RG3 - Facts and BS - the final 3 weeks

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
CKRGiii

Re: RG3 status for the season

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:57 pm

Shanny is still here?? Lol
Cousins gets hit just as much as griff.. or he makes a quick throw to the wrong team.. not a great way to build his stock that's for sures
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:02 pm

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:Shanny is still here?? Lol
Cousins gets hit just as much as griff.. or he makes a quick throw to the wrong team.. not a great way to build his stock that's for sures

LMAO!! Now they get to see the guy who is slower on his feet behind that great Oline. Seeing is believing I guess.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:23 pm

it really is amazing isn't it? despite all the fuss and claims that Mike would not be here, NO WAY :lol:

- things are NOT GOOD here but they are NOWHERE NEAR as bad as many make them to be

- Mike Shanahan is nowhere near as bad as many make him out to be - he's not a great HC but he has helped this franchise

- Mike has NOT lost this locker room or his team as many have intimated - Santana Moss has strongly refuted that today

- Kirk Cousins is a very good back up QB but he sure is not close to being as good a starting QB as Robert
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL

Currently 50-41

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:28 pm

SkinsJock wrote:

it really is amazing isn't it? despite all the fuss and claims that Mike would not be here, NO WAY :lol:

- things are NOT GOOD here but they are NOWHERE NEAR as bad as many make them to be

- Mike Shanahan is nowhere near as bad as many make him out to be - he's not a great HC but he has helped this franchise

- Mike has NOT lost this locker room or his team as many have intimated - Santana Moss has strongly refuted that today

- Kirk Cousins is a very good back up QB but he sure is not close to being as good a starting QB as Robert

Moss is a great Redskin. He is at the end of the road, but he always has been a great Redskin. What should he have said?

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:37 pm

I think that there's a lot going on but I also feel that ANY news or rumors about the Redskins is NEARLY ALWAYS blown way out of proportion
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL

Currently 50-41

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:40 pm

SkinsJock wrote:I think that there's a lot going on but I also feel that ANY news or rumors about the Redskins is NEARLY ALWAYS blown way out of proportion

Now that I am calming down a bit I see your right on that. I just hope the leaks and stuff stop. That was unreal. Hard to forget but maybe forgive one day.

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:23 pm

What's Shanahan to do now? He's already made it clear that he's thinking about shutting down Griffin for the remainder of the year. I'd be very surprised if he were to come out Wednesday and say, "Oh yeah forget all that stuff I said about his health...he's starting on Sunday."

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:31 pm

StorminMormon86 wrote:What's Shanahan to do now? He's already made it clear that he's thinking about shutting down Griffin for the remainder of the year. I'd be very surprised if he were to come out Wednesday and say, "Oh yeah forget all that stuff I said about his health...he's starting on Sunday."

I wouldn't be surprised. Did you hear the press conference? He was noncommittal and just trying to tell the reporters what the thought process looks like.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:38 pm

Yes Mike is doing
best interest in the organization
I am sure he will look out for the Redskins from here on out. ](*,)

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:48 pm

I wonder what what happens if Robert is started and he is yanked out. I would guess that is why Shanahan said what he did.

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:56 pm

Ftr mike HAS done a lot of good.. he seems to be done here, not because of the beating our team took but because he has given up as a coach. We need an energetic leader... Look at seatle or the harbarough bros, u can't possibly say you don't want that here.
At this point its fanned if you do damned if u don't starting rgiii.. he could use the exp but not at the price of injury. Course if cousins gets killed then its double damned
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:51 pm

I'm genuinely curious...for those who want to stick with Griffin for the last three games I ask one simple question: why? For all intents and purposes Shanny and Co. are gone by next year (maybe even before the year is through) so what is three meaningless games going to do to help develop Griffin in a system that he won't even be using next year!? You also run the risk of getting him injured, and as Mike pointed out in the presser, you don't want your franchise QB to go through another offseason with no OTAs, practices, etc. It just makes absolutely no sense to play Griffin from here on out. Shanny's real motives aside, playing Cousins is the correct thing to do for this team.

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:56 pm

StorminMormon86 wrote:I'm genuinely curious...for those who want to stick with Griffin for the last three games I ask one simple question: why? For all intents and purposes Shanny and Co. are gone by next year (maybe even before the year is through) so what is three meaningless games going to do to help develop Griffin in a system that he won't even be using next year!? You also run the risk of getting him injured, and as Mike pointed out in the presser, you don't want your franchise QB to go through another offseason with no OTAs, practices, etc. It just makes absolutely no sense to play Griffin from here on out. Shanny's real motives aside, playing Cousins is the correct thing to do for this team.

At this point it doesn't matter. It used to be because we wanted Robert to get better in the pocket and learn. Next year different guy. Go ahead, give it to Cousins. See what happens.

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:44 am

StorminMormon86 wrote:I'm genuinely curious...for those who want to stick with Griffin for the last three games I ask one simple question: why?

Reps.

For all intents and purposes Shanny and Co. are gone by next year (maybe even before the year is through) so what is three meaningless games going to do to help develop Griffin in a system that he won't even be using next year!? You also run the risk of getting him injured, and as Mike pointed out in the presser, you don't want your franchise QB to go through another offseason with no OTAs, practices, etc.

If there is a greater than normal risk of injury, then yes, I think you sit Griffin. (Probably that's going to be the case.) But otherwise, all that stuff about scheme doesn't really matter. Reps are good to have.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:55 am

StorminMormon86 wrote:I'm genuinely curious...for those who want to stick with Griffin for the last three games I ask one simple question: why? For all intents and purposes Shanny and Co. are gone by next year (maybe even before the year is through) so what is three meaningless games going to do to help develop Griffin in a system that he won't even be using next year!? You also run the risk of getting him injured, and as Mike pointed out in the presser, you don't want your franchise QB to go through another offseason with no OTAs, practices, etc. It just makes absolutely no sense to play Griffin from here on out. Shanny's real motives aside, playing Cousins is the correct thing to do for this team.

It's not just developing him in this system. You can look at these as pre-season games. They aren't going to help the team, but the players still get the game experience. The more Robert plays, the better he will get at reading defenses, developing pocket presence, and just slowing down the game in general. I say play him. Yes, he might get injured, but that could happen in any game at any time, and unless he blows out the knee again, he has four months to recover from an injury before OTAs even begin. Start him, and if things are looking bad or we get a huge lead ( :shock: ), then you pull him later in the game.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football