Don't Fire Shanahan

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Re: Don't Fire Shanahan

Postby Kilmer72 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:45 pm

DarthMonk wrote:Is there any traction to this??? :

Shanny was ready to leave and Snyder knew but the strong finish changed minds. Then knee-gate happened. We went from Cloud Nine to Mudville in about 2 hours.

Shanny couldn't leave us in the lurch. Lack of contract extension explained.

:feedback;

That is as good as a guess as any. It makes sense. It appears that way at least.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc- ... d-to-quit/

“I’ll just say this. I didn’t know about the office part that Dan Graziano reported over the weekend,” he said. “That was like, ‘Well, I didn’t know that one.’ But I knew how Mike felt about certain things. So that doesn’t surprise me at all. At one point I thought he would do that. But he didn’t and he stayed on. The office part was something I didn’t know about. That kinda caught me.

“I think people know how RGIII feels about Mike,” he said. “And again, we can sugarcoat this all we want. We can dry to dress it up and call it ‘lukewarm.’ The bottom line is, he doesn’t like the coach and I don’t think he wants the coach here. Period. And we talked about this, the little triangle of power here in the organization, there are two guys on one side and one on the other. Two guys will win, one guy’s gonna lose. Although in this case, everybody loses.”

**ch44

Postby chiefhog44 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:02 pm

Shannahan just confirmed that the, quitting in the offseason, rumor is NOT true on 980 if anyone cares. I'm telling you guys, this guy is gonna be back next year. I don't think the players are pissed at Shanny. They realize Robert was not the QB he was last year, realize he was getting too big for his britches, and the team was hurt by the cap. Robert needed to eat some humble pie and ultimately, he needs to get off his high horse. I really think Snyder needs to consider bringing Shanny back with Haslett and Burns replaced. I'm the ONLY fan in the world that feels this way, so whatever, no need to berate me. I don't like who Shannahan is in front of the media. He seems snake like, but I am really wondering if this seasons failure is more to do about how much Robert has elevated himself above the team with his offseason BS diva attitude. The whole documentary really put a sour taste in my mouth. I mean ultimately, if you can't walk the walk you shouldn't talk the talk with all your socks, hair, sleeve, glove, yaddy yaddy. I don't mind it if you're killing it on the field, but otherwise, just shut up.
Miss you 21

12/17/09 - Ding Dong the Witch is Dead...Which Old Witch? The Wicked Witch.

1/6/10 - The start of a new era

Hog

Postby riggofan » Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:44 pm

chiefhog44 wrote:Shannahan just confirmed that the, quitting in the offseason, rumor is NOT true on 980 if anyone cares. I'm telling you guys, this guy is gonna be back next year. I don't think the players are pissed at Shanny. They realize Robert was not the QB he was last year, realize he was getting too big for his britches, and the team was hurt by the cap. Robert needed to eat some humble pie and ultimately, he needs to get off his high horse. I really think Snyder needs to consider bringing Shanny back with Haslett and Burns replaced. I'm the ONLY fan in the world that feels this way, so whatever, no need to berate me. I don't like who Shannahan is in front of the media. He seems snake like, but I am really wondering if this seasons failure is more to do about how much Robert has elevated himself above the team with his offseason BS diva attitude. The whole documentary really put a sour taste in my mouth. I mean ultimately, if you can't walk the walk you shouldn't talk the talk with all your socks, hair, sleeve, glove, yaddy yaddy. I don't mind it if you're killing it on the field, but otherwise, just shut up.

Nobody should berate you, man! Honestly your opinion and the theories you've posed here are as good a guess as any others I've read here. The way things have changed surrounding this story from day to day, its really hard to know what the truth is. There is nothing that would be surprise me at the end of the season.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:47 pm

chiefhog44 wrote:I really think Snyder needs to consider bringing Shanny back with Haslett and Burns replaced. I'm the ONLY fan in the world that feels this way

Not at all. That was the consensus opinion here before this whole poop storm erupted last week.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:01 pm

riggofan wrote:
chiefhog44 wrote:Shannahan just confirmed that the, quitting in the offseason, rumor is NOT true on 980 if anyone cares.
I'm telling you guys, this guy is gonna be back next year. I don't think the players are pissed at Shanny. They realize Robert was not the QB he was last year, realize he was getting too big for his britches, and the team was hurt by the cap. Robert needed to eat some humble pie and ultimately, he needs to get off his high horse. I really think Snyder needs to consider bringing Shanny back with Haslett and Burns replaced. ….
I don't like who Shannahan is in front of the media. He seems snake like, but I am really wondering if this seasons failure is more to do about how much Robert has elevated himself above the team with his offseason BS diva attitude. …
I don't mind it if you're killing it on the field, but otherwise, just shut up.

