Interim Coaching Staff?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Re: Interim Coaching Staff?

Postby riggofan » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:54 pm

SkinsJock wrote:
StorminMormon86 wrote: And Gruden brought up a great point, if they bring in a guy who doesn't do the read option college style offense and Griffin has trouble adapting to it, the guy could switch to Cousins. It's a legitimate point.

it's really not a legitimate point - we are NOT running the read option this season - Kyle has been trying to get Robert to 'adapt' and that is an ongoing process it's very clear to most of us that Robert is the best choice to be the QB here and for years to come

Yeah I'm not really buying that argument. Like SJ said, we're not running the read option. I don't think we drafted RGIII to run the read option to begin with. They just sort of morphed into that because the o-line was so bad, it gave him a chance. He's a good QB. He's either going to continue to get better or he's not.

Not to mention, Snyder isn't going to hire somebody who doesn't want to work with RGIII.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:08 pm

It is critical to Robert's development as a better all around QB that he gets a lot of quality help this coming off season

I'm listening to Mike's presser right now and it does sound like he's planning on being here for this week

I guess a lot of fans here WHO HAVE NO CLUE are going to be VERY upset that Mike will still be the HC this week :D

I LOVE THAT
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "He has the ability and the desire, he just has to do it.”

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:10 pm

SkinsJock wrote:It is critical to Robert's development as a better all around QB that he gets a lot of quality help this coming off season

I'm listening to Mike's presser right now and it does sound like he's planning on being here for this week

I guess a lot of fans here WHO HAVE NO CLUE are going to be VERY upset that Mike will still be the HC this week :D

I LOVE THAT

Whos going to be upset? I expect that from our coach and all the way to the end of the season to boot.

Hog

Postby RayNAustin » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:20 pm

SkinsJock wrote:I cannot understand WHY anyone with any sense wants Snyder to make any decisions here - SNYDER KNOWS NOTHING

IF IN FACT Mike wants to leave here then he should do that but that leaves Bruce to make the decisions NOT Snyder

Snyder will VERY QUICKLY put us in the hole again - SNYDER KNOWS NOTHING
?
ESPECIALLY - WHO SHOULD PLAY OR COACH THIS FRANCHISE

Give it a rest already ... ok ... you think Snyder is stupid ... forgetting that stupid people rarey beome Billionaires, especially by the age of 40.

But just how much deeper of a hole can you get into than 3-10, and being a shmeful embarassment that makes Zorn look like s better option

That's what the Titanic did ... stay the course, full speed ahead! We know how thst turned out, don't we ?

The truth is, this team has quit. We have been hearing rumbling from players for weeks now ... Moss, Garcon ... RG3, and we haven't seen improvement ... it's going in the wrong direction.

As for RG3 ... his numbers on Sunday ... 12 for 26, 130 yards, 1 td, 1 int are Tim Tebow numbers ... is it really Robert, or is it the base offense (minus Robert and Alfred runnin for 200 yards)? Remember .... McNabb? Grossman and Beck ? They couldn't make this offense click either. Only Robert was able to last year, and it wasn't the base offense that worked so well ... it was the read option that worked, executed by a kid with freakish spead and agility. That opened everything else up.

Take last year out of the picture, and what we see this year is a lot like what we saw in years 1&2.

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:26 pm

riggofan wrote:Not to mention, Snyder isn't going to hire somebody who doesn't want to work with RGIII.

Fair enough. Gruden just said if you bring in a guy who sees something he likes in Cousins, it would bring in the inevitable QB controversy.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:31 pm

:D I'm not a fan of Mike as the HC of the Redskins but I am glad that it looks like he will be staying and I would not mind seeing him here for another year

I do not see bringing in another HC as being best for this franchise - we need, and the players need, Mike and Bruce to continue what they've started

many of the players have indicated that they want Mike here next year and this from some who most likely will not be here

this mess might be too much to overcome and that is a shame - we need help NOT change for the sake of change
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "He has the ability and the desire, he just has to do it.”

