Offensive Line

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
+++++++++

Offensive Line

Postby Skinsfan55 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:00 am

I see a lot of misplaced hate about the offensive line around here, and I wanted to set a few things straight. For those who may not be aware, Pro Football Focus is an amazing resource for grading NFL players. They aren't scouts who grade technique but they watch every single play and they give a player a grade on that snap. Doing your job (making routine plays) is considered average (for a score of zero) but doing something extraordinary could be worth 2 points. Anyway:

LT Trent Williams- The guy is absolutely on another level. PFF grades him as the best LT in the league this season. 4 net panalties (5 total, 1 declined/offsetting). He's a monster, but we already knew that. Moving on.

LG Kory Lichtensteiger- Actually began the season by playing well, but so far he's graded out at around average. He's had 4 straight games where he's been ineffective. He's a candidate for replacement in 2014. The Skins might be looking for a bigger LG.

C Will Montgomery- Definitely above average. Rarely, if ever, has a poor game. Almost always solid. He's great and a key part of the rushing attack. Chris Cooley recently said that he felt Montgomery was easily confused and made poor reads as a center. Maybe Cooley is full of it, but Monty would be just as good as a guard, so maybe he moves if his reads are indeed an issue.

RG Chris Chester- What happened to this dude? He's not been good this year at all. Then again, really poor games at Detroit, Dallas and Minnesota have dragged his ratings down. Last season he was a stud, but in 2011 he was kind of a bust. Hard to get a read on him. We'll have to see if Allen and company think he can bounce back.

RT Tyler Polumbus- The meatheads might be shocked by this, but Polumbus has had an excellent season. He's been EASILY our second best lineman and I would be furious if he's let go this offseason. He's been flagged for a single penalty and given up a single sack. In my opinion he's finally comfortable in the system and has grown as a player. He easily fended off Pashos and Trueblood this offseason and he's been an elite RT. PFF has him as the 3rd best RT in the NFL.

The line is actually a position of strength for Washington, and should continue to be so into 2014. Let's place blame where it ought to be placed, the D. Injuries and a lack of money to fix the secondary killed this defense.
"Guess [Ryan Kerrigan] really does have a good motor. And is relentless. And never quits on a play. And just keeps coming. And probably eats Wheaties and drinks Apple Pie smoothies and shaves with Valvoline." -Dan Steinberg DC Sports Bog

CKRGiii

Re: Offensive Line

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:46 pm

Did you see this line play this year??
Maybe, just maybe, they deserve these grades and nice words for the first quarters of games... But seriously this line gets blown the f up after half. Tuck made the whole bunch of em look like high school kids! We cant be high on the blown blocks list AND have a great line.
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

JSPB22

Re: Offensive Line

Postby Deadskins » Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:12 pm

Skinsfan55 wrote:Polumbus has had an excellent season. He's been EASILY our second best lineman and I would be furious if he's let go this offseason. He's been flagged for a single penalty and given up a single sack.

Whoa, whoa, whoa there. There's no way that's right. He's given up more than one in the last couple of games, much less all season.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football