RG3 - Facts and BS - the final 3 weeks

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
08 Champ

Re: RG3 status for the final 3 weeks

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:53 pm

Deadskins wrote:
SkinsJock wrote::lol: and Vinny has so much credibility - especially with this club and Dan Snyder :lol:

Actually Vinny probably knows the Danny better than most.

OK - but he has zero credibility with me - maybe you feel differently :twisted:
Jay Gruden "eventually we will turn it around" I have faith in Gruden and I still think he can get things straightened out - we have a lot of work to do and it will be interesting to see how many players are willing to tough it out

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:03 pm

Father son rift! O well.. couldn't hurt at this point. Probably is the ACTUAL root of this whole mess... #firemike

There is no rift. Trust me I don't know where the media is getting this stuff :lol: Mike walks on water and Kyle can't run an offense and Robert sucks. I blame all this on Snyder. It must be his fault. :wink:

It is also Roberts fault that we can't block or tackle or play ST or even catch the ball for his receivers. No, it must be RGII. Well, it is someones dad. We shall get all this straight by next Thursday.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:44 pm

SkinsJock wrote:
Deadskins wrote:
SkinsJock wrote::lol: and Vinny has so much credibility - especially with this club and Dan Snyder :lol:

Actually Vinny probably knows the Danny better than most.

OK - but he has zero credibility with me - maybe you feel differently :twisted:

He has no credibility on player personnel matters, but I don't know why you would think he has no credibility on this issue.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:07 pm

People need to understand that Vinny knows more than anyone else on any football matters. This is the one instance that I say if everyone says your wrong then you are right. If all teams followed Vinny's way then, all would be on equal ground. Talk about NFL parody. :celebrate:

Hog

Postby riggofan » Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:42 am

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:Father son rift! O well.. couldn't hurt at this point. Probably is the ACTUAL root of this whole mess... #firemike

Man, I saw that interview with Kyle yesterday on tv. Very surprising! Not just that he wanted to stick with RGII, but that he say that in public.

Part of that interview it gets pointed out that Kyle was a pretty successful OC in Houston when he left to join his dad. He says he felt he would have regretted it if he'd missed the opportunity to work with his father. People overlook and dismiss that a lot around DC.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"That's all you want? Three ones and a two?.... I said, 'Dan, game on.'" - Vinny
"You can't do epic **** with basic people." - DJax

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:49 am

Kilmer72 wrote:People need to understand that Vinny knows more than anyone else on any football matters. This is the one instance that I say if everyone says your wrong then you are right. If all teams followed Vinny's way then, all would be on equal ground. Talk about NFL parody.

parity or parody - the NFL wants parity but what we have here is a parody

Vinny's opinion or views on anything to do with this franchise mean squat to me

the only thing I 'need to understand' about that little scumbag is that he did a horrible job while he was with the Redskins
Jay Gruden "eventually we will turn it around" I have faith in Gruden and I still think he can get things straightened out - we have a lot of work to do and it will be interesting to see how many players are willing to tough it out

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:22 am

riggofan wrote:
cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:Father son rift! O well.. couldn't hurt at this point. Probably is the ACTUAL root of this whole mess... #firemike

Man, I saw that interview with Kyle yesterday on tv. Very surprising! Not just that he wanted to stick with RGII, but that he say that in public.

Part of that interview it gets pointed out that Kyle was a pretty successful OC in Houston when he left to join his dad. He says he felt he would have regretted it if he'd missed the opportunity to work with his father. People overlook and dismiss that a lot around DC.

riggofan I don't think that we overlook nor dismiss that he was the OC at Houston prior to coming here, what I have always said was that offense was MORE balanced and was actually ranked better after he left Houston, Kyle's knock there too was his inability to stay with running the ball and wanting to pass all the time. I would also think that perhaps the apparent rift between father and son is way overdue, and maybe Kyle isn't as bad or arrogant as first thought, or maybe this is just a diversion that should Mike walk this is a device to have Kyle step in as interim HC or at least be able to apply for the hopefully soon to be vacant position...... [-o< [-o< I want them all fired, but maybe Kyle might do better being younger and hungrier than his dad if given the chance, his first step would be who he hires for a staff and it better not be a Jim or a Bob or a Keith on it!!!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:52 am

IF change is taking place at the top here …

Dan Snyder needs to get together with his NFL people and identify who is going to be THE GM
put that guy in place and let things continue here as they have since Mike came in

I have changed my opinion of Kyle recently - I do not think he's ready to be a HC but … the most important facet about Kyle is how he and Robert get along

