the team isn't prepared enough, or the if the game plan doesn't work... or what ever.. it all lies on the head coach, he who calls the shots.
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 3211
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:13 pm
Location: Virginia

Re: Don't Fire Shanahan

Postby Burgundy&Wha? » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:07 am

Coaching staffs, good ones at least, need to be able to teach players -- to bring them up. It doesn't appear that this staff has established much of a track record for doing that.

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1212
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:23 pm
Location: Pasadena, MD

Re: Don't Fire Shanahan

Postby StorminMormon86 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:15 am

Burgundy&Wha? wrote:Coaching staffs, good ones at least, need to be able to teach players -- to bring them up. It doesn't appear that this staff has established much of a track record for doing that.

But if the owner interferes and prevents that from happening?

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 3211
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:13 pm
Location: Virginia

Re: Don't Fire Shanahan

Postby Burgundy&Wha? » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:29 am

StorminMormon86 wrote:
Burgundy&Wha? wrote:Coaching staffs, good ones at least, need to be able to teach players -- to bring them up. It doesn't appear that this staff has established much of a track record for doing that.

But if the owner interferes and prevents that from happening?


I'll agree that Little Danny is a worrisome POS, but that doesn't stop the coaches from teaching and instructing their players. Sure, it would be nice if some judge in the area would slap Snyder with a restraining order keeping him 1,000 miles away from the team. Unfortunately, that isn't going to happen. What can happen, though, is in every meeting room, and on the practice field everyday, the position coaches teach and bring along their players. We've not seen much evidence of them successfully doing so. One sign of success in that regard would be players consistently being signed to FA contracts by other teams. It's not too often that a player drafted by this franchise goes on to success elsewhere. We need a staff that can BUILD a team -- not buy one.

08 Champ
Posts: 13209
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Re: Don't Fire Shanahan

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:24 am

I think we're better off staying the course for another season …

I doubt that EITHER Mike or Dan are 'BIG' enough as men OR have enough character to weather this storm that the media is determined to continue to "orchestrate"

I understand those that want him out of here and the why - I just don't think that's best for the franchise or for Robert

I'm OK with Mike not being here and I do not see how he can stay after all that has happened

I also don't think that anything happens until after the season
We are very fortunate to have Kirk Cousins, he's a good QB

It was great to see Robert showing that he's becoming a much better QB and what a problem he can be for a DC

HAIL

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football