Snyder is the cancer

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
---

Snyder is the cancer

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:31 pm

It doesn't matter who is coaching this team in the short or long term. This franchise is DOA until the day Snyder either sells the team or dies. It's done.

For the past few years, I've refused to attend a game. I don't purchase any Redskins merchandise. The next step, I'll stop watching the games and spend my time doing more enjoyable things. This franchise will never return to glory under this owernship. Pick any coach that's been here since Snyders arrival, they're simply symptoms. Snyder is the cancer, and until he's cut out of the body, his tentacles will continue to spread.

I thought things had changed. I thought he had learned his lesson. I was wrong. He has improved but he can only change but so much, that's true of all men, myself included.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Hog

Re: Snyder is the cancer

Postby Kilmer72 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:42 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:It doesn't matter who is coaching this team in the short or long term. This franchise is DOA until the day Snyder either sells the team or dies. It's done.

For the past few years, I've refused to attend a game. I don't purchase any Redskins merchandise. The next step, I'll stop watching the games and spend my time doing more enjoyable things. This franchise will never return to glory under this owernship. Pick any coach that's been here since Snyders arrival, they're simply symptoms. Snyder is the cancer, and until he's cut out of the body, his tentacles will continue to spread.

I thought things had changed. I thought he had learned his lesson. I was wrong. He has improved but he can only change but so much, that's true of all men, myself included.

Shanahan wasn't man enough. I agree, he could have been underminded. We have a great prospect in Robert. I believe that many coaches will be licking their chops to coach him.

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:47 pm

Kilmer72 wrote:I believe that many coaches will be licking their chops to coach him.

And it won't matter. Because the root problem is still there. That's the point of my post. I guess it doesn't leave much room for discussion. :lol: Snyder is the only constant.

I had issues with Norv.
I had issues with Spurrier.
I had issues with Zorn.
I had issues with Gibbs 2.0.
I had issues with Marty.

With each change at HC, we expected change. We didn't get it....
We have a "GM" now, we expected change. We didn't get it...
We bring in CoachX, what makes him any different? Tony Dungy said that he would NEVER want to work for Snyder. Ever. The caliber of coach we need, we can't even get, because of Snyder. I'm not advocating for Tony specifically, but just that upper echelon of coaching.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:56 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:It doesn't matter who is coaching this team in the short or long term. This franchise is DOA until the day Snyder either sells the team or dies. It's done.

I'm with you 100% except for the part about not watching the games. I don't know if I could bring myself to that.

I was really convinced that Snyder had learned his lessons, but I was wrong. I see now that things never really improved. Like Gibbs, Shanahan was able to make the situation look less dire than it actually was.

Ugh. Here we go again.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:57 pm

Kilmer72 wrote:

Shanahan wasn't man enough. I agree, he could have been underminded. We have a great prospect in Robert. I believe that many coaches will be licking their chops to coach him.

Not man enough......... :roll:

Look at the body-bag list of coaches burned thru by Danny.....3 of whom are HOFers. Any high quality coach will see how ALL HC-Owner relationships end with Danny and walk away. Coaches with options will choose the option of least resistance --- and the fire-happy Danny being in your face is the total opposite.

And after this season, I don't see a great attractiveness to coach this team. RGIII had a horrible year and appears to have regresseed, our D needs a total overhaul, and we don't have a first round pick. The only benefit is that Danny will ALWAYS throw tons of cash at you --- and what the idiot Danny doesn't realize is that type of "persuasion" attracts the wrong type of candidate......

So if MS wasn't "man enough", what does that say about Turner, Schott, or Gibbs?

I have been saying that Danny is the same old Danny for a long time on this board ---- and to much disagreement. I haven't seen a difference in the way he carries himself or his decisionmaking. And I truly believe the only reason we haven't been making our typically stupid Haynesworth-type signings is because Danny was hit with the cap penalty. He is still the same pompous a--hole. And Danny won't change until he is truly humbled. This hasn't happened and may never.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:00 pm

I'll bet Mara is laughing his ass off.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:01 pm

Maybe Irn and Chris you are right. You have to admit though that Shanahan quit, threw in the towel, gave up etc.... Not good. He is nit picking BS because he knows he has failed and tried to save face on his exit, tried to get paid for a year in advance that he doesn't deserve, and last but not least thieving his way out. Even if all the blame is all on Snyder, Shanahans exit is non professional.

