RG3 - Facts and BS - the final 3 weeks

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Re: RG3 status for the final 3 weeks

Postby riggofan » Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:28 pm

PulpExposure wrote:I think this is brilliant by Shanahan. He's completely shifted the conversation to be about RG3, RG3's "special relationship" with Snyder, and how it undercuts the team. It's all about how that's why this team is failing.

No longer do we have to hear about a defense that has given up more points than any other team in the NFL this year, or a special teams unit that is the worst I can ever remember seeing. We don't have to hear about Haslett, or Keith Burns, or any other coaching hire made by Shanahan (like Bob Slowik, coaching the linebackers...a kinda important job in the 3-4...even though he's never coached linebackers in the NFL before). No worries.

The team is 3-10 because of RG3 and Snyder. That is all.

Nailed it. =D>
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"That's all you want? Three ones and a two?.... I said, 'Dan, game on.'" - Vinny
"You can't do epic **** with basic people." - DJax

Hog

Postby riggofan » Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:38 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:Does Shanahan have any story you can call to our attention that can compete with that level of dishonesty? I don't have one. So yes, I do cut him a little more slack right now and don't assume the worst: I don't assume he must be the leak, I don't assume his benching Griffin is some kind of "all in" poker play, etc. It's too easy to turn on Shanahan because he's been unsuccessful this year and is likely out the door in a few weeks. I am open to being corrected, but I just don't see the rat everyone keeps talking about.

I don't disagree with you about Snyder's record of lying. And I honestly don't know what Shanahan's motivations are for benching Griffin. I don't think he needed to give Snyder any more reason to fire him or anything. He very well could have just agreed with Snyder that there is no point in having RGIII out there the rest of the season and putting him at risk.

The stuff about the leak though, I just can't see giving him the benefit of the doubt. It was completely transparent. And if it didn't come from him or his camp all he had to do to squash the story was deny it.

http://deadspin.com/mike-shanahan-admit ... 1481341053
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"That's all you want? Three ones and a two?.... I said, 'Dan, game on.'" - Vinny
"You can't do epic **** with basic people." - DJax

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:54 pm

Nothing should surprise us …

the reality is we are 3-10 and way below where we thought we'd be

we have a QB that is not playing well and is also not showing signs of being in sync with his coaches or players

Dan Snyder has a great opportunity here to show how much he has learned - how he handles this is critical for this franchise
It's taken years for the Redskins to become as bad as we are - there is no way that the team is going to be consistently competitive in the near future, the problems here are complex - unfortunately with Dan Snyder, it is what it is

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:51 pm

SkinsJock wrote::lol: and Vinny has so much credibility - especially with this club and Dan Snyder :lol:

Actually Vinny probably knows the Danny better than most.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:04 pm

Listening to 980 AM, virtually everyone is in agreement that Shanahan is gone next year. But I don't know...the way he recently talked at the press conference on Wednesday makes me think he wants to stay here, and by going to Snyder and Allen in talks of shutting down Griffin, that makes me think he's interested in staying here with a healthy Griffin next year.

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:32 pm

StorminMormon86 wrote:Listening to 980 AM, virtually everyone is in agreement that Shanahan is gone next year. But I don't know...the way he recently talked at the press conference on Wednesday makes me think he wants to stay here, and by going to Snyder and Allen in talks of shutting down Griffin, that makes me think he's interested in staying here with a healthy Griffin next year.

I don't think he wants to stay here at all. He is saying what he has to. He wants to get paid.

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:57 pm

I think Shanahan is saying what any competent professional coach would say. And doing the same. Don't see any reason to follow the Washington Post down both paths: one set of columnists insists that everything is a sneaky plot by Shanahan to "force Snyder's hand". The other says that everything is a sneaky plot by Snyder to find cause to fire Shanahan.

Sometimes things are what they seem, and sometimes I wish the Post rolled back its sport department to the same size it was in 1970, with the same no-nonsense and no-grand-plot sort of writers.

RIP, Shirley Povich! We miss your insight!

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:06 pm

Your right. You can't believe everything you read. Someones right though. In this day and age people tweet. lol Usually the big scandal in the 80s was Riggo getting drunk. It
isn't like that anymore. I agree though there is a lot of misinformation out there regarding this drama.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:06 pm

welch wrote:RIP, Shirley Povich! We miss your insight!
Oh! Yes.

Most here won't have a clue... If Shirley were still here... we'd know what the hell was happening.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:17 pm

“You play your starting quarterback, that’s been Robert,” Kyle Shanahan told reporters on Thursday. “I’m pretty disappointed we don’t get to play with him. But it is what it is, and I’m gonna deal with the cards I’ve been dealt.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... n-griffin/

“I definitely made it clear I was disappointed in that. . . . I think it would be good for Robert to get the reps,” Kyle Shanahan said.

.....................................................................................................................

“It’s kind of tough to put him into this situation right now and hope for him to be excellent,” Moss said, via Mike Jones of the Washington Post. “It’s almost like setting a guy up for failure.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... r-failure/

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:27 pm

riggofan wrote:
PulpExposure wrote:I think this is brilliant by Shanahan. He's completely shifted the conversation to be about RG3, RG3's "special relationship" with Snyder, and how it undercuts the team. It's all about how that's why this team is failing.

No longer do we have to hear about a defense that has given up more points than any other team in the NFL this year, or a special teams unit that is the worst I can ever remember seeing. We don't have to hear about Haslett, or Keith Burns, or any other coaching hire made by Shanahan (like Bob Slowik, coaching the linebackers...a kinda important job in the 3-4...even though he's never coached linebackers in the NFL before). No worries.

The team is 3-10 because of RG3 and Snyder. That is all.

Nailed it. =D>

Ditto

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:33 pm

Sssshhhh don't ya know it IS all Rgiiis fault!
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:48 pm

Kilmer72 wrote:
“You play your starting quarterback, that’s been Robert,” Kyle Shanahan told reporters on Thursday. “I’m pretty disappointed we don’t get to play with him. But it is what it is, and I’m gonna deal with the cards I’ve been dealt.”

“I definitely made it clear I was disappointed in that. . . . I think it would be good for Robert to get the reps,” Kyle Shanahan said.

:shock:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:50 pm

Deadskins wrote:
Kilmer72 wrote:

Father son rift! O well.. couldn't hurt at this point. Probably is the ACTUAL root of this whole mess... #firemike
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:51 pm

Deadskins wrote:
Kilmer72 wrote:

LMAO!!! I knew you would say something once you saw that Deadskins. :)

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football