Playing Out The String

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Re: Playing Out The String

Postby StorminMormon86 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:10 pm

markshark84 wrote:
StorminMormon86 wrote:I think we'll see something similar to the Cleveland game. Cousins will start off shaky (kind of how he's looked in the mop up work this year), but once he gets into a groove, he'll do just fine.

So basically you're saying we'll see the absolute best case scenario, correct?

After all KC did throw from 300+ and 2 TDs all while putting up 38 points. That would tie the best offensive output this team has put up this year.

While I would love to say we'll see the absolute best case scenario, I doubt it. And if we did and this continued over the next 2 games, we'd have a full on QB controversy in DC.

I'm not saying Cousins is going to put up the same numbers he did against Cleveland. I just think the guy needs time (other than mop up work) to really get into a rhythm and show what he can do.

He's almost like Grossman reversed, IMO. Against Cleveland he came in and threw the pick and the people I was watching with kept saying "Oh God another Grossman...Cousins sucks!" But then he settled down and played excellent. Grossman would look elite for a quarter and then turn into the Rex we all know and (don't) love.

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:12 pm

SkinsJock wrote:CLEARLY Robert has way more upside than Kirk as a QB - that's why the Redskins are trying so hard to help him be as good as he can be

In all honesty, we don't know that for sure. The Skins are trying so hard to help him excel because of the amount of picks we gave up to get him.

I am glad that Griffin, despite looking depressed (who could blame him), handled himself well in the presser and said he was going to be there for Cousins.

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:36 pm

StorminMormon86 wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:CLEARLY Robert has way more upside than Kirk as a QB - that's why the Redskins are trying so hard to help him be as good as he can be

In all honesty, we don't know that for sure. The Skins are trying so hard to help him excel because of the amount of picks we gave up to get him.

I am glad that Griffin, despite looking depressed (who could blame him), handled himself well in the presser and said he was going to be there for Cousins.

We all saw Robert make rookie of the year. Obviously it was just his first year. That alone should show his potential. Hard to top that.

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:40 am

Any chance Shanny is bolstering his position as top dog while showcasing Kirk Cousins?

Redskins coach Mike Shanahan strongly hinted at the organization's intentions Friday, telling reporters (via WTEM-AM) that "maybe we can bring a first-round pick (back)" if Cousins shines in Washington's final three games.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:41 pm

Mike is doing what he thinks is best for the franchise long term

and

what he thinks gives the team a best chance at winning this game

there is so much BS reporting and hypothesizing surrounding this franchise but that is just the way it is here

Mike and the Redskins brought in Kirk Cousins BECAUSE he was available and they felt he was the best player available - THAT IS IT

people just love to make stuff up about our franchise - that will not change no matter who is coaching here
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "He has the ability and the desire, he just has to do it.” - J Gruden

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:38 am

What team would surrender a first round pick for Cousins? I know we have retards from the owner on down, but no way we get a 1st. MAYBE just MAYBE a mid to late round second. No other organization is as pathetic nor as retarded as the Washington Redskins..... =D> =D>

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:48 am

It would be foolish to trade away Cousins.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:44 am

DaSkinz Baby wrote:What team would surrender a first round pick for Cousins? I know we have retards from the owner on down, but no way we get a 1st. MAYBE just MAYBE a mid to late round second. No other organization is as pathetic nor as retarded as the Washington Redskins..... =D> =D>

If history has taught us anything, it's that every team is looking for that QB to build a franchise around, and a first round pick is a small price to pay if you think you can get that guy.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:55 am

Deadskins wrote:
DaSkinz Baby wrote:What team would surrender a first round pick for Cousins? I know we have retards from the owner on down, but no way we get a 1st. MAYBE just MAYBE a mid to late round second. No other organization is as pathetic nor as retarded as the Washington Redskins.....

If history has taught us anything, it's that every team is looking for that QB to build a franchise around, and a first round pick is a small price to pay if you think you can get that guy.

a good NFL QB is worth a top pick and maybe even more - an argument could be made that Cousins is more valuable to the Redskins than that too
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "He has the ability and the desire, he just has to do it.” - J Gruden

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:21 pm

This team has 2 viable options at QB at this point. I don't see how having both Cousins and Griffin on the same roster would be a problem at all. Who cares if there's a controversy?

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:29 pm

StorminMormon86 wrote:This team has 2 viable options at QB at this point. I don't see how having both Cousins and Griffin on the same roster would be a problem at all. Who cares if there's a controversy?

exactly - and there won't be a controversy if Robert gets his act together this off season and is ready to be the starting QB next season

problem solved - we have our QBs now all we need are ….. :D

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:24 pm

DaSkinz Baby wrote:What team would surrender a first round pick for Cousins? I know we have retards from the owner on down, but no way we get a 1st. MAYBE just MAYBE a mid to late round second.

I agree with some of the comments that a QB is worth a first rounder, but there's more to it than that. This is a pretty good look at draft order/needs right now:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200000 ... l-32-teams

Most of the teams who need a QB have top 10 picks. They can draft one of the top QBs out of college. The teams in the mid - late first round are set at QB for the most part.

KC could very well be worth a first rounder, but not sure the deal would be there.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:30 pm

riggofan wrote:
DaSkinz Baby wrote:What team would surrender a first round pick for Cousins? I know we have retards from the owner on down, but no way we get a 1st. MAYBE just MAYBE a mid to late round second.

I agree with some of the comments that a QB is worth a first rounder, but there's more to it than that. This is a pretty good look at draft order/needs right now:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200000 ... l-32-teams

Most of the teams who need a QB have top 10 picks. They can draft one of the top QBs out of college. The teams in the mid - late first round are set at QB for the most part.

KC could very well be worth a first rounder, but not sure the deal would be there.

Why draft an unproven college QB when you can trade for a sure thing just two years removed from college?
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football