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:02 pm

Kilmer72 wrote:Maybe Irn and Chris you are right. You have to admit though that Shanahan quit, threw in the towel, gave up etc....

No, I don't admit that. Take a look at what the players said after the game. I posted this in another thread, but it's worth reposting here. Moss said:

“We didn’t play good enough. It ain’t about preparation,” Moss said. “Coach been doing one of the best jobs I’ve ever been around when it comes to coaches. He’s been taking a lot off us. This time of year, you don’t want to be pounding. He’s doing a lot. For him to say that, I appreciate that. But at the end of the day, we’ve got to go out there and play. It’s not about what coach has gone out there and done. He’s doing the right thing by his players. Any player that’s played in this league would want a coach like Coach Shanahan.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:04 pm

Kilmer72 wrote:Maybe Irn and Chris you are right. You have to admit though that Shanahan quit, threw in the towel, gave up etc.... Not good. He is nit picking BS because he knows he has failed and tried to save face on his exit, tried to get paid for a year in advance that he doesn't deserve, and last but not least thieving his way out. Even if all the blame is all on Snyder, Shanahans exit is non professional.

Yeah I'm with you on this. Not a Snyder fan, but I think Shanahan owed it to everybody including the players and fans to try to finish what he started. He has clearly thrown in the towel as you pointed out.

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:05 pm

markshark84 wrote:Look at the body-bag list of coaches burned thru by Danny.....3 of whom are HOFers. Any high quality coach will see how ALL HC-Owner relationships end with Danny and walk away. Coaches with options will choose the option of least resistance --- and the fire-happy Danny being in your face is the total opposite.

And after this season, I don't see a great attractiveness to coach this team. RGIII had a horrible year and appears to have regresseed, our D needs a total overhaul, and we don't have a first round pick. The only benefit is that Danny will ALWAYS throw tons of cash at you --- and what the idiot Danny doesn't realize is that type of "persuasion" attracts the wrong type of candidate......

Yep. I'm really afraid that we're going to have a repeat of the offseason that ended up with Zorn as head coach. We were so incompetent in our coaching search that we couldn't attract a single viable candidate.

We only got Shanahan because Snyder idiolized him and promised him he could control everything, and now look how that turned out. No good coach in their right mind is going to want to come here.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:11 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:No good coach in their right mind is going to want to come here.

I'm afraid you are right on that.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:38 pm

Is Zorny still available for next season? Who else would want to come back here?

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:02 pm

Deadskins wrote:
Irn-Bru wrote:No good coach in their right mind is going to want to come here.

I'm afraid you are right on that.

We shall see. I am betting on money motivating someone. If Gibbs was younger I think it works. If Marty didn't want to play GM it works. There are a few excuses or reasons.
I don't doubt Snyders recruiting abilities. He can get who he wants. It is up to that individual to make it work. Get away from the kitchen if you don't like the heat. Last but not least - Snyder please stay away from players, coaches and decision making except hiring your GM.(Go through Bruce trust him) I actually believe he has except for befriending Robert. Give me a break. If he is is deciding on Mcnab or Robert or anything then that is enough to make someone want to leave. If you want to leave please do not quit before the season ends.

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:08 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:Yep. I'm really afraid that we're going to have a repeat of the offseason that ended up with Zorn as head coach. We were so incompetent in our coaching search that we couldn't attract a single viable candidate.

Shudder.

Well one factor that year was that Snyder wasn't expecting to lose Gibbs, right? At least this year, we'll have a few weeks before the season ends for him to start making some plans.

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:39 pm

I'm of the firm belief that money talks, and despite Snyder's reputation, he has the money to convince someone noteworthy to come here.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football