Snyder is the cancer

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
08 Champ

Re: Snyder is the cancer

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:38 pm

StorminMormon86 wrote:
riggofan wrote:
StorminMormon86 wrote:I'm of the firm belief that money talks, and despite Snyder's reputation, he has the money to convince someone noteworthy to come here.

You just summed up my biggest fear in about a dozen words. he has the money to convince someone noteworthy to come here. We don't need someone noteworthy, we need someone capable.

I used the wrong word. I didn't mean "noteworthy" in the sense of past glories, just someone that can come in, not take any crap from Snyder or any of the players, who actually knows how to COACH and build a team.

let's get this straight:
find a HC that knows what he's doing, a HC that has fixed a broken team, has won everything and will not take any crap from Snyder or any of the players ..
this is a HC that you think has a chance here - you're kidding yourself :lol:

Hopefully we get a HC that suits what this franchise needs and can work with everyone

If we are going to make a change here: Snyder needs to put his management team together to find him some candidates that suit what this franchise needs

Then that HC can put together his staff

just going out and finding a HC that can coach and build and not take any crap from anyone is not what is going to happen here

that is basically what Mike Shanahan is
Hail to the Redskins

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:53 pm

more backstabbing from the press - talk about turning things around …

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-foo ... ion-on-qbs

I think that Dan Snyder is managing this all very well I cannot say the same for Mike but the press is just so bad here and he's never liked dealing with them
Hail to the Redskins

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:43 am

PulpExposure posted this in another topic ...

and it reminded me that most HCs are really not very likable and most are not at all trustworthy …

Joe Gibbs and Tony Dungy to me were an exception to this …

Bill Belichick and Bill Parcells come to mind as egotistical, lying a/holes … Tom Coughlin is almost as bad - he's a weasel at best

Mike Shanahan has always been known as a lying and manipulative HC

the new guy in Tampa seems like a waste of time

I like the Ravens Harbaugh but not so much Jim Harbaugh in San Francisco
Hail to the Redskins

Joe's#1Fan

Postby gibbsfan » Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:59 am

I can't find any soap opera's better than this one
with the redskins organization.. I feel like the exorcist my head is spinning
around....make it stop.

wait and see.
Thanks for 10 years .
HTTR

Another Year Full Of Redskins Drama
"As The World Turns"

piggie

Postby OldSchool » Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:16 pm

I agree Dan Snyder has been the problem and will continue to be the problem from the perspective of us fans. We think he has been a disaster but unfortunately from his perspective he has a been a huge success, doesn't the Skins lead the league in revenue? I think I remember seeing that in an article not long ago so he no doubt feels he is a great businessman running his business. We might want him to conclude he is a flop and sell the franchise after going through so many coaches and players but the cash register keeps ringing so Snyder knows his business is thriving. He may in fact be thoroughly energized now by the prospect of hiring a new coach and formulating the marketing campaign to successfully launch the next era.

Success is how you define it and like a lot business people I think Snyder measures success in dollars not wins, titles, or how the public views him. Sure, he'd enjoy winning and being liked but being financially highly successful seems to be more than enough to keep him going and for all we know being a great marketeer who growing his revenue despite having a losing team might be icing on the cake for him. I don't know the guy but doing just that might be a badge of honor in his eyes. In any case Dan Snyder isn't going to sell, we are stuck with him.
********************************* Spoiler Alert **************************************

"Robert has to learn the new system!" Will be the party line in 2014

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:18 pm

DFTT [-(
Hail to the Redskins

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:57 am

That Shanahan quote about being "honest" is overblown, IMO. He was basically saying he usually uses "coach speak" when talking to the press, but that time he was being completely honest.

Postby redskinz4ever » Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:41 pm

finally someone speaks the truth .... SNYDER has treated this franchise like its his little toy from day one ..... having a roster full of player on the down side of their careers ..... to changing coaches every year .... i to have had it with SNYDER and the product that we as fans have tolerated for way too long.
i can't stop carrying about the skins but i can't take our team seriously either .....
TOUCHDOWN .....WASHINGTON REDSKINS !!!!

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:22 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:It doesn't matter who is coaching this team in the short or long term. This franchise is DOA until the day Snyder either sells the team or dies. It's done.

For the past few years, I've refused to attend a game. I don't purchase any Redskins merchandise. The next step, I'll stop watching the games and spend my time doing more enjoyable things. This franchise will never return to glory under this owernship. Pick any coach that's been here since Snyders arrival, they're simply symptoms. Snyder is the cancer, and until he's cut out of the body, his tentacles will continue to spread.

I thought things had changed. I thought he had learned his lesson. I was wrong. He has improved but he can only change but so much, that's true of all men, myself included.

The fact that some fans may arrive into any different conclusion that the one above can only be explained through BLIND LOYALTY.

How many coaches have come and gone?

What is the overall record under the Snyder ownership?