Nobody should berate you, man! Honestly your opinion and the theories you've posted here are as good a guess as any others I've read here. The way things have changed surrounding this story from day to day, its really hard to know what the truth is. There is nothing that would be surprise me at the end of the season.

I think that many here were recently thinking that the best path might be to bring Mike back … and then the BS started and was not 'managed' very well :shock:
I don't agree that Robert is as bad as some are making out but I do agree that he needs to work a lot harder at being a better QB than he has shown this season
time to man up here …

I don't like Mike as a coach much but IF Mike, Kyle and Robert trust each other, I don't see why we need to make a change at HC or with the management by Mike

Mike does need to come off his high horse a little as well here and do a better job with the personnel he brings in, both coaches and players

IF Dan thinks that Mike and Kyle have a good relationship as far as the coach and QB are concerned - he needs to let him have his last year and see where we are

Mike may not want to stay here with all that's going down but I really think the BS about Dan - RG3 - Mike is just that = BS

the most important thing here is Robert has been benched and he needs to make every effort he can to be as good a QB as he can be
Robert does not seem to have worked as hard as he needs to - he's a lot better than what we've seen recently
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

RG3 will benefit from having a full off season to prepare and a better 'fit' at both HC and OC

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:10 pm

chiefhog44 wrote:Shannahan just confirmed that the, quitting in the offseason, rumor is NOT true on 980 if anyone cares. I'm telling you guys, this guy is gonna be back next year. I don't think the players are pissed at Shanny. They realize Robert was not the QB he was last year, realize he was getting too big for his britches, and the team was hurt by the cap. Robert needed to eat some humble pie and ultimately, he needs to get off his high horse. I really think Snyder needs to consider bringing Shanny back with Haslett and Burns replaced. I'm the ONLY fan in the world that feels this way, so whatever, no need to berate me. I don't like who Shannahan is in front of the media. He seems snake like, but I am really wondering if this seasons failure is more to do about how much Robert has elevated himself above the team with his offseason BS diva attitude. The whole documentary really put a sour taste in my mouth. I mean ultimately, if you can't walk the walk you shouldn't talk the talk with all your socks, hair, sleeve, glove, yaddy yaddy. I don't mind it if you're killing it on the field, but otherwise, just shut up.

He didn't deny the story all week. So now he does right? Sure I believe him. :^o Had he done this Sunday after the game different story.

**ch44

Postby chiefhog44 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:12 pm

Deadskins wrote:
chiefhog44 wrote:I really think Snyder needs to consider bringing Shanny back with Haslett and Burns replaced. I'm the ONLY fan in the world that feels this way

Not at all. That was the consensus opinion here before this whole poop storm erupted last week.

I should have said I'm the only one fan in the world that feels this way STILL... Leave it to the media to crush any hope of stability around here. Shanny needs to be given another year.

I also think Bruce needs to invite Fletcher into his office after the season for a closed door meeting. Fletcher can give him a pulse as to what is really going on around here. How the team feels about Robert, the coaches etc.
Miss you 21

**ch44

Postby chiefhog44 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:20 pm

SkinsJock wrote:
riggofan wrote:
chiefhog44 wrote:Shannahan just confirmed that the, quitting in the offseason, rumor is NOT true on 980 if anyone cares.
I'm telling you guys, this guy is gonna be back next year. I don't think the players are pissed at Shanny. They realize Robert was not the QB he was last year, realize he was getting too big for his britches, and the team was hurt by the cap. Robert needed to eat some humble pie and ultimately, he needs to get off his high horse. I really think Snyder needs to consider bringing Shanny back with Haslett and Burns replaced. ….
I don't like who Shannahan is in front of the media. He seems snake like, but I am really wondering if this seasons failure is more to do about how much Robert has elevated himself above the team with his offseason BS diva attitude. …
I don't mind it if you're killing it on the field, but otherwise, just shut up.

