Don't Fire Shanahan

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
cleg

Re: Don't Fire Shanahan

Postby cleg » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:36 am

Shanahan is an awful person. He is a liar, an ego-maniac, untrustworthy and only looks out for himself. He is blaming his mistakes on Snyder and the media is running with it. If any of the crap he said was true reporters like John Kiem and the other beat guys would have insinuated the presence of these problems. As it stands this weasel wants out and instead of resigning wants to be fired so that he can keep his money. Look, dealing with a Diva QB is part of his job. I don't care what anyone says - you think Peyton Manning is actually coachable? Tom Brady? Aaron Rogers? No, these guys serve as de-facto offensive coordinators. Their coaches have to check their ego's at the door. Obviously Robert is not in the same class, and may never be, but it is not unreasonable that Dan Snyder would have some kind of relationship with him. Shanahan is gutless and spineless and is creating this situation so he looks like the victim. Just GTFO already. Pull some schlep off the street to coach the last three games - who cares. Fire this SOB, WITH CAUSE, and hold the money. I hope Daniel Snyder uses all the tools at his disposal to screw this guy. My anger is so strong based on the fact that I thought this franchise was headed in the right direction. I thought, even though I never liked Shanny, that he was doing a good job. I did not see because I did not want to see. The immense talent of Robert and the heart of the guys on this team led that run last season - not any genius of Shanahan. Just GTFO.
Drinking the Kool-Aid again...

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:51 am

I agree, and if you really think about the story that was leaked, it makes no sense. Mike cleared out his office before the Seattle game? Really? We're supposed to believe that had we won that game (RGIII doesn't get reinjured), he was going to quit? Or was he going to clean out his office before each susequent game? Or maybe he quits after we win the SB? Please!
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:56 am

cleg - I feel a lot of your frustration - while I don't like Mike I think that he's the best choice for this franchise and for Robert for the short term

Is anyone VERY sure that Dan Snyder will let Bruce Allen (and maybe A.J. Smith) find and recommend the best candidate to be the HC here?

Dan Snyder does not have a clue and I'm very concerned that he will get 'involved' with being a part of the process again

I'm as mad as anyone but this franchise is not in as bad a shape as it seems - EVEN after what we saw against Denver, the 49ers and especially last Sunday

I'm nervous that we'll derail the little progress that we've made and I DO NOT think that Snyder should have anything to do with the players or coaches again
Hail to the Redskins

Hog

Postby gushogs » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:41 am

As said in another topic, Shannahan quit last year, when he should have been fired after his press conference. Now we face the 21st rebuilding year in a row, without a first round pick, an injured franchise QB and a bunch of old guys on the way out.
What a mess
HaiL,
Another year of asking for PATIENCE..., 20 yrs not long enough?????

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:45 am

gushogs wrote:Now we face the 21st rebuilding year in a row, without a first round pick, an injured franchise QB and a bunch of old guys on the way out.

You don't really believe he's still injured, do you? Much less at the start of next year? And, besides Fletcher, Rocca, and maybe Hall, who are these bunch of old guys?

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:54 am

SkinsJock wrote:cleg - I feel a lot of your frustration - while I don't like Mike I think that he's the best choice for this franchise and for Robert for the short term

Is anyone VERY sure that Dan Snyder will let Bruce Allen (and maybe A.J. Smith) find and recommend the best candidate to be the HC here?

Dan Snyder does not have a clue and I'm very concerned that he will get 'involved' with being a part of the process again

I'm as mad as anyone but this franchise is not in as bad a shape as it seems - EVEN after what we saw against Denver, the 49ers and especially last Sunday

I'm nervous that we'll derail the little progress that we've made and I DO NOT think that Snyder should have anything to do with the players or coaches again

I agree with much of this. Especially the fact that Danny will NOT let Allen lead the HC hiring. Snyder -- as he has done consistently -- will lead the process and fail. If Allen doesn't like it, Snyder will show him the door and justify it by telling himself that he gave Allen 3 years (which is nothing considering what he walked into).

I also agree that we're not in as bad a shape as it appears --- however, we are in bad shape. I actually hope that MS starts Cousins. That way, we'll get a better idea of what we have if RGIII's 2015 is like his 2014.

But if MS gets fired (and it appears likely), we'll just go right back into the revolving circle that this franchise has been in since Snyder acquired majority ownership.

People can praise Snyder all they want for the fact he is willing to spend $$$ -- but checkbooks DON'T win championships.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

Hog

Postby gushogs » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:14 pm

Deadskins wrote:
gushogs wrote:Now we face the 21st rebuilding year in a row, without a first round pick, an injured franchise QB and a bunch of old guys on the way out.

You don't really believe he's still injured, do you? Much less at the start of next year? And, besides Fletcher, Rocca, and maybe Hall, who are these bunch of old guys?

If not injured, at least not fully recovered. Not today, obviously not at the start of the season. He is slower and off the mark on passes. Most of his yrds passing are in garbage time. Besides beeing an inch away of getting murdered on the field.

HaiL,
Another year of asking for PATIENCE..., 20 yrs not long enough?????

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:18 pm

Shanahan doesn’t value Allen’s input, some in the organization say, because Allen isn’t considered a strong talent-evaluator. That’s a problem.

Although Campbell and Brown are respected within the NFL, neither could challenge, let alone overrule, Shanahan on roster matters. That’s the way Shanahan wanted it. He came to Washington to run the whole show. But Shanahan’s record with the Redskins is 24-37. Even if you account for the problems created by the two-year salary cap penalty imposed by the league, it is obvious Shanahan needed more help picking players. The Redskins need a better system of checks and balances in that key area.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/re ... story.html

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:43 pm

I disagree with most of that article - why would Shanahan basically tell Snyder to hire Bruce Allen if he did not think he would be someone whose input would help Mike
PLUS - we have heard a number of times that Bruce has helped Mike and that they work well together …

just more BS and 'piling on' from the media :D

ALSO - If there's one very good thing that Mike and Bruce have done here it is to completely upgrade the scouting and FO of this franchise

I'm not saying that Bruce is going to be as effective without Mike's help but I do know one thing - IF Dan Snyder wants to fire Bruce Allen, I hope & PRAY he brings in someone that understands where we are, what the plan is going forward, how to implement that PLUS find a HC that can continue with that plan

Dan Snyder needs to stay away from any player or coach decisions - DAN SNYDER KNOWS NOTHING ABOUT THE NFL GAME
Hail to the Redskins

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:03 pm

gushogs wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

If not injured, at least not fully recovered. Not today, obviously not at the start of the season. He is slower and off the mark on passes. Most of his yrds passing are in garbage time. Besides beeing an inch away of getting murdered on the field.

HaiL,

When his yards came has nothing to do with his knee recovery. Nor does the hits he takes every game. And I disagree about him not being fully recovered at the beginning of the season as well. He may not be back to the form he showed last year, but I don't believe that has anything to do with the healing of his knee. He may never regain the top speed he had, but I wouldn't be surprised if he does. And his throws being off the mark also have nothing to do with his recovery. That's all mechanics/footwork/pressure. Anyway, your point was that we would be starting next season with an injured QB and a bunch of old guys on the way out (you didn't answer that part).

Hail to the Redskins!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:06 pm

SkinsJock wrote:why would Shanahan basically tell Snyder to hire Bruce Allen if he did not think he would be someone whose input would help Mike

Because Allen is more of a contracts GM. Shanny wanted to do the player evaluation, he just needed someone to do the paperwork, not help pick the players.

Hail to the Redskins!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:46 pm

Deadskins wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:why would Shanahan basically tell Snyder to hire Bruce Allen if he did not think he would be someone whose input would help Mike
Because Allen is more of a contracts GM. Shanny wanted to do the player evaluation, he needed someone to do the paperwork, not help pick the players.

OK :D but I don't think that Mike would recommend someone to Snyder that he did not think could be a help to him when he came in - Bruce and Mike as a team and with help from others here have changed the way the Redskins bring in players that suit their plan and the salary cap AND also how the franchise is perceived by others

I understand (as do you) what Bruce Allen is good at - he's the GM that Mike wanted because of that and not because he was recognized as a talent evaluator at the player OR coaching level - he still knows more than Snyder and I'm sure that if he had to locate and bring in a new HC he would have a better idea of which HCs suit what we need than Snyder

I think it would be a mistake to let Bruce go - he's good at what he does - maybe he needs a new title - I would hope that the next HC is 'suggested' to Snyder by guys that know what they're doing - Dan Snyder needs to let that 'process' be handled by others NOT by him - just like the other NFL owners do - those that have a clue anyway
Hail to the Redskins

Hog

Postby riggofan » Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:56 pm

Deadskins wrote:

Because Allen is more of a contracts GM. Shanny wanted to do the player evaluation, he just needed someone to do the paperwork, not help pick the players.

He's done a great job with the contracts!!! Thanks though, you just sort of answered my question about Bruce Allen which was, is he really a guy who can help Snyder make a good coaching hire? Seems like the answer is that he's unproven. Guess we'll see.

A lot of comments on here have been that Snyder is clueless about hiring coaches, etc; I'm not sure I totally agree with that. I'd say Snyder has more experience with hiring coaches than almost any other owner in the league! hah. For pete's sake, if he could just learn SOMETHING from all that experience you would think he'd be able to make a good hire at some point.

piggie

Postby Bishop Hammer » Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:08 pm

I wouldn'treproach Shanahan the coach coming back but The Redskins would be better served with a real GM. Shanahan's record and reputation started downhill when he assumed GM duties. His stint here and post Elway Den run are proof positive.
I don't have to sell my soul,
He's already in me,
I don't need to sell my soul,
He's already in me.
I wanna be adored
I wanna be adored.

Stone Roses
I wanna be adored

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:56 pm

MAYBE I'm a little hard on Dan Snyder but this guy has been the root cause of all our troubles …

He did turn control over to Mike … but … Mike, to me, is not a really good HC - he has done well before coming here but ….

I like the idea of a young coach like a Jay Gruden but I hope we don't go the college route again - that's not the thing to do here
I think the Spurrier experience kills that notion

I just hope that Dan sets up the FO properly first and lets those guys help him decide who best suits here

he's got to keep doing what he's been doing the past few years is all - let the football guys handle this
Hail to the Redskins

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football