Operation Patience

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
DarthMonk

Operation Patience

Postby DarthMonk » Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:57 pm

What was this all about and what the heck happened?

More like Operation Rush Back.

:hmm: :hmm:
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Hog

Re: Operation Patience

Postby Kilmer72 » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:04 pm

DarthMonk wrote:What was this all about and what the heck happened?

More like Operation Rush Back.

:hmm: :hmm:

He has been through this before. Maybe he meant for all of us to have patience. Maybe he knew he wouldn't be the same guy this year. Arrogance is a different story.

Hog

Re: Operation Patience

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:29 am

He's very competitive to a fault; his greatest strength and greatest weakness.

My belief is that he wanted to beat AP`s recovery time and get back into the game. Think about the documentary they made of him where he walks in the weight room and sees the strong man numbers for another player. As soon as he read it, he had a brief preoccupation with beating it (and he soon did).

I also feel his rush back was simply due to him wanting to come back to the game. He loves to play, and he loves having a fanbase (as should any player).

However, all of these things blinds an ambitious person and risks setbacks.

I still don't feel passionately about RG3`s return time as either good or bad; just that the attitude was get healthy as fast as possible, as opposed to getting thoroughly healthy without any wasted time. Both of these look the same in action, but speedy health, as we've seen this year, leads to more mental mistakes. Thankfully for Robert, it didn't lead to another physical set back. His knee seems fine to do what he does, but his mind is still broken...for now.

Robert will be fine. He needed his ass kicked this year to keep his heart in the right place. The true character of a fighter is revealed (and built) not after many victories, but rather coming back from an embarrassing loss. This season will ultimately strengthen him.

We need to be prepared for the possibility of next year being more of the same. I am tired of waiting as well, but I want Robert to grow thoroughly as our guy, not just quick patches that don't hold.

He will get there.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football