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:33 pm

StorminMormon86 wrote:
riggofan wrote:Not to mention, Snyder isn't going to hire somebody who doesn't want to work with RGIII.

Fair enough. Gruden just said if you bring in a guy who sees something he likes in Cousins, it would bring in the inevitable QB controversy.

Maybe, it is usually Redskins fans that conjure that up. There is a huge history proving this. How many times must I say this? We need a leader.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:35 pm

StorminMormon86 wrote:

There is no question that anyone and everyone coming in here as a coach will be committed to helping RG3 :D

Cousins is not in the Redskins plans as a starting QB nor can he win the job - that is RG3's job

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:11 pm

SkinsJock wrote:It is critical to Robert's development as a better all around QB that he gets a lot of quality help this coming off season

I LOVE THAT

Have no clue huh? Did you watch his emotionless face? Did you watch EVERY sportscenter/ NFLnetwork/ foxsports news anchor that was asked say that mike has "lost the locker room" "appears to not want to be here" etc etc etc...

Mike misses out on 7 million DOLLARS if he QUITS... If he is fired he takes it.. he is walking through the motions Sj, sorry but his check is waiting for him that's all this team is to him..

Espns Tony somethin or another said it best "im sure Dan has the legal team in a room as we speak trying to figure out the best way to go about this..."
Maybe he finishes the year, maybe Kyle becomes interim who knows? Fact is Mike has given up for what ever reason. Hey here's a clue, WATCH it before you say someone doesn't have a clue, k?
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:33 am

I will be 'watching' … :D

I'll give you another 'clue' - MOST of what is being 'reported' and stated on TV is typical 'over the top' BS that always follows this franchise

we shall see

one thing for sure - Mike was NOT fired on Sunday or Monday as widely predicted by many fans and media - WHO DO NOT HAVE A CLUE :lol:

K?

Hog

Postby riggofan » Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:50 pm

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:

I LOVE THAT

Have no clue huh? Did you watch his emotionless face? Did you watch EVERY sportscenter/ NFLnetwork/ foxsports news anchor that was asked say that mike has "lost the locker room" "appears to not want to be here" etc etc etc...

Mike misses out on 7 million DOLLARS if he QUITS... If he is fired he takes it.. he is walking through the motions Sj, sorry but his check is waiting for him that's all this team is to him..

Espns Tony somethin or another said it best "im sure Dan has the legal team in a room as we speak trying to figure out the best way to go about this..."
Maybe he finishes the year, maybe Kyle becomes interim who knows? Fact is Mike has given up for what ever reason. Hey here's a clue, WATCH it before you say someone doesn't have a clue, k?

"Have no clue" may be harsh, but... firing Mike and having Kyle finish as interim coach? I don't think so.

I'm sure Snyder would love to can him today, but I think SkinsJock is right that he's going to finish out the season. There just isn't a realistic option to coach these last three games.

Its a really bad situation though. Lame duck coaches obviously on their way out. Three meaningless games. If you thought Sunday was a debacle, I have a feeling that we haven't seen the worst yet. What kind of effort are the majority of those players *really* going to give? A lot of those guys are about to become free agents too. They're going to risk serious injury in these conditions? Man, that is tough.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:00 pm

^^ that is a big challenge this week for the coaches and the players

we'll see if the media reports are close or not by how these coaches and players respond this week

I'd love for the coaches and players to show these DC mediots up by having a really good showing in Atlanta against another 3 win team

and maybe some of the doubters here too :twisted:

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:47 pm

I agree with both of you.. finding a three game replacement is idiotic (and I'm not lobbying for KS jus said that its possible w the dysfunctionality that is dc)... Snyder should have pulled the trigger much sooner when we were still in the race. #owell.

I too hope we win out, always do every week. Sitting rgiii is what it is... So long as we beat Dallas I could give a crap at this point. I hope Shanny (if he is still here) plays that game like it matters. Smashing the pukes playoffs chances matters to ME. Fans also are coming to see rgiii, not cousins and our rooks get evaluated, #2cents
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football