Owner-QB link disillusioned coach

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Re: Owner-QB link disillusioned coach

Postby riggofan » Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:01 pm

Wow. Look who is on the radar for the Texans:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jas ... xans-radar

Coincidence?

Hog

Postby riggofan » Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:04 pm

From PFT:

Regardless of how the dots connect as to the latest report out of Washington, here’s how the dots connect going forward. Snyder is going to fire Shanahan. We wouldn’t be surprised if it happens later today, if the Redskins lose to the Chiefs.

Really, what else is Snyder going to do? He’s been openly disrespected. If that was enough to prompt Joe Pesci to riddle Spider with bullets, it’s enough to get Snyder to fire Shanahan.

At a minimum, it’s enough to get Snyder to angrily demand answers as to how in the hell this got reported, setting the stage for a showdown between a pair of strong-willed, wealthy men.

And here’s where it could get even more interesting. Snyder could try to fire Shanahan with cause, stiffing Shanahan out of his $7 million for 2014. It wouldn’t be the first time Shanahan was blocked from a buyout, and if Snyder can prove that Shanahan was involved in leaking the story, maybe Snyder can convince the Commissioner to side with the Redskins.

Regardless, it’s now clear that Shanahan wants out. And if this maneuver doesn’t work, maybe he should spill strawberry sauce all over Sammy Baugh’s uniform and/or drag the three Lombardi Trophies around the parking lot by the bumper of Shanahan’s car.

Hog

Postby riggofan » Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:05 pm

hanburgerheel wrote:All of you people crying about the owner being the problem need to just go ahead and stop watching the team, posting on here, and anything else to do with the Redskins. The owner is here to stay. The coach is an option. Period.

How many coaches does he have to go through? I have no idea. I see that this choice he made in 2010 is crap. So, I guess it will take at least one more choice. This is simple. If you're that upset about the owner, then go and pull for another team because he's not going anywhere for a few more decades at least.

This is a dum*** argument. The fact that we have a crap argument doesn't mean we should all support the revolving door of coaches. We don't just have a stupid owner, we have an abundance of stupid "fans".

Hog

Postby hanburgerheel » Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:06 pm

riggofan wrote:
hanburgerheel wrote:All of you people crying about the owner being the problem need to just go ahead and stop watching the team, posting on here, and anything else to do with the Redskins. The owner is here to stay. The coach is an option. Period.

How many coaches does he have to go through? I have no idea. I see that this choice he made in 2010 is crap. So, I guess it will take at least one more choice. This is simple. If you're that upset about the owner, then go and pull for another team because he's not going anywhere for a few more decades at least.

Thanks mr. 70 posts.

Yeah, my post-count makes my post less valid...to YOU. You geniuses who measure facts and wisdom by how often someone has been parked on this website sharing their ideas are hilarious. Any other fool-proof measures? Like, maybe how many letters are in my name?

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:51 pm

From what I remember last year, Shanahan was about to give up before the win streak. He said something like he was going to evaluate players and see who will be here next year. Fletcher was ticked off. So were some other Redskins. The Skins started winning despite Shanahan. If he was really planning on leaving Shanahan did act like it if he was planning for next year. I think Shanahan figured out he had lost the locker room then.

So how much blame does Snyder deserve?

Hog

Postby riggofan » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:09 pm

hanburgerheel wrote:Yeah, my post-count makes my post less valid...to YOU. You geniuses who measure facts and wisdom by how often someone has been parked on this website sharing their ideas are hilarious. Any other fool-proof measures? Like, maybe how many letters are in my name?

Your comment that fans on here who obsess over the Redskins and have been discussing the team on here for years should just stop following the Redskins is irritating. I could give two s how many posts you have made.

Hog

Postby hanburgerheel » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:13 pm

riggofan wrote:
hanburgerheel wrote:Yeah, my post-count makes my post less valid...to YOU. You geniuses who measure facts and wisdom by how often someone has been parked on this website sharing their ideas are hilarious. Any other fool-proof measures? Like, maybe how many letters are in my name?

Your comment that fans on here who obsess over the Redskins and have been discussing the team on here for years should just stop following the Redskins is irritating. I could give two s how many posts you have made.

Debating the owner is a waste of time. The owner is stuck there. That's like arguing about the weather.

You could give two sh*ts? How many more than two? 4? 6?

Hog

Postby SKINS#1 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:23 pm

I think Bruce Allen was on board before Shanny and must have been involved in bringing him to the Redskins. Don't think this is all on the owner.

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:37 pm

“It’s not the right time or place to talk about my relationship with Dan Snyder,” Shanahan told reporters after Sunday’s embarrassing loss to the Chiefs. “Or it’s not the right time or place to talk about something that happened a year ago.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... pn-report/

Hog

Postby grampi » Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:44 pm

Worst thing about all of this, whose gonna be willing to become the HC, who would also be worth having as a HC?

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:52 pm

Are we gonna switch HC w the Texans? Kubiac here Shanny there? Kyle might be safe if so..
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby hanburgerheel » Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:57 pm

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:Are we gonna switch HC w the Texans? Kubiac here Shanny there? Kyle might be safe if so..

Kubiack's record for the last two years is 10-6 & 12-4

Not too bad.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:01 pm

riggofan wrote: … When leaks like this start to happen, this is somebody positioning themselves. Possibly also Shanahan trying to force Snyder's hand into firing him.

I don't think the truth of the story is really as important as the fact that this story is coming out now at all.
Its also not some random blogger speculating. This is coming through ESPN. This makes me think its a lot more likely that Mike is gone.

one of the announcers today brought up this 'report' - he confirmed with a very reliable source that this 'story' from the end of last season was in fact NOT TRUE

however - as riggofan points out - it does not matter that this false report is now out there .. what's important, I agree, is that someone is 'positioning' themselves

this could get very interesting and is not a good thing for this franchise, even for fans like me that do not like Mike as HC
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL

Currently 50-41

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:04 pm

SKINS#1 wrote:I think Bruce Allen was on board before Shanny and must have been involved in bringing him to the Redskins. Don't think this is all on the owner.

we all know that Bruce Allen was hired by Dan Snyder BECAUSE Mike Shanahan recommended him
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL

Currently 50-41

Hog

Postby Hooligan » Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:11 pm

How about this: We give them both Shanahans in exchange for Wade Phillips, and sign Kubiak as HC.
"Even a stopped clock is right twice a day."

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football