Owner-QB link disillusioned coach

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog
User avatar
Posts: 415
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2004 9:29 am
Location: Fredericksburg, Va

Re: Owner-QB link disillusioned coach

Postby SKINS#1 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:31 pm

SkinsJock wrote:
SKINS#1 wrote:I think Bruce Allen was on board before Shanny and must have been involved in bringing him to the Redskins. Don't think this is all on the owner.

we all know that Bruce Allen was hired by Dan Snyder BECAUSE Mike Shanahan recommended him


I just did some checking and BA was hired before Shanny. Also, read BA may have been the driving force in drafting RG3 over Shanny objection. Not sure I believe this but the next few months will be interesting.

the 'mudge
Posts: 14642
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:15 pm
Location: Curmudgeon Corner, Maine

Re: Owner-QB link disillusioned coach

Postby Countertrey » Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:35 pm

SKINS#1 wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:
SKINS#1 wrote:I think Bruce Allen was on board before Shanny and must have been involved in bringing him to the Redskins. Don't think this is all on the owner.

we all know that Bruce Allen was hired by Dan Snyder BECAUSE Mike Shanahan recommended him


I just did some checking and BA was hired before Shanny. Also, read BA may have been the driving force in drafting RG3 over Shanny objection. Not sure I believe this but the next few months will be interesting.


No. I was the driving force behind the drafting of RG3... just ask anyone here... :wink:
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog
Posts: 2392
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:05 pm
Location: Midland, VA

Re: Owner-QB link disillusioned coach

Postby Kilmer72 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:43 pm

http://streema.com/radios/play/12496

For those that need that link.

Skins History Buff
Posts: 4874
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2004 5:36 pm
Location: New York, NY

Re: Owner-QB link disillusioned coach

Postby welch » Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:51 pm

I thought I was forced CT to lead the drive to trade for and to draft RGIII. I'm older and I'm grumpy when the Redskins lose.

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 3319
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:13 pm
Location: Virginia

Re: Owner-QB link disillusioned coach

Postby Burgundy&Wha? » Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:05 pm

Countertrey wrote:
No. I was the driving force behind the drafting of RG3... just ask anyone here... :wink:


If that were on you, Vinny, you would have kicked in an additional second round pick. :wink:

08 Champ
Posts: 13411
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Re: Owner-QB link disillusioned coach

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:16 pm

SKINS#1 wrote:I think Bruce Allen was on board before Shanny and must have been involved in bringing him to the Redskins. Don't think this is all on the owner.

we all know that Bruce Allen WAS hired by Dan Snyder BECAUSE Mike Shanahan recommended him :D

SKINS#1 wrote:I just did some checking and BA was hired before Shanny.
Also, read BA may have been the driving force in drafting RG3 over Shanny objection. Not sure I believe this but the next few months will be interesting.


2 things for you …. and your feelings are correct - BOTH Bruce and Mike wanted to bring in Robert

Mike was out of coaching and basically told Dan Snyder that he (Snyder) needed a GM and that he (Mike) would like to work with Bruce Allen in DC …
it was clear to most of us that Dan hired Bruce Allen as he wanted to bring in Mike to work with Bruce in the FO AND be the HC - with complete CONTROL

there is little doubt that Jeff Fisher/Rams made the trade with Washington instead of the "better" deal from the Browns because he liked Mike
Mike must have wanted RG3 or he would not have helped Bruce make the deal with the Rams
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL


Currently 50-41

FanFromAnnapolis
Posts: 11080
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2004 6:01 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Re: Owner-QB link disillusioned coach

Postby Irn-Bru » Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:47 pm

Wow, this situation devolved very quickly.

It's over. It's done.

The only question now is how Snyder is going to proceed. I doubt he's going to be able to attract a legitimate head coaching candidate, because if he's made one thing clear through 14 years of ownership and 7 head coaches, including a HoFer and another who will be considered for the HoF, it's that the job here is hell.

I am very afraid that we are going to end up with a splash that Snyder hopes will save face. Someone with a proven track record elsewhere but who won't be allowed to actually clean house here and run things according to his style. Gruden is a real possibility. Another splashy college coach is also an option.

No matter who he picks, it's not going to work, though.

We have one problem with this organization. All other problems stem from a single root cause.

It's the one thing — the only thing — that has not changed since Snyder took ownership.

I am not optimistic that the next step will be positive. We had a real chance at that with Shanahan and blew it. I had real hopes that Snyder had learned his lessons, and that it was really Vinny who was to blame for our dysfunction. But I am now convinced I was wrong.

Today is my lowest moment as a Redskins fan that I can remember, because it brings back all of the issues I thought were going or gone years ago. I'm worried they will all come rushing back like they've only been gone for a week.

I've never seen a team beat so badly in a game. I've never seen a personnel situation with so much potential fall apart so pathetically.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 16165
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Re: Owner-QB link disillusioned coach

Postby Deadskins » Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:57 pm

[-o< Please Danny, wait until the end of the season before making any coaching changes. If you fire Shanny now, you may as well slit your own wrists, because there is no way another coach worth anything would ever come here.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

FanFromAnnapolis
Posts: 11080
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2004 6:01 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Re: Owner-QB link disillusioned coach

Postby Irn-Bru » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:00 pm

Deadskins wrote:[-o< Please Danny, wait until the end of the season before making any coaching changes. If you fire Shanny now, you may as well slit your own wrists, because there is no way another coach worth anything would ever come here.

