Kyle Doesn't Want to Work with Mike Anymore

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
JSPB22

Re: Kyle Doesn't Want to Work with Mike Anymore

Postby Deadskins » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:38 pm

riggofan wrote:
Deadskins wrote:
chiefhog44 wrote:Kubiack and Wade Phillips are brought in to right the ship

I'd go for that.

Yeah I had not considered Wade Phillips as an option, but I would be all over that too.

My only concern about the D-coord stuff though is even with a guy like Wade Phillips who you know can coach a defense, we have a LOT of holes to fill on this defense in the 4-3. Is it salvageable and how long will it take?

3-4 not 4-3
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby riggofan » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:44 pm

Deadskins wrote:3-4 not 4-3

Thanks, yes!

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:18 am

riggofan wrote:If he does intend to return though and Snyder will have him back, what then? What is the best possible scenario for the team next year with Mike Shanahan back as head coach? I think that is what we're talking about with cleaning the staff out. Completely new staff, HUGE amount of cap space in the offseason, fill some holes in the draft, and a healthy off season to get RGIII ready to compete for the starting job with Cousins... would that give Shanahan a realistic chance to turn this around next year?

Fixed that for you... :lol:

Hog

Postby riggofan » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:03 am

StorminMormon86 wrote:
riggofan wrote:If he does intend to return though and Snyder will have him back, what then? What is the best possible scenario for the team next year with Mike Shanahan back as head coach? I think that is what we're talking about with cleaning the staff out. Completely new staff, HUGE amount of cap space in the offseason, fill some holes in the draft, and a healthy off season to get RGIII ready to compete for the starting job with Cousins... would that give Shanahan a realistic chance to turn this around next year?

Fixed that for you... :lol:

No problem with that! I would hope a strong finish this season from Cousins provides a lot of competition and motