RG3 - Facts and BS - the final 3 weeks

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1103
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:23 pm
Location: Pasadena, MD

Re: RG3 status for the season

Postby StorminMormon86 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:16 am

I would like to keep Cousins until his contract is up. Trading him before then would be foolish, IMO.

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 15881
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Re: RG3 status for the season

Postby Deadskins » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:17 am

everydayAskinsday wrote:The positive view some of you take on this whole fiasco amazes me. I truly wish I had your outlook, I really do. I am not generally one to doom and gloom but things are getting ugly fast.

When in the history of the NFL has a team benched its prized franchise QB ( especially one still learning/ developing ) for fear of injury because the season was "lost" and they were just playing out the string? I have been trying to think of just one instance and I can come up with nothing. If anyone does know please share because maybe it will help me to understand. All I am able to come up with is a team who has secured a playoff bye resting starters and that is no where close to being the same situation. This benching of RG3 for whatever the reason may be is going to cause a lot more harm then good IMO, both in RG3's confidence and the locker room. I just dont see how anything positive can come from this...

I say this as one of the people who felt that RG3 needed to be humbled and felt his ego was getting the best of him but it has gone from maybe needing a wake up call and learning to be a better leader to possibly ruining the kids future here in DC. I know some of you feel this is a chance to showcase Kirk and possibly get a better draft pick out of him but who says the team is even trading him.. If RG3 is so injury prone that we need to protect him by sitting him these last 3 games, then we certainly need someone like Cousins ready to step in at a moments notice. So we cant trade the kid and now we are creating a possible QB controversy and a split locker room. You are risking losing the player you invested soo much in and getting nothing in return or not near the same value we gave up. My 2 cents

I really hope the powers that be know what they are doing and that all of you with the positive view on this matter are right!

The closest I can come is Andy Reid benching Vick last year to go with Foles, but that's also not really the same situation because Vick is getting up there in years, and has many more injuries than RGIII.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

08 Champ
Posts: 13051
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Re: RG3 status for the season

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:07 am

BTW - Mike's tenure here is most likely over at the end of this season no matter what happens with these next 3 games

THAT happens whether Cousins plays great at QB or not and whether the Redskins win 3 games or lose all 3

Mike is most likely gone - the QB change (if it happens) has nothing to do with Mike staying or leaving
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

RG3 will benefit from having a full off season to prepare and a better 'fit' at both HC and OC

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 15881
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Re: RG3 status for the season

Postby Deadskins » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:20 am

SkinsJock wrote:Mike is most likely gone - the QB change (if it happens) has nothing to do with Mike staying or leaving

But it has something to do with how he leaves. :evil:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1924
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:36 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: RG3 status for the season

Postby emoses14 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:31 am

Deadskins wrote:I'm going to the Falcons' game. I want to see RGIII play. I obviously don't want him to get hurt, but I don't think you can just sit him, either. Let him start, and see how it goes. If we are going down in flames again, then by all means, let others play. This just seems spiteful to me. Especially if RGIII and the Danny really do have a relationship that irritates Shanny.


I cannot tell you how pissed off I am right now. Its bad enough that I have avoided the NFL for 4 weeks because my team is playing like a cricket team in pads, but now NOW this ;furious; shannahan decides to pull the only player my daughter (who is going to the game with me) wants to see (she's 4)! I don't believe not one report about a rift, between qb coach owner or any combination thereof. This is all just the result of a 3-10 campaign, when you stink [expletive] floats to the surface. But yeah, deciding to sit him when you're playing the 3-10 falcons makes no sense, despite my obvious selfish reasons for being pissed off.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Hog
Posts: 2095
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:05 pm
Location: Midland, VA

Re: RG3 status for the season

Postby Kilmer72 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:37 am

emoses14 wrote:
Deadskins wrote:I'm going to the Falcons' game. I want to see RGIII play. I obviously don't want him to get hurt, but I don't think you can just sit him, either. Let him start, and see how it goes. If we are going down in flames again, then by all means, let others play. This just seems spiteful to me. Especially if RGIII and the Danny really do have a relationship that irritates Shanny.


I cannot tell you how pissed off I am right now. Its bad enough that I have avoided the NFL for 4 weeks because my team is playing like a cricket team in pads, but now NOW this ;furious; shannahan decides to pull the only player my daughter (who is going to the game with me) wants to see (she's 4)! I don't believe not one report about a rift, between qb coach owner or any combination thereof. This is all just the result of a 3-10 campaign, when you stink [expletive] floats to the surface. But yeah, deciding to sit him when you're playing the 3-10 falcons makes no sense, despite my obvious selfish reasons for being pissed off.


This isn't about RG3. This is about Mike trying to get fired. If he plays Cousins he is trying to put a hurting on Dans wallet and get fired and get paid. If you think there is no rift then I am not sure what else anyone can say.

08 Champ
Posts: 13051
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Re: RG3 status for the season

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:41 am

not being able to see one of the most exciting QBs of our time is a bummer
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

RG3 will benefit from having a full off season to prepare and a better 'fit' at both HC and OC

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1639
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:44 am
Location: Houston, TX

Re: RG3 status for the season

Postby markshark84 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:52 am

Kilmer72 wrote:
emoses14 wrote:
Deadskins wrote:I'm going to the Falcons' game. I want to see RGIII play. I obviously don't want him to get hurt, but I don't think you can just sit him, either. Let him start, and see how it goes. If we are going down in flames again, then by all means, let others play. This just seems spiteful to me. Especially if RGIII and the Danny really do have a relationship that irritates Shanny.


