Redskins at Falcons - Game Day Thread

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Re: Redskins at Falcons - Game Day Thread

Postby Neo » Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:40 am

Countertrey wrote:
Neo wrote: Well I'm sold, lets just mirror a similar scheme.

I think we will pick up a great WR or two next year, but if Shanahan is still our HC, I'm not too sure he will do anything about the line. That's what I can't get my head around about MS...he doesn't see the line as being a major issue.
Won't happen... you much first start by building "The Hogs"... Shanahan is wed to his zone blocking scheme, with light, athletic linemen... The Hogs will never be reproduced under his watch...
Unfortunately, it is exactly that kind of OL that would give Bob the confidence to work on his pocket skills: work on reading his progressions... read defenses... set blocking assignments... focus on unfamiliar mechanics... and, most importantly, to slow the game down.

I like your logic. I mean its rare to see a QB do consistently well who's constantly under pressure.

Just a pipe dream, but I'd love to see Russ Grimm as our line coach. Agreeing with what you said above, I think he & MS are completely incompatible though.

Your post brings back some good memories.
"I'm trying to be as honest as I can; I don't normally do that." -Mike Shanahan

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:02 am

Redskin in Canada wrote:This game was about showcasing Kirk Cousins. From that perspective, it was a success

I concur.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:48 am

to have a chance to win the game at the end after all those turnovers was a good thing ….
It's taken years for the Redskins to become as bad as we are - there is no way that the team is going to be consistently competitive in the near future, the problems here are complex - unfortunately with Dan Snyder, it is what it is

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:49 am

SkinsJock wrote:to have a chance to win the game at the end after all those turnovers was a good thing ….

Exactly. A breath of fresh air.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football