Don't Fire Shanahan

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1103
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:23 pm
Location: Pasadena, MD

Re: Don't Fire Shanahan

Postby StorminMormon86 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:02 pm

Seems to me like Shanny wanted Allen because he knew he wouldn't meddle in his business in terms of the player evaluations.

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 4473
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:29 pm
Location: Montclair, Virginia

Re: Don't Fire Shanahan

Postby riggofan » Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:09 pm

SkinsJock wrote:I like the idea of a young coach like a Jay Gruden but I hope we don't go the college route again - that's not the thing to do here I think the Spurrier experience kills that notion


Yeah I hope we don't go the college route. I can see Snyder looking at Philly and thinking, "If they can do it..." We're just not a good organization for a college coach IMO, not a good fit. Need a guy who knows how things work in the NFL, especially how they work well and can come in here and make those things happen. If you have a college guy coming in here, relying on our FO to help him learn those things and make it happen, we're all hosed.

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1103
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:23 pm
Location: Pasadena, MD

Re: Don't Fire Shanahan

Postby StorminMormon86 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:14 pm

I really hope these rumors about Briles are false. That would be the quickest way to alienate the locker room if they hire him.

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 4473
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:29 pm
Location: Montclair, Virginia

Re: Don't Fire Shanahan

Postby riggofan » Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:16 pm

StorminMormon86 wrote:I really hope these rumors about Briles are false. That would be the quickest way to alienate the locker room if they hire him.


I'm with you. Its a cheezy move.

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 15915
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Re: Don't Fire Shanahan

Postby Deadskins » Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:33 pm

StorminMormon86 wrote:I really hope these rumors about Briles are false. That would be the quickest way to alienate the locker room if they hire him.

Me too. Not because I think it would alienate the locker room, but because I think it would be a repeat of the Spurrier fiasco.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 4473
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:29 pm
Location: Montclair, Virginia

Re: Don't Fire Shanahan

Postby riggofan » Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:04 pm

Deadskins wrote:
StorminMormon86 wrote:I really hope these rumors about Briles are false. That would be the quickest way to alienate the locker room if they hire him.

Me too. Not because I think it would alienate the locker room, but because I think it would be a repeat of the Spurrier fiasco.


Even worse it would probably be its own completely new and unique fiasco. A fiasco like you've never even imagined. :D

08 Champ
Posts: 13102
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Re: Don't Fire Shanahan

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:35 pm

I'm getting tired of this - I really had high hopes that we were turning the corner when Dan gave up what he did to bring in Mike …

I never like the way Mike carried himself but then these guys all have huge egos and …. well, he had had some success in Denver

I guess the hiring of his son kind of made me a little nervous but the kid had done a good job in Houston - our offense is not going to require too much
removing the cap and having the FO & scouting guys find some players will be a huge help to the defense and the special teams


Here we are - I am a bit nervous but I think that this will resolve itself and the media will be shown to have blown just about everything WAY out of proportion

Sorry Mike - maybe it's time to bring in some new blood - there are some good players and coaches here

we need to see more passion and maybe the change will bring that out in some of these guys

hail
RG3 needs to learn how to play QB in the NFL so he can take advantage of the weapons he has

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "the things we’re doing are things he’s comfortable with & complement his strengths"

**ch44
Posts: 2366
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:00 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: Don't Fire Shanahan

Postby chiefhog44 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:40 pm

Shannahan is staying next year. Mark my words. He needs to see this crap out, and if he fails he fails. We would get another top draft pick to start over.
Miss you 21

12/17/09 - Ding Dong the Witch is Dead...Which Old Witch? The Wicked Witch.

1/6/10 - The start of a new era

FanFromAnnapolis
Posts: 11008
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2004 6:01 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Re: Don't Fire Shanahan

Postby Irn-Bru » Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:00 pm

riggofan wrote:
Deadskins wrote:
StorminMormon86 wrote:I really hope these rumors about Briles are false. That would be the quickest way to alienate the locker room if they hire him.

Me too. Not because I think it would alienate the locker room, but because I think it would be a repeat of the Spurrier fiasco.


Even worse it would probably be its own completely new and unique fiasco. A fiasco like you've never even imagined. :D


It's sad how probable that outcome is. Am I not going to enjoy watching the Redskins again until 2017? :evil:
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Hog
Posts: 2107
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:05 pm
Location: Midland, VA

Re: Don't Fire Shanahan

Postby Kilmer72 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:36 pm

SkinsJock wrote:I'm getting tired of this - I really had high hopes that we were turning the corner when Dan gave up what he did to bring in Mike …

I never like the way Mike carried himself but then these guys all have huge egos and …. well, he had had some success in Denver

I guess the hiring of his son kind of made me a little nervous but the kid had done a good job in Houston - our offense is not going to require too much
removing the cap and having the FO & scouting guys find some players will be a huge help to the defense and the special teams


Here we are - I am a bit nervous but I think that this will resolve itself and the media will be shown to have blown just about everything WAY out of proportion

Sorry Mike - maybe it's time to bring in some new blood - there are some good players and coaches here

we need to see more passion and maybe the change will bring that out in some of these guys

hail


One thing we can both agree on is most of us wanted Shanahan to succeed. Well at least he wont hurt the team intentionally is what I thought after a while. Man was I wrong. What he did was unforgivable. That leak should have never have happened. Until he is proven innocent all evidence points his way. He wont deny it.