Robert is the franchise QB here (no matter what Kirk does) and if he and Kyle really trust each other that is VERY important

DarthMonk

Re: RG3 - Facts and BS - the final 3 weeks

Postby DarthMonk » Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:02 am

Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Pushing Paper

Postby PulpExposure » Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:27 am

Irn-Bru wrote:Does Shanahan have any story you can call to our attention that can compete with that level of dishonesty? I don't have one. So yes, I do cut him a little more slack right now and don't assume the worst: I don't assume he must be the leak, I don't assume his benching Griffin is some kind of "all in" poker play, etc. It's too easy to turn on Shanahan because he's been unsuccessful this year and is likely out the door in a few weeks. I am open to being corrected, but I just don't see the rat everyone keeps talking about.

Shanahan has a well documented history of lying. From being investigated by the league for lying about injuries in Denver, to basically admitting he was lying about why they benched McNabb, to the whole involvement of Dr. Andrews and his "clearance" of RG3 to return to the playoff game last year. Heck, in his most recent press conference he self admitted he isn't very truthful.

Snyder is a complete schmuck, I agree. But Shanahan is no paragon of virtue.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:27 pm

gotta love the 'reports' …

first we heard that "RG3 is angry at not being allowed to play" … etc - another reporter really needed to add "RG3 is extremely angry at not being allowed to play" …

now from Mike Florio …
Per a source close to Griffin, the second-year quarterback is disappointed but not angry.

“Where they got that I don’t know,” the source said of the report that surfaced Thursday night on NFL Network. “No competitor would be happy but to say he’s angry makes for good TV, I guess.”

The source added that Griffin has “accepted the decision,” even though Griffin still wanted to play.

“He feels like he let his teammates down and he wanted to finish the season with them,” the source said. “Now he will just do it from the sideline and through practices.”

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:52 pm

Well another thought is any news is good news, we have gone from Super Bowl winners in the offseason every year signing every past their prime free agent, to an over rated coach and son tandem, to now being the latest soap opera in the NFL. What other 3-10 team gets this amount of coverage? Daniel Snyder the marketing media genius strikes again. No one knows that's going on, or how it will end, without naming names sources mean nothing. Heck I have a source that says RGIII's wife was caught in Snyder's personal shower! I have another source that claims both Shanahan's share gerbils!! Again non sense and at times we all are eating it up. Too bad we can't be in the media spotlight for being a good team......Sad so very sad.....

Hog

Postby riggofan » Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:01 pm

DaSkinz Baby wrote:riggofan I don't think that we overlook nor dismiss that he was the OC at Houston prior to coming here, what I have always said was that offense was MORE balanced and was actually ranked better after he left Houston, Kyle's knock there too was his inability to stay with running the ball and wanting to pass all the time. I would also think that perhaps the apparent rift between father and son is way overdue, and maybe Kyle isn't as bad or arrogant as first thought, or maybe this is just a diversion that should Mike walk this is a device to have Kyle step in as interim HC or at least be able to apply for the hopefully soon to be vacant position......

I was kind of generalizing that about people in DC. I understand most posters here know the details. You get the impression from the average fan though that Mike called Kyle up out of his bedroom in the basement to help coach on Daddy's team. People always scream "nepotism!", but if my dad asks me to leave my job as the CTO at Apple to become the CTO at Microsoft... you know what I'm saying? My point was just that he left a pretty successful position in Houston to take this job here and had valid reasons for doing it.

I don't doubt what you're saying about run/pass balance on offense. He still had a pretty potent offense in Houston. And with Andre Johnson in his prime, I can't entirely blame him for passing a lot. :)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"That's all you want? Three ones and a two?.... I said, 'Dan, game on.'" - Vinny

Hog

Postby riggofan » Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:03 pm

DaSkinz Baby wrote:What other 3-10 team gets this amount of coverage? Daniel Snyder the marketing media genius strikes again.

You're right! Give him his due, man. How many of you were planning to watch the Falcons-Skins game this weekend before all of this Cousins/RGIII stuff got thrown in the mix? lol. This is suddenly MUST WATCH TV! :)

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:30 pm

^^ you're right - I can't wait …

I hope that everyone sees what great job Mike does as HC and Kyle gets a lot of credit for planning and calling a great game

also … that Kirk plays lights out against that Falcon defense and Jim Haslett's guys have a great day shutting down the 3-10 Falcones

this is a must watch game from a snow covered Northeast

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football