Interim Coaching Staff?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
08 Champ
Posts: 13239
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Re: Interim Coaching Staff?

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:03 pm

I think there's a good chance that Mike is not here next season … I'm OK with that

As most of you know, I am NOT a Shanahan fan and hope that BOTH are gone SOON, however …

letting Mike go at this time is something only a clueless owner would do - we shall see …

This 'situation' is completely different than what happened in Houston - McNair knows what he's doing - Snyder does not

this franchise needs continuity and Mike and Bruce have a plan

AGAIN - we have a better chance at success in 2015 if we stay the course with these guys …
We are lucky to have Cousins - Griffin will become the better QB as he learns to use the pocket & read defenses

Until then, I hope that Cousins takes full advantage of this opportunity

HAIL


Week 2 - 17-15

cappster
Posts: 2982
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:25 am
Location: Humanist, at your service.

Re: Interim Coaching Staff?

Postby Cappster » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:11 pm

SkinsJock wrote:I think there's a good chance that Mike is not here next season … I'm OK with that

As most of you know, I am NOT a Shanahan fan and hope that BOTH are gone SOON, however …

letting Mike go at this time is something only a clueless owner would do - we shall see …

This 'situation' is completely different than what happened in Houston - McNair knows what he's doing - Snyder does not

this franchise needs continuity and Mike and Bruce have a plan

AGAIN - we have a better chance at success in 2015 if we stay the course with these guys …


Shanahan has lost the team and needs to go. You can make up all of the excuses you want, but the evidence is clear. We suck and Shanahan does not have control of the locker room.
Sapphire AMD Radeon R9 280x, FTW!

Hog Bowl II Champion (2010)

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1899
Joined: Sun Dec 26, 2004 9:42 pm

Re: Interim Coaching Staff?

Postby fredp45 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:17 pm

Cappster said: "Shanahan has lost the team and needs to go. You can make up all of the excuses you want, but the evidence is clear. We suck and Shanahan does not have control of the locker room."

I would add to that, "and Mike is done, he doesn't want to be here anymore. He, his son or his agent leaked the information before the game today about last year office cleaning. Put a fork in him, he's done."

CKRGiii
Online
Posts: 4540
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:56 pm
Location: 505 New Mexico repn

Re: Interim Coaching Staff?

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:18 pm

SkinsJock wrote:I think there's a good chance that Mike is not here next season … I'm OK with that

As most of you know, I am NOT a Shanahan fan and hope that BOTH are gone SOON, however …

letting Mike go at this time is something only a clueless owner would do - we shall see …

This 'situation' is completely different than what happened in Houston - McNair knows what he's doing - Snyder does not

this franchise needs continuity andMike and Bruce have a plan

AGAIN - we have a better chance at success in 2015 if we stay the course with these guys …