Are the SAME mistakes being repeated by the owner over and over?

The fact is that for as long as this is still a perennial loses but very profitable franchise, what is the incentive for Snyder to sell?

We reward his capricious behaviour, meddling, destroying the leadership of coaches, and terrible management with piles of money. Why would he change anything?

The formula is WELL PROVEN TO WORK WELL AMONG THE SELF-DECEIVING: add another coach, make a big splash player acquisition, create any sense of marketing hope and hype. Why change?

The fact that seats are not sold-out and the famous wait list does not exist anymore is a sign of things to come. In the end, it is US THE FANS, who have the power to revolt and vote with our wallets and feet to stop this egomaniac madman from destroying this team and the hearts of its fans year after year.

Enough is enough. I agree. I will always be a Washington Redskins fan but I will stop providing any economic support for the team. No tickets, no events, not even TV. There are far more useful things to do with my life than keep the frustration building year after year.

No, Snyder will not change He will never change. He is cancer and I know what cancer is because several relatives have passed away from it.

No need to go back in history to remind us all:

Dan Snyder's Civil Wars Continue to Erode Fanbase

Redskins' mess is all on Dan Snyder

Daniel Snyder can make fans happy, but firing Mike Shanahan won’t do it

Daniel Snyder, Robert Griffin III friendship highlighted during Redskins’ turmoil

For Washington Redskins, pride always precipitates the fall

Is Mike Shanahan or Daniel Snyder to blame? Washington doesn’t deserve either of them

Washington Redskins are being undermined by Dan Snyder’s corrosive star culture
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:26 pm

OldSchool wrote:I agree Dan Snyder has been the problem and will continue to be the problem from the perspective of us fans. We think he has been a disaster but unfortunately from his perspective he has a been a huge success, doesn't the Skins lead the league in revenue? I think I remember seeing that in an article not long ago so he no doubt feels he is a great businessman running his business. We might want him to conclude he is a flop and sell the franchise after going through so many coaches and players but the cash register keeps ringing so Snyder knows his business is thriving. He may in fact be thoroughly energized now by the prospect of hiring a new coach and formulating the marketing campaign to successfully launch the next era.

Success is how you define it and like a lot business people I think Snyder measures success in dollars not wins, titles, or how the public views him. Sure, he'd enjoy winning and being liked but being financially highly successful seems to be more than enough to keep him going and for all we know being a great marketeer who growing his revenue despite having a losing team might be icing on the cake for him. I don't know the guy but doing just that might be a badge of honor in his eyes. In any case Dan Snyder isn't going to sell, we are stuck with him.

Amen.

However, Snyder will end up stuck with himself ... alone.
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:58 pm

If you truly believe that as long as Snyder is owner that we can never win or be a functional NFL team, then why watch or bother to be a fan?

I personally believe Snyder has given way more to Mike than any other coach he has had. I also think all 3 parties involved are to blame.

If other organizations can have an owner befriend someone that they pay and get away with it, then why can't this owner?

I hate to defend Dan Snyder, but this time, is isn't all his fault. He didn't cause mistakes,interceptions,fumbles,lack of ST and Defense to historic failure.

Areas in our team are so bad that you have to go back to the early 60s to find worse.

I wont give up on a team I have been watching since I was 4. If it is never going to work in your minds then don't be a fan. I don't see the purpose of this thread.

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:46 pm

Kilmer72 wrote:I hate to defend Dan Snyder, but this time, is isn't all his fault. He didn't cause mistakes,interceptions,fumbles,lack of ST and Defense to historic failure.

First, you do not hate to defend him if you do.

Second, BLIND LOYALTY is just that BLIND.

One day, you will recognize the cancer too.

Hog

Re:

Postby Kilmer72 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:51 pm

Redskin in Canada wrote:
Kilmer72 wrote:I hate to defend Dan Snyder, but this time, is isn't all his fault. He didn't cause mistakes,interceptions,fumbles,lack of ST and Defense to historic failure.

Most days I really hate my job. I go to work everyday. That doesn't mean I like my job.

I get what you are saying RIC.

I hope you get what I am saying.

|||||||

Re: Re:

Postby UK Skins Fan » Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:39 pm

Kilmer72 wrote:
Redskin in Canada wrote:I hope you get what I am saying.

If it helps - I get what you're saying.
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

Hog

Re: Re:

Postby riggofan » Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:00 pm

Kilmer72 wrote:
Redskin in Canada wrote:

Most days I really hate my job. I go to work everyday. That doesn't mean I like my job.

I get what you are saying RIC.

I hope you get what I am saying.

I get exactly what you're saying. And yeah that response was a little bit overwrought. If Dan Snyder is usually the guy responsible for farting in the room, but this time I'm pretty sure it was Mike who cut one loose, I can defend Snyder without "blind loyalty" or denying that he's a cancerous, room clearing gas bag.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football