RG3 - Facts and BS - the final 3 weeks

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
FanFromAnnapolis

Re: RG3 status for the final 3 weeks

Postby Irn-Bru » Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:32 pm

PulpExposure wrote:
Irn-Bru wrote:Does Shanahan have any story you can call to our attention that can compete with that level of dishonesty? I don't have one. So yes, I do cut him a little more slack right now and don't assume the worst: I don't assume he must be the leak, I don't assume his benching Griffin is some kind of "all in" poker play, etc. It's too easy to turn on Shanahan because he's been unsuccessful this year and is likely out the door in a few weeks. I am open to being corrected, but I just don't see the rat everyone keeps talking about.

Shanahan has a well documented history of lying. From being investigated by the league for lying about injuries in Denver, to basically admitting he was lying about why they benched McNabb, to the whole involvement of Dr. Andrews and his "clearance" of RG3 to return to the playoff game last year. Heck, in his most recent press conference he self admitted he isn't very truthful.

Fair enough.

His line in the press conference this week is easily misinterpreted, though. I think his meaning was "I'm trying to tell you guys as much as I can, and I don't normally do that," though he used the word "honest." In context, he was explaining that he was being frank and revealing, which is normally something he avoids. I don't think he was admitting to outright lying to the press on a regular basis.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:48 pm

riggofan wrote:if my dad asks me to leave my job as the CTO at Apple to become the CTO at Microsoft...

Is your dad Bill Gates? :shock:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby riggofan » Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:57 pm

Deadskins wrote:
riggofan wrote:if my dad asks me to leave my job as the CTO at Apple to become the CTO at Microsoft...

Is your dad Bill Gates? :shock:

No, it is still 2008? :D

Hog

Re: RG3 - Facts and BS - the final 3 weeks

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:59 pm

I seriously have to back away from the ledge. Who else here sits at works and day dreams about torturing this coaching staff? Do you know what I would give to tie Shanalobster down and pull every one of his teeth out and then use a red hot poker on him??? :evil: I think I hate this man as much as I hate Adolf Hitler, and that Jim Haslett and Keith Burns.....BOY OH BOY the thoughts....... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:13 pm

DaSkinz Baby wrote:I seriously have to back away from the ledge. Who else here sits at works and day dreams about torturing this coaching staff?
Do you know what I would give to tie Shanalobster down and pull every one of his teeth out and then use a red hot poker on him???
I think I hate this man as much as I hate Adolf Hitler, and that Jim Haslett and Keith Burns ….. BOY OH BOY the thoughts .......

easy there big boy - I really think that things are not near as bad as many are making you believe

just take a couple of deep breaths and … step back from the ledge … a little :lol:

I agree that Mike should be out of here and we'll be better for it but I'm not sure that should happen right now
let's let the season end and see what happens when Mike and Dan have a little chat about what is going to be best for Robert going forward - that is the key :D
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "He has the ability and the desire, he just has to do it.” - J Gruden

Pushing Paper

Postby PulpExposure » Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:45 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:
Fair enough.

His line in the press conference this week is easily misinterpreted, though. I think his meaning was "I'm trying to tell you guys as much as I can, and I don't normally do that," though he used the word "honest." In context, he was explaining that he was being frank and revealing, which is normally something he avoids. I don't think he was admitting to outright lying to the press on a regular basis.

Yeah, it agree there. That was more facetious than anything.

I honestly could have answered your question/challenge by just pointing out all the stuff that was flying around after RG3's knee turned into spaghetti. Mike could have just come clean, but instead we got a different story at literally every press conference. It was crazy, and I was a bit surprised you didn't remember that.

I think his year off he didn't spend watching football. I think he did an internship at the Truth Ministry of North Korea*.

* not sure if that's an actual place, but it should be!

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:57 pm

I heard it was Roberts cardiovascular endurance. He wasn't in game shape. :wink:

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:43 am

I think Kyle said what he did because he knows his father is gone next year and he's trying to save his job.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:53 pm

This will come as a bit of a surprise for some here … :D

it seems that Mike is kind of hoping that Kirk Cousins might play well enough to entice someone to give us a nice draft pick … :shock:

that does NOT sound like a HC who is not interested in helping this franchise …

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-foo ... round-pick

I'm sure that there are some that will spin this to show how wrong that thought is :D
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "He has the ability and the desire, he just has to do it.” - J Gruden

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:01 pm

I am sure Cousins will bring us a first round pick behind this offensive line. :^o

Lets watch the game first. I think you will see Cousins do some things better until he gets knocked around a bit. Then you will see the same results or worse. How can you turn that into a high pick?

I am hoping for the best, but if the root is bad the flowers wont bloom.

Maybe you meant a pick higher than we got him? Anything is possible.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:40 pm

I'm sure the naysayers won't agree but …. this is a win win for me … If Kirk does great for the rest of the season we might trade him …

If Kirk does not do well here - we still have a really good back up QB

Hog

Postby ArlingtonSkinsFan » Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:18 pm

SkinsJock wrote:I'm sure the naysayers won't agree but …. this is a win win for me … If Kirk does great for the rest of the season we might trade him …

If Kirk does not do well here - we still have a really good back up QB

What makes him a really good backup QB if when given the opportunity to play he "does not do well here"??

IMO, everyone is giving Cousins waaay too much credit for a guy who hasn't proven a whole lot yet...
"I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious." -Vince Lombardi

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:37 pm

There are some here that think that Kirk Cousins might even be better than Robert and you want to say he has not proven anything … :D

we all saw some evidence (both last year and in the pre season - maybe you discount that for some reason) of Kirk's ability - he looks like he could be a decent QB

I kind of like him being our back up - I also want to piss off all these fans here that think that something insidious is going on here

many fans think that Mike has given up on this team and his players - that is BS IMO

Hog

Postby ArlingtonSkinsFan » Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:46 pm

Evidence in the pre-season? You sure you're not talking about Colt Brennan? Oh wait, he beat the Browns? Great. Look, I'm not saying he can't be good, but he isn't even a "great backup" until he fills in and does well over a larger sample of games. I do definitely agree about Shanahan's decision: it was the right one. Why not try to increase Kirk's trade value now that the season is lost. Why not try to humble Robert a bit? What is the harm? This is football, not kindergarten. Let's stop worrying about our QB's precious ego being hurt and get to next season in the best possible situation. IMO, that means playing Kirk for now.
"I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious." -Vince Lombardi

Postby redskinz4ever » Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:58 pm

just a thought .... shanny is trying to get the last laugh follow me for a second ...... cousins plays out season shanny gets fired ..... houston hires shanny .... shanny trades for cousins same system in place already .... just a thought.
TOUCHDOWN .....WASHINGTON REDSKINS !!!!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football