Sorry Sj... I call bs.
McNair knows but Snyder doesn't? So we SHOULD fire our hc like Houston just did? U make no sense. The shannaplan was to quit last season.. instead hes quit midseason. Snyder may be a lot of things but he (and we) didn't deserve that. I hope papa Shanny never coaches in the NFL again.. Kyle doesn't disgust me nearly as bad but is be surprised if he stayed w out Mike.
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

~~~~~~
Posts: 10208
Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2004 8:59 am
Location: Canada

Re: Interim Coaching Staff?

Postby Redskin in Canada » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:20 pm

Cappster wrote:Shanahan has lost the team and needs to go. You can make up all of the excuses you want, but the evidence is clear. We suck and Shanahan does not have control of the locker room.

Shanahan may have lost the team but ...

Snyder lost the confidence of all fans a long time ago.

Please Danny, help me:

Bring Vinny Cerrato back and I will lead the revolution to boicot any attendance and support for your racket.
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

08 Champ
Posts: 13239
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Re: Interim Coaching Staff?

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:29 pm

I understand Snyder better than some posters here and I don't have a clue what makes him tic … :lol:

hopefully Snyder stays out of this and let's Mike and Bruce handle things - IF Mike wants out of here then we're better off if Bruce manages things …

I DO NOT WANT SNYDER INVOLVED WITH ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE PLAYERS OR THE COACHES …

HE KNOWS NOTHING
We are lucky to have Cousins - Griffin will become the better QB as he learns to use the pocket & read defenses

Until then, I hope that Cousins takes full advantage of this opportunity

HAIL


Week 2 - 17-15

CKRGiii
Online
Posts: 4540
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:56 pm
Location: 505 New Mexico repn

Re: Interim Coaching Staff?

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:30 pm

Redskin in Canada wrote:
Cappster wrote:Shanahan has lost the team and needs to go. You can make up all of the excuses you want, but the evidence is clear. We suck and Shanahan does not have control of the locker room.

Shanahan may have lost the team but ...

Snyder lost the confidence of all fans a long time ago.

Please Danny, help me:

Bring Vinny Cerrato back and I will lead the revolution to boicot any attendance and support for your racket.


Sorry RIC but this isn't on Snyder.. protecting his investment in RGiii doesn't change anything. When he left a game w injury he checked on him? Who cares?! People get paid more then other players too... Guess what? That's how it goes. Shanny not coaching this team UP and winning games is not on Danny boy. I get we're all pist but he did exactly what we all wanted: hired a HC and gm to control the team and stay out of football choices. Now that that HC has given up and failed we can't still blame Snyder... He gave us what we asked for.
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

CKRGiii
Online
Posts: 4540
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:56 pm
Location: 505 New Mexico repn

Re: Interim Coaching Staff?

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:32 pm

SkinsJock wrote:I understand Snyder better than some posters here and I don't have a clue what makes him tic … :lol:

hopefully Snyder stays out of this and let's Mike and Bruce handle things - IF Mike wants out of here then we're better off if Bruce manages things …

I DO NOT WANT SNYDER INVOLVED WITH ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE PLAYERS OR THE COACHES …

HE KNOWS NOTHING


If Shanny is here next Sunday, who is the idiot to blame then, Bruce?
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

08 Champ
Posts: 13239
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Re: Interim Coaching Staff?

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:36 pm

I cannot understand WHY anyone with any sense wants Snyder to make any decisions here - SNYDER KNOWS NOTHING

IF IN FACT Mike wants to leave here then he should do that but that leaves Bruce to make the decisions NOT Snyder

Snyder will VERY QUICKLY put us in the hole again - SNYDER KNOWS NOTHING

ESPECIALLY - WHO SHOULD PLAY OR COACH THIS FRANCHISE
We are lucky to have Cousins - Griffin will become the better QB as he learns to use the pocket & read defenses

Until then, I hope that Cousins takes full advantage of this opportunity

HAIL


Week 2 - 17-15

piggie
User avatar
Posts: 178
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:52 pm

Re: Interim Coaching Staff?

Postby hanburgerheel » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:41 pm

Personally, I'm looking forward to the future for the first time since last January.
I am now looking forward to the new possibilities. Shanahan is toast and has shown me nothing.

08 Champ
Posts: 13239
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Re: Interim Coaching Staff?

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:45 pm

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote: If Shanny is here next Sunday, who is the idiot to blame then, Bruce?


IF Mike wants to be here and he's coaching next Sunday - why is that a problem? - just because you think he should be fired does NOT make it the right choice

I don't want Snyder having anything to do with the players or coaches like he did
We are lucky to have Cousins - Griffin will become the better QB as he learns to use the pocket & read defenses

Until then, I hope that Cousins takes full advantage of this opportunity

HAIL


Week 2 - 17-15

CKRGiii
Online
Posts: 4540
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:56 pm
Location: 505 New Mexico repn

Re: Interim Coaching Staff?

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:48 pm

SkinsJock wrote:I cannot understand WHY anyone with any sense wants Snyder to make any decisions here - SNYDER KNOWS NOTHING

IF IN FACT Mike wants to leave here then he should do that but that leaves Bruce to make the decisions NOT Snyder

Snyder will VERY QUICKLY put us in the hole again - SNYDER KNOWS NOTHING

ESPECIALLY - WHO SHOULD PLAY OR COACH THIS FRANCHISE


Thats ok, you probably don't understand how to run a successful business. Snyder knows business, as he is very rich and owns THIS business we are discussing. Shanny is failing his company tremendously and hasn't got the balls to fire crappy coordinators not doing their job. No one is asking for Snyder to coach, just cut the dead weight bums who are getting paid to coach.. that are NOT doing so.
For not "liking Shanny" u sure defend the bum a lot. I don't care if it was gibs, if he gave up on the team and quit trying like mike has, he too would need to be removed, its how it goes. The leadership here isn't leading... Time for new leaders; its basic management and really IS that cut and dry.... Sorry.
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

CKRGiii
Online
Posts: 4540
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:56 pm
Location: 505 New Mexico repn

Re: Interim Coaching Staff?

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:52 pm

SkinsJock wrote:
cowboykillerzRGiii wrote: If Shanny is here next Sunday, who is the idiot to blame then, Bruce?


IF Mike wants to be here and he's coaching next Sunday - why is that a problem? - just because you think he should be fired does NOT make it the right choice

I don't want Snyder having anything to do with the players or coaches like he did


Less then a week ago I posted a thread called conspiracy theory.. hoping mike understood this wasn't our year but would have some pieces in place to go deep next year. After watching HIM, not the crap on the field but the man, I see a man who has quit long ago. He has give. Up, and the players showed what a coachless team looks like. There is no more fight in that dog so you take him out, plain as day. His awkward presser was the final nail in the coffin... Anyone would be a fool to.let a man like that carry on destroying your franchise.
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 760
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:29 pm
Location: Washington, DC

Re: Interim Coaching Staff?

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:15 pm

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:
cowboykillerzRGiii wrote: If Shanny is here next Sunday, who is the idiot to blame then, Bruce?


IF Mike wants to be here and he's coaching next Sunday - why is that a problem? - just because you think he should be fired does NOT make it the right choice

I don't want Snyder having anything to do with the players or coaches like he did


Less then a week ago I posted a thread called conspiracy theory.. hoping mike understood this wasn't our year but would have some pieces in place to go deep next year. After watching HIM, not the crap on the field but the man, I see a man who has quit long ago. He has give. Up, and the players showed what a coachless team looks like. There is no more fight in that dog so you take him out, plain as day. His awkward presser was the final nail in the coffin... Anyone would be a fool to.let a man like that carry on destroying your franchise.


+1

This team was on fire the 2nd half of last year, AND they have upgrades to certain positions this year; there's a change in the climate here...more and more this year, MS seemed to be withdrawn. Just go on the Skins' website and watch the press conference videos. He's burnt out here, and the straw that broke the camel's back was the Seahawks' game controversy.

Skins History Buff
Posts: 4849
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2004 5:36 pm
Location: New York, NY

Re: Interim Coaching Staff?

Postby welch » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:31 pm

(1) Fire Shanahan now. End the Follies.

(2) Hire Russ Grimm...I believe he lost his job at Arizona and was not hired this season.

(3) Let Shanahan's assistants serve out the season...on trial for Grimm. Maybe keep some next year. Clear out at least the OC and DC.

(4) Play Captain Kirk. Sit Robert Griffin. He's good, but there is no point now. Let the knee heal. Let him watch film, practice, but no in-game hitting.

(5) Keep Allen. Yes, I'm sentimental about the guys who made the Redskins good in the '70s and '80s, and about their football-oriented sons. Let Allen pick out some free agents.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football