I'm not so sure that waiting until the end of the season would make a difference. The past 48 hours have basically revealed that Snyder hasn't really changed. There isn't another owner in the league who head coaches have this many problems with this consistently. A senile Al Davis (RIP) and Jerry Jones are about the only ones who can compete.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

08 Champ
Posts: 13411
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Re: Owner-QB link disillusioned coach

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:08 pm

Countertrey wrote:
SKINS#1 wrote: … Also, read BA may have been the driving force in drafting RG3 over Shanny objection. Not sure I believe this but the next few months will be interesting.


No. I was the driving force behind the drafting of RG3... just ask anyone here... :wink:


now THAT'S the truth - :lol:
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL


Currently 50-41

08 Champ
Posts: 13411
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Re: Owner-QB link disillusioned coach

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:15 pm

Deadskins wrote:[-o< Please Danny, wait until the end of the season before making any coaching changes. If you fire Shanny now, you may as well slit your own wrists, because there is no way another coach worth anything would ever come here.


I'm sure I'm not the only one that agrees with you but we all know that Dan Snyder is as conniving and scheming as anyone and his ego will not let him STOP

this is a potential nightmare and will set everything and everyone back to making the Redskins the laughingstock of the NFL again

the media will have a feeding frenzy and help exacerbate this situation if they can - this is 'heaven' for them
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL


Currently 50-41

goskins
Posts: 659
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 3:55 pm
Location: Hampden-Sydney, VA

Re: Owner-QB link disillusioned coach

Postby GoSkins » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:34 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:Wow, this situation devolved very quickly.

It's over. It's done.

The only question now is how Snyder is going to proceed. I doubt he's going to be able to attract a legitimate head coaching candidate, because if he's made one thing clear through 14 years of ownership and 7 head coaches, including a HoFer and another who will be considered for the HoF, it's that the job here is hell.

I am very afraid that we are going to end up with a splash that Snyder hopes will save face. Someone with a proven track record elsewhere but who won't be allowed to actually clean house here and run things according to his style. Gruden is a real possibility. Another splashy college coach is also an option.

No matter who he picks, it's not going to work, though.

We have one problem with this organization. All other problems stem from a single root cause.

It's the one thing — the only thing — that has not changed since Snyder took ownership

I am not optimistic that the next step will be positive. We had a real chance at that with Shanahan and blew it. I had real hopes that Snyder had learned his lessons, and that it was really Vinny who was to blame for our dysfunction. But I am now convinced I was wrong.

Today is my lowest moment as a Redskins fan that I can remember, because it brings back all of the issues I thought were going or gone years ago. I'm worried they will all come rushing back like they've only been gone for a week.

I've never seen a team beat so badly in a game. I've never seen a personnel situation with so much potential fall apart so pathetically.



Ditto. Snyder has been and will be the problem. The only way he changes his behavior (I doubt he'll ever change the way he thinks) is if the fans "abandon" this franchise. Don't go to games, don't buy tickets, don't buy merchandise. If there is one thing Snyder does care about is money. Make him feel the pain of no shows and no merchandise sales.

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 760
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:29 pm
Location: Washington, DC

Re: Owner-QB link disillusioned coach

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:31 pm

GoSkins wrote:
Irn-Bru wrote:Wow, this situation devolved very quickly.

It's over. It's done.

The only question now is how Snyder is going to proceed. I doubt he's going to be able to attract a legitimate head coaching candidate, because if he's made one thing clear through 14 years of ownership and 7 head coaches, including a HoFer and another who will be considered for the HoF, it's that the job here is hell.

I am very afraid that we are going to end up with a splash that Snyder hopes will save face. Someone with a proven track record elsewhere but who won't be allowed to actually clean house here and run things according to his style. Gruden is a real possibility. Another splashy college coach is also an option.

No matter who he picks, it's not going to work, though.

We have one problem with this organization. All other problems stem from a single root cause.

It's the one thing — the only thing — that has not changed since Snyder took ownership

I am not optimistic that the next step will be positive. We had a real chance at that with Shanahan and blew it. I had real hopes that Snyder had learned his lessons, and that it was really Vinny who was to blame for our dysfunction. But I am now convinced I was wrong.

Today is my lowest moment as a Redskins fan that I can remember, because it brings back all of the issues I thought were going or gone years ago. I'm worried they will all come rushing back like they've only been gone for a week.

I've never seen a team beat so badly in a game. I've never seen a personnel situation with so much potential fall apart so pathetically.


So now there's spreading the boycott news.

I really don't understand why Snyder just doesn't sell the team. He's made plenty of money here; hand the keys to someone who knows how to run this organization.

That said, who would want to buy this franchise? Its a train wreck. Name controversy, a QB with a media bullseye on his back, players going back and forth with the media. Same goes for coaching here...who would want to with all that's going on?

I won't have peace with this team until Snyder is not the owner anymore.

Ditto. Snyder has been and will be the problem. The only way he changes his behavior (I doubt he'll ever change the way he thinks) is if the fans "abandon" this franchise. Don't go to games, don't buy tickets, don't buy merchandise. If there is one thing Snyder does care about is money. Make him feel the pain of no shows and no merchandise sales.

FanFromAnnapolis
Posts: 11080
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2004 6:01 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Re: Owner-QB link disillusioned coach

Postby Irn-Bru » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:42 pm

It's one of the top 10 most valuable sports franchises in the world. Hugely profitable. If Snyder wanted to sell, he'd have a buyer.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 760
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:29 pm
Location: Washington, DC

Re: Owner-QB link disillusioned coach

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:19 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:It's one of the top 10 most valuable sports franchises in the world. Hugely profitable. If Snyder wanted to sell, he'd have a buyer.


Let's hope if that does happen we don't get stuck with a Snyder 2.0. Can you imagine missing Snyder? ..........

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football