Keith Burns Special Teams coach

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
||||||

Keith Burns Special Teams coach

Postby EA7649 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:29 pm

NEEDS TO BE FIRED ASAP. WOW

---

Re: Keith Burns Special Teams coach

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:30 pm

I agree. I'd be shocked if it doesn't happen.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

||||||

Postby EA7649 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:34 pm

He's not even good enough for high school!

Hog

Postby riggofan » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:11 pm

I know jack about Keith Burns and I could care less if he is fired or not, but seriously? How about putting some blame on these idiots on the field who clearly have given up and can't be bothered to make a tackle.

People watching this debacle right now popping up here to complain about the coaches... I mean WTF????

||||||

Postby EA7649 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:28 pm

riggofan wrote:I know jack about Keith Burns and I could care less if he is fired or not, but seriously? How about putting some blame on these idiots on the field who clearly have given up and can't be bothered to make a tackle.

People watching this debacle right now popping up here to complain about the coaches... I mean WTF????

Thats true. But the thing is its not just today. Its been all season dude!

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:36 pm

My instinct tells me that the ST players ought to go. Ever since ("Crazy") George Allen emphasized special teams, around 1971, the NFL has studied ST play. Should be no secrets, no surprises. But "doing"? That's on the players.

Maybe this is a result of the cap reduction? What did Colingsworth say? $36 amounts to six good players?

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:41 pm

welch wrote:My instinct tells me that the ST players ought to go. Ever since ("Crazy") George Allen emphasized special teams, around 1971, the NFL has studied ST play. Should be no secrets, no surprises. But "doing"? That's on the players.

Maybe this is a result of the cap reduction? What did Colingsworth say? $36 amounts to six good players?
Ordinarily, I'd agree with you, bro... but an effort this pathetic requires scheming... This is on Burns...
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:51 pm

It starts at the top.. yes the players need to be held accountable but for continued poor play management isn't doing their job.
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:54 pm

The guy in charge of all that goes on the field is the HC but the only coordinator that ABSOLUTELY has to go is Ken Burns …

The play on the field today was scary for me in that I hope that Snyder does not over react to this
When you're dead you don't know you're dead, it's only difficult for others.
It's kind of the same as when you're stupid!

memo to Dan Snyder: Let the football people just do their jobs - you need to manage your own mess

Hog

Postby fredp45 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:00 pm

When running a section, branch, division, organization, team, etc... and things are NOT going well, everyone needs to know the guy in charge (in this case, Shanahan) is holding folks accountable. Our Special Teams have been worse than bad all season, Mike should have dealt with ST a long time ago, by firing Burns. Find someone else, and whomever that is couldn't do any worse.

And....NO one should say Snyder is at fault for that. Snyder gave Mike full control over coaches and players. Snyder could care less who Mike had coaching Special Teams, or playing special teams. We lost Crawford before the season, Mike had the whole year to find a KR/PR on waivers (e.g., Cribbs, heck, get Brandon Banks back) but he did NOTHING. He put a slow WR and TE back there and neither did anything all year! We have not done anything I can think of in 13 games on Special Teams that was worth talking about...

The man in charge has NOT held folks accountable. Burns should have been fired a long time ago, now the entire coaching staff will be shown the door, and deservedly so!

Postby redskin1018 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:09 pm

fredp45 wrote:Our Special Teams have been worse than bad all season, Mike should have dealt with ST a long time ago, by firing Burns.

Snyder gave Mike full control over coaches and players.

...Mike had the whole year to find a KR/PR on waivers (e.g., Cribbs, heck, get Brandon Banks back) but he did NOTHING. He put a slow WR and TE back there and neither did anything all year! We have not done anything I can think of in 13 games on Special Teams that was worth talking about...

The man in charge has NOT held folks accountable. Burns should have been fired a long time ago, now the entire coaching staff will be shown the door, and deservedly so!

All of that. Snyder isn't the problem here. He put people in charge that he trusted to run a football organization. And while the schemes they installed have been good, the execution has been downright awful of late. Burns has not been held accountable for any of the special team play this season. That shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone who's seen the performance of Jim Haslett's defenses over the last four seasons.

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:38 pm

+2!
2 solid posts in a row! That's hard as of late to come by lmao

Thank you for understanding the business and how accountability takes place. Shanny isnt even trying to fight for his position and THAT'S why he is gone. I don't fire people who don't do well, I set goals and coach them. I DO fire people who don't try to achieve those goals by giving their all... and people like mike who utterly give up- they are shown the door right then and there.
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:51 pm

:lol: thank God that some of you have nothing to do with this franchise - NOTHING :lol:

have any of you read the post that riggofan (I think) posted - it was Cooley's thought about the HC, OC and DC - you all would be VERY surprised

IMO - Cooley knows a little more than any of you - not much perhaps, but certainly a little more

and his thoughts and opinions are from 'close up & personal' :lol:

memo to Dan Snyder: Let the football people just do their jobs - you need to manage your own mess

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:59 pm

SkinsJock wrote::lol: thank God that some of you have nothing to do with this franchise - NOTHING :lol:

have any of you read the post that riggofan (I think) posted - it was Cooley's thought about the HC, OC and DC - you all would be VERY surprised

IMO - Cooley knows a little more than any of you - not much perhaps, but certainly a little more

and his thoughts and opinions are from 'close up & personal' :lol:

Likewise! Fans don't make coaches Ur right!
Lmmfao Ur to much... Trying to protect the image of your dear Shanny boy... He has abandoned our team brah, what don't you get?!
Reference a post... Why not post it?! I didn't hear a single word of kindness from Cooley, sonny or any of the gang today so idk wtf Ur talkin bout. WE are talking about piss poor coordinators not being held accountable by the man that ultimately is. Time to face the music is all. It's really not all that complicated SJ, read slower my Dawg!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:37 am

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:
SkinsJock wrote::lol: thank God that some of you have nothing to do with this franchise - NOTHING

Did any of you read what Chris Co0ley thought about the HC, OC and DC - you all would be VERY surprised - IMO - Co0ley knows a little more than any of you - not much perhaps, but certainly a little more and his thoughts and opinions are from 'close up & personal'

Likewise! Fans don't make coaches U r right!
Lmmfao - U r to much... Trying to protect the image of your dear Shanny boy... He has abandoned our team brah, what don't you get?!
Reference a post... Why not post it?! I didn't hear a single word of kindness from Co0ley, sonny or any of the gang today so idk wtf Ur talkin bout. WE are talking about piss poor coordinators not being held accountable by the man that ultimately is. Time to face the music is all. It's really not all that complicated SJ, read slower my Dawg!

my understanding on this is clear to me - I have never been a fan of Mike or Kyle as coaches and I hope that they are not here soon

where do YOU get the idea I'm "trying to protect the image of your dear Shanny boy"? HUH- get with it

with all this BS it might be time for them to leave - this is NOT a good thing as Mike and Bruce have done a good job with the FO and scouting staff

I DO NOT WANT Snyder involved with anything to do with the players - ANYTHING

Snyder needs to leave ALL that stuff to Bruce and whomever the HC is - HOPEFULLY not another college coach although what good NFL coach would come here

btw - here is John Keim's article - please try and explain how Chris cooley can give this interview and then go on the air and refute it - I'll be looking for that :lol:

http://espn.go.com/blog/washington-reds ... -shanahans

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football