**ch44
Posts: 2366
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:00 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: Don't Fire Shanahan

Postby chiefhog44 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:24 pm

I really think Snyder needs to come out and say, I am doing things differently than in the past. I'm not going to make a coaching change less than 12 months after a division title. I'm not going to make a knee jerk reaction to things that were out of our control this year. We have a QB on this roster that we are very excited for. We have a coaching staff that is tops in the game. I'm sticking with the plan and seeing what happens next year with everything in place as is.

By coming out and saying this, the guy is gonna put Shanny in a corner. He's also gonna be praised IMO by this fan base and get some respect back nationally for being an impulse owner. This is an opportunity for him to redo his past sins, and ultimately, I think this franchise will be better for it. It would elevate him above this circus. I think this is the play
Miss you 21

12/17/09 - Ding Dong the Witch is Dead...Which Old Witch? The Wicked Witch.

1/6/10 - The start of a new era

DarthMonk
Online
Posts: 4258
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:58 pm

Re: Don't Fire Shanahan

Postby DarthMonk » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:43 pm

Is there any traction to this??? :

Shanny was ready to leave and Snyder knew but the strong finish changed minds. Then knee-gate happened. We went from Cloud Nine to Mudville in about 2 hours.

Shanny couldn't leave us in the lurch. Lack of contract extension explained.

:feedback;
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)


Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Hog
Posts: 523
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:25 pm
Location: Clarksburg

Re: Don't Fire Shanahan

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:14 pm

Skinsfan55 wrote:Look, the Redskins are a mess... but let's chalk it up to a lost season and move on.

Bogus cap penalties and injuries killed this team. Can we really blame Shanahan and Haslet for not bringing able to afford any secondary help? How about for injuries to Carriker or Bowen? What about blaming them for the drop off of London Fletcher? Should we blame them for Sleepy Davis falling apart? Can we blame them for lacking the money to upgrade the offensive line?

Fact is, this team has a ton of talent that fits a system. Hitting the reset button means starting over from scratch, teaching RGIII a new system and flipping our current roster. No thanks.


Sure bench your franchise QB all the while your arrogant retarded son is still calling retarded plays. Chris Chester and Tyler Polumbus are the worst lineman in the league and they STILL start. I won't even go there about Special Teams and Defense. But I forgot RGIII plays those positions as well so benching him will fix all the problems. All because RGIII went back to Snyder and told him what pieces of crap Mike and son are, now Mike has a axe to grind! I say CURB the last 3 generations of the Shanahans....Douchebags...... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Hog
Posts: 523
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:25 pm
Location: Clarksburg

Re: Don't Fire Shanahan

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:20 pm

chiefhog44 wrote:I really think Snyder needs to come out and say, I am doing things differently than in the past. I'm not going to make a coaching change less than 12 months after a division title. I'm not going to make a knee jerk reaction to things that were out of our control this year. We have a QB on this roster that we are very excited for. We have a coaching staff that is tops in the game. I'm sticking with the plan and seeing what happens next year with everything in place as is.

By coming out and saying this, the guy is gonna put Shanny in a corner. He's also gonna be praised IMO by this fan base and get some respect back nationally for being an impulse owner. This is an opportunity for him to redo his past sins, and ultimately, I think this franchise will be better for it. It would elevate him above this circus. I think this is the play


Sorry dude your way off. Chester and Polumbus have been beyond terrible and no one has even thought about Gettis, Compton?? Prior to the winning FLUKE last year Shanacrap already packed it in by his statement he made at 3-6 and then the truth coming out about him wanting to leave. This further adds merits to him being nothing without ELWAY!

Get this pretender out of here, his son, Keith Burns, Haslett, Slowick and the rest of this pathetic coaching staff and take about 9-11 players with you starting with Fletcher, Moss, Chester, Polumbus, Wilson, Morgan, Biggers along with any "person" that has the gall to post not to fire Shanahan [-X [-X I swear the human condition depresses me more and more everyday..... :shock: :shock: :shock:

Hog
Posts: 523
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:25 pm
Location: Clarksburg

Re: Don't Fire Shanahan

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:25 pm

[/quote]

One thing we can both agree on is most of us wanted Shanahan to succeed. Well at least he wont hurt the team intentionally is what I thought after a while. Man was I wrong. What he did was unforgivable. That leak should have never have happened. Until he is proven innocent all evidence points his way. He wont deny it.[/quote]

Wanting him to succeed and being stuck with the LARGE PINK elephant in the room are two totally different things. Shanahan was never going to succeed here, main reason he is nothing without Elway and his tenure since Elway retired SCREAMS THAT. Secondly hiring Haslett and your son as the coordinators was the last 2 nails in this coffin. Can someone please just fire this tool, let RGIII come out and tell the truth about how backwards this whole coaching staff is and has been.

I wish Shanahan and son would choke on the BS they both have fed us since coming here...........

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football