I cannot tell you how pissed off I am right now. Its bad enough that I have avoided the NFL for 4 weeks because my team is playing like a cricket team in pads, but now NOW this ;furious; shannahan decides to pull the only player my daughter (who is going to the game with me) wants to see (she's 4)! I don't believe not one report about a rift, between qb coach owner or any combination thereof. This is all just the result of a 3-10 campaign, when you stink [expletive] floats to the surface. But yeah, deciding to sit him when you're playing the 3-10 falcons makes no sense, despite my obvious selfish reasons for being pissed off.


This isn't about RG3. This is about Mike trying to get fired. If he plays Cousins he is trying to put a hurting on Dans wallet and get fired and get paid. If you think there is no rift then I am not sure what else anyone can say.


I also think MS is doing this to say "F you" to Snyder's relationship with RGIII. MS knows that Snyder favors RGIII and knows that benching RGIII will make Snyder that much more upset. While I don't understand from a football perspective why MS would bench RGIII, I do find some enjoyment in the fact I know Snyder is mad but can't do a thing about it.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1103
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:23 pm
Location: Pasadena, MD

Re: RG3 status for the season

Postby StorminMormon86 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:57 am

Chris Cooley said on the radio that this is a smart move. He said Griffin continues to regress each week, and that if you continue to play him these last three games it's going to completely destroy what little confidence he has left. I'm still amazed how much people love Griffin more than the team as a whole.

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1639
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:44 am
Location: Houston, TX

Re: RG3 status for the season

Postby markshark84 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:09 pm

StorminMormon86 wrote:Chris Cooley said on the radio that this is a smart move. He said Griffin continues to regress each week, and that if you continue to play him these last three games it's going to completely destroy what little confidence he has left. I'm still amazed how much people love Griffin more than the team as a whole.


Yeah, I was listening to that on the way to work. I was pretty disappointed with Chris' reponse. He took on the form of Larry Michael and sounded like one of the redskins' trained monkeys that spouts out their propaganda. You don't bench players to IMPROVE their confidence :roll: ---- any NFL player (including Chris) KNOWS that. Get real.

Also, I don't think people love RGIII more than the team; I just think people still see RGIII as the savior to the franchise (and therefore invest more in him). My personal interest is only with the skins. If RGIII doesn't perform next year, I'll want him gone.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

SCskinsFan
Posts: 5352
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2005 9:16 am
Location: Summerville, SC

Re: RG3 status for the season

Postby SCSkinsFan » Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:46 pm

Status? Inactive beginning Sunday. Not even the backup. That will be Sexy Rexy. And people were shocked at how empty the stadium was Sunday. Wonder how many will show up now? Is the Apocalypse near? The sky has truly fallen. But who knows what can happen?
Captain Kirk to the Enterprise, "Beam me up Scottie. I've got new worlds to conquer!"
Skins fan Stuck in Panther land

---
User avatar
Posts: 18570
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2003 12:55 pm
Location: AJT

Re: RG3 status for the season

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:15 pm

markshark84 wrote:
StorminMormon86 wrote:Chris Cooley said on the radio that this is a smart move. He said Griffin continues to regress each week, and that if you continue to play him these last three games it's going to completely destroy what little confidence he has left. I'm still amazed how much people love Griffin more than the team as a whole.


Yeah, I was listening to that on the way to work. I was pretty disappointed with Chris' reponse. He took on the form of Larry Michael and sounded like one of the redskins' trained monkeys that spouts out their propaganda. You don't bench players to IMPROVE their confidence :roll: ---- any NFL player (including Chris) KNOWS that. Get real.

Also, I don't think people love RGIII more than the team; I just think people still see RGIII as the savior to the franchise (and therefore invest more in him). My personal interest is only with the skins. If RGIII doesn't perform next year, I'll want him gone.


Cooley was stating that it's a good idea because Robert is developing horrible habits that will be hard to break. He specifically mentioned Roberts penchant to jump when he throws passes. He brought up Roberts terrible footwork. These are things that are worked on during the offseason. I'm not saying I agree with the decision, but wanted to properly characterize his stance.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 15881
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Re: RG3 status for the season

Postby Deadskins » Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:17 pm

markshark84 wrote:I do find some enjoyment in the fact I know Snyder is mad but can't do a thing about it.

He could fire Shanahan. Just sayin'
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 15881
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Re: RG3 status for the season

Postby Deadskins » Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:20 pm

StorminMormon86 wrote:I'm still amazed how much people love Griffin more than the team as a whole.

What people? Just because you disagree that sitting him is the best move, you love Griffin more than the team?
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

piggie
User avatar
Posts: 135
Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:43 pm

Re: RG3 status for the season

Postby OldSchool » Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:45 pm

I don't want to get my hopes too high and expect Griffin to be benched for the duration of the year but I hope it happens. I don't really know if Cousins would do better but I have hope. Cousins seems to decide and release a lot faster than Griffin, maybe he can get the offense going and win a game. It would be nice to see them win have some Sunday for a change.
********************************* Spoiler Alert **************************************

"Robert has to learn the new system!" Will be the party line in 2014

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football