Snyder is the cancer

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
~~~~~~

Re: Re:

Postby Redskin in Canada » Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:29 pm

UK Skins Fan wrote:
Kilmer72 wrote:
Redskin in Canada wrote:I hope you get what I am saying.

If it helps - I get what you're saying.

No need to misquote me or put somebody else's words on me
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:43 pm

Redskin in Canada wrote:No need to misquote me or put somebody else's words on me

Oops. Error. I'll try again.
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:46 pm

For the second time, and with the quote correctly (I hope) attributed:

Kilmer72 wrote:Most days I really hate my job. I go to work everyday. That doesn't mean I like my job.

I get what you are saying RIC.

I hope you get what I am saying.

For what it's worth, I get what you're saying.
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

Hog

Re: Snyder is the cancer

Postby emoses14 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:06 pm

UK Skins Fan wrote:I'm still waiting for the evidence that Snyder has been "interfering". Besides an alleged leak about the supposed circumstances of Shanahan's supposedly alleged intention to quit last season.

Snyder has no credit at the bank of goodwill, and I wouldn't be stunned if it transpired that he has been meddling. But I would be a little surprised. I cannot recall any reports of such behaviour in the previous three years. So I won't be so quick to jump on Snyder being the cancer (and that's a truly offensive term to use in this context) on this occasion, until/unless I see conclusive proof.

I understand the calls for Snyder to get out of town, but some of the vitriol simply isn't justified by what few facts we know about current events. Snyder is not to blame for the disaster that is laughingly called our "special" teams, nor the putrid defence that we have seen since Shanahan's unwise decision to switch to the 3-4. Nor is Snyder to blame for leaving the future of the franchise hobbling around on a minefield of a playing surface against Seattle, until he finally broke.

We don't like Snyder - I get that. he is not angel, but neither is he the devil.

I must admit that the use of Snyder as the scapegoat in this case just seems to damn convenient. It just doesn't smell right, not this time. Maybe its because as opposed to Portis, i really have a hard time envisioning Griffin as basking in the glow of being played the favorite by Snyder. Something just don't smell right with these "reports"
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Pushing Paper

Postby PulpExposure » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:28 pm

Yeah actually what I've been reading is Snyder has really sat in the background here, and not been a part of the team like he has in the past. Things like from here:

Snyder has been credited with keeping a lower profile on player-related moves since hiring Shanahan as his coach. Some people familiar with the team’s inner workings have said that Shanahan, unlike some previous Redskins coaches, rarely has had in-depth conversations with Snyder about the club’s daily operations, mostly leaving those conversations with Snyder to General Manager Bruce Allen. Snyder and Shanahan are seen speaking on the team’s practice field at times.

But ESPN reported Sunday that Shanahan was so dismayed by the relationship between Snyder and Griffin that he contemplated quitting his job after last season, going so far as to clean out his office before changing his mind when Griffin re-injured his right knee during the Redskins’ playoff loss to the Seattle Seahawks. The relationship between Griffin and Snyder widely is portrayed as being close, although some in the organization say that is sometimes overstated and there is little interaction between the owner and quarterback during a season.

Snyder really is a bad egg, but I think that's why he makes such an easy target. While he's certainly earned his reputation (and more than earned it), I'm not sure if he's earned in here...it really does seem as if he's allowed Mike to run the show and stayed in the background.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:03 am

PulpExposure wrote:Yeah actually what I've been reading is Snyder has really sat in the background here, and not been a part of the team like he has in the past.
Snyder has been credited with keeping a lower profile on player-related moves since hiring Shanahan as his coach. Some people familiar with the team’s inner workings have said that Shanahan, unlike some previous Redskins coaches, rarely has had in-depth conversations with Snyder about the club’s daily operations, mostly leaving those conversations with Snyder to General Manager Bruce Allen. Snyder and Shanahan are seen speaking on the team’s practice field at times.

But ESPN reported Sunday that Shanahan was so dismayed by the relationship between Snyder and Griffin that he contemplated quitting his job after last season, going so far as to clean out his office before changing his mind when Griffin re-injured his right knee during the Redskins’ playoff loss to the Seattle Seahawks. The relationship between Griffin and Snyder widely is portrayed as being close, although some in the organization say that is sometimes overstated and there is little interaction between the owner and quarterback during a season.

Snyder really is a bad egg, but I think that's why he makes such an easy target. While he's certainly earned his reputation (and more than earned it), I'm not sure if he's earned in here...it really does seem as if he's allowed Mike to run the show and stayed in the background.

I was concerned that Snyder would not be able to 'let go' but it sure looks like he has - it's like night and day compared to the Snyder/Cerrato era
I'm sure Dan takes advantage and has a lot of contact with both players and coaches - he's the owner, it's NOT the same 'meddling' as he used to do

Snyder has let these guys 'run the show' - hopefully that stays the same - Dan and Mike will get together and decide what's best for them and the franchise moving forward - Dan will NOT be letting the money owed to Mike be a factor - this will be 2 egos deciding on the best path for the Redskins and each other - Dan has liked not being the 'villain' - that will continue for another season and Dan will spend whatever it takes supporting his team

2 things I hope for - there will be coaching changes - AND - we really need a GM that can help make better personnel decisions My 2 cents
When you're dead you don't know you're dead, it's only difficult for others.
It's kind of the same as when you're stupid!

memo to Dan Snyder: Let the football people just do their jobs - you need to manage your own mess

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football