Nobody should berate you, man! Honestly your opinion and the theories you've posted here are as good a guess as any others I've read here. The way things have changed surrounding this story from day to day, its really hard to know what the truth is. There is nothing that would be surprise me at the end of the season.

I think that many here were recently thinking that the best path might be to bring Mike back … and then the BS started and was not 'managed' very well :shock:
I don't agree that Robert is as bad as some are making out but I do agree that he needs to work a lot harder at being a better QB than he has shown this season
time to man up here …

I don't like Mike as a coach much but IF Mike, Kyle and Robert trust each other, I don't see why we need to make a change at HC or with the management by Mike

Mike does need to come off his high horse a little as well here and do a better job with the personnel he brings in, both coaches and players

IF Dan thinks that Mike and Kyle have a good relationship as far as the coach and QB are concerned - he needs to let him have his last year and see where we are

Mike may not want to stay here with all that's going down but I really think the BS about Dan - RG3 - Mike is just that = BS

the most important thing here is Robert has been benched and he needs to make every effort he can to be as good a QB as he can be
Robert does not seem to have worked as hard as he needs to - he's a lot better than what we've seen recently

Agree, everyone is in a pissing match, and it's going to take Robert, Mike and Dan to have a little flexibility. IF that happens, this year could be the best thing we could have ever hoped for. A little medicine for a diva player, a little medicine for a control freak egomaniac coach, and a little reminder to stay away from the team for a meddling owner.

Otherwise, I worry about Jason Cambell syndrome by changing offensive schemes every two years on a rookie QB.
Miss you 21

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:40 pm

I agree - everyone that we have here, owner, HC, GM and Robert … ALL need to be honest with themselves (not with us) and own up to their BIG mistakes this past year

we can all come out of this stronger IMO if ALL these guys learn from this BS and move forward … despite the dire projections from the media

RG3 will benefit from having a full off season to prepare and a better 'fit' at both HC and OC

-----------

Postby Smithian » Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:26 pm

This thread

3-10, 24-37 overall record, countless blown leads, coming off a 45-10 whipping, but if we just give him one more year!!!

But then next year they won't have a young first round pick. He'll need to have an extra year for the first round pick to get added. But then he'll be young. He'll need longer.

Goodness, when can we expect results? Or are some of you so beat down as fans that 3-10 and 35 point losses at home are acceptable and that "culture" is prevailing?
"I said when he retired that Joe Gibbs was the best coach I'd ever faced." - Bill Parcells

Hog

Postby aswas71788 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:02 pm

There is no question that Shanahan came into a mess. In the first couple years, he seemed to have taken care of it but now it looks like his selections have degenerated back into the same mess. The O-line has always been a mess, even with the success of last year. The defense is and has been a mess giving up points at a phenomenal rate. The offense can't score. I took a wait and see attitude with Shanahan and what I see now is more embarrassing that when Spurrier was here. Shanahan has had four years and is right back where he started. As for Joe Gibbs, Gibbs II was a total failure, why opt for Gibbs III. IMO. bringing Shanahan back for another year is just wasting time. Fire Shanahan and this time, find an up and coming young coach instead of an over-the-hill has been who has a glamorous resume.

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:21 pm

Smithian wrote:This thread

I've seen this one. They are being disciplined but an unfeeling being. Sound familiar?

ROTFALMAO
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:07 am

looks like a reasonable response to all that is happening :roll:

or

maybe a little over the top …. :lol:

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:38 am

aswas71788 wrote:Gibbs II was a total failure

Two playoff appearances in four years with one playoff win is total failure?
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:48 am

While I don't see any way (after all of this BS popped up) how Shanahan will be here next year, I agree with everything you said. I think Shanny wants to return next year, and I don't believe the nonsense that he's trying to get fired. I do think he's tired with Griffin, and Griffin is tired with the Shanahans.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football