Kyle Doesn't Want to Work with Mike Anymore

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
08 Champ

Re: Kyle Doesn't Want to Work with Mike Anymore

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:24 pm

no worries mate - I kind of thought that was the case

the Redskins have forever been a 'target' of the local media and Dan certainly did not help much by basically taking away all of the Washington Posts free passes

there are many DC reporters that will throw as much stuff as they can at the wall and hope that it 'sticks' and they can 'claim' ownership

most all of this 'reporting' about Dan and Mike is IMHO complete BS and is fueled by a 3 win season in 14 games
The Redskins need to change to improve - we need a better GM and we need to do a better job of who we bring in to coach and play here - players and coaches need to be held accountable when they do not do their jobs well

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:14 pm

Tweet from Mike's presser today:

#Redskins Mike Shanahan: Perhaps this is innocent (or not) - but he has mentioned Gary Kubiak twice today in the last five minutes.
— Chris Russell (@Russellmania980) December 16, 2013

Bye Kyle, hello Gary? hah.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"That's all you want? Three ones and a two?.... I said, 'Dan, game on.'" - Vinny
"You can't do epic **** with basic people." - DJax

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:25 pm

I'm predicting right now that Mike will be back next year, with Kubiak as the OC. I honestly think Snyder will give him an ultimatum type thing: fire the majority of your staff and you can return.

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:08 pm

StorminMormon86 wrote:I'm predicting right now that Mike will be back next year, with Kubiak as the OC. I honestly think Snyder will give him an ultimatum type thing: fire the majority of your staff and you can return.

This name is floating around too http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/ear ... ll-obrien/

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:37 pm

It seems that despite all the BS reports to the contrary Dan and Mike don't have near the problem with each other

this according to our Sonny …
During Sunday's pregame show, former Redskins quarterback and current broadcaster Sonny Jurgensen said he expects Shanahan to return in 2014.
"Do you have anybody in mind?" Jurgensen asked (via Sports Bog). "Who are you going to bring in? No, I don't think it's a done deal by any means. I think that [Snyder and Shanahan] will sit down and talk. I was talking with Dan yesterday about it, and he likes Mike Shanahan. He does. They play golf together. They get along. There's no problems there. Yes, they will sit down and talk about what they're doing and who they're doing it with. …"

the media must hate him for spreading lies and complete falsehoods like this

this is just Sonny's opinion mind you but I think he has a better handle on things than any of the press guys :D
The Redskins need to change to improve - we need a better GM and we need to do a better job of who we bring in to coach and play here - players and coaches need to be held accountable when they do not do their jobs well

Hog

Postby Neo » Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:29 am

Mississippi Hog wrote:When Peyton retires he will have $$$ thrown at him from all the networks. Everyone will want him as an analyst. I think there will be equal interest in him as an Offensive Coordinator. He already pretty much does that on the field. OC for a couple of years, and then straight to a head coach.

Great thoughts.

I think his love for the game might sway him to coach (closer to the action). I suppose it would all depend on where he's at energy wise.

He'd do well in either situation I think. Starting at OC, as you said, would be a great start for him.
"I'm trying to be as honest as I can; I don't normally do that." -Mike Shanahan

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:49 am

I doubt he starts at OC right away. He'd probably be a QB coach for a few years first. If he goes into coaching at all.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:32 am

Deadskins wrote:I doubt he starts at OC right away. He'd probably be a QB coach for a few years first. If he goes into coaching at all.

IMO it's going to be whatever gets him some 'air time' first

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:06 am

Jesus this is irritating. First it was the cap penalty and people were defending the Shanahan's this year. Then the report "leaked" out that Shanahan wanted to quit last year and about a 1/3 of the fanbase wanted him gone immediately. Then he benched Griffin in favor of Cousins and virtually everyone wanted him gone. Now people are ready to have him back as long as his staff his cleaned out? God I love this fanbase.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:19 am

:shock: some of us are not interested in just changing because we don't like the way Mike coaches or runs things

when I look at the big picture - who would I bring in here and at what cost - IMO the best thing for this franchise is to have Mike & this FO for another year

it's not about the money owed to Mike - it's about the amount of change that a new HC and maybe a new FO will bring

that is not the best thing for this franchise - we need some new coaches and maybe a new personnel/GM guy as this is not Mike or Bruce's strong suit

as far as Kyle is concerned the only question is if he and Robert have trust and a good relationship, I hope he stays

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:58 am

StorminMormon86 wrote:Jesus this is irritating. First it was the cap penalty and people were defending the Shanahan's this year. Then the report "leaked" out that Shanahan wanted to quit last year and about a 1/3 of the fanbase wanted him gone immediately. Then he benched Griffin in favor of Cousins and virtually everyone wanted him gone. Now people are ready to have him back as long as his staff his cleaned out? God I love this fanbase.

You have to weight options. In the NFL, you don't just fire someone if you don't have a replacement ready to go. Danny boy has to determine whether there is anyone else out there better than MS.

And as far as the staff -- we have one of the worst defenses and special teams in the NFL. If MS stays, both those unit leaders have to go. I'm not sure how this is crazy to you.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

**ch44

Postby chiefhog44 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:26 am

StorminMormon86 wrote:I'm predicting right now that Mike will be back next year, with Kubiak as the OC. I honestly think Snyder will give him an ultimatum type thing: fire the majority of your staff and you can return.

Tap the breaks on your prediction. You heard it from me first bro

Re: Don't Fire Shanahan
by chiefhog44 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:54 pm

Gonna add to my prediction of Mike being here. Kubiack and Wade Phillips are brought in to right the ship

And while I'm rubbing my ball, I'm gonna predict that Cousins is traded to Cleveland for Josh Gordan.
Miss you 21

12/17/09 - Ding Dong the Witch is Dead...Which Old Witch? The Wicked Witch.

1/6/10 - The start of a new era

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:08 pm

chiefhog44 wrote:Kubiack and Wade Phillips are brought in to right the ship

I'd go for that.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby riggofan » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:16 pm

Deadskins wrote:
chiefhog44 wrote:Kubiack and Wade Phillips are brought in to right the ship

I'd go for that.

Yeah I had not considered Wade Phillips as an option, but I would be all over that too.

My only concern about the D-coord stuff though is even with a guy like Wade Phillips who you know can coach a defense, we have a LOT of holes to fill on this defense in the 4-3. Is it salvageable and how long will it take?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"That's all you want? Three ones and a two?.... I said, 'Dan, game on.'" - Vinny

Hog

Postby riggofan » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:25 pm

StorminMormon86 wrote:Jesus this is irritating. First it was the cap penalty and people were defending the Shanahan's this year. Then the report "leaked" out that Shanahan wanted to quit last year and about a 1/3 of the fanbase wanted him gone immediately. Then he benched Griffin in favor of Cousins and virtually everyone wanted him gone. Now people are ready to have him back as long as his staff his cleaned out? God I love this fanbase.

I hear what you're saying. Part of the problem though is that fans are just reacting to all of this crap floating around out there. None of us really know what is going on behind the scenes, what is true, etc; And the story changes pretty much every day.

As far as being ready to have Shanahan back, I think its more about what would it take for you to live with having him back next year? Not like we have any say in the matter. I've defended Shanahan a lot this year, but I've definitely been ready to see him gone since these reports first started leaking. If he's really trying to quit on the team and bank $7m for doing nothing, then I have no use for him.

If he does intend to return though and Snyder will have him back, what then? What is the best possible scenario for the team next year with Mike Shanahan back as head coach? I think that is what we're talking about with cleaning the staff out. Completely new staff, HUGE amount of cap space in the offseason, fill some holes in the draft, and a healthy off season to get RGIII ready... would that give Shanahan a realistic chance to turn this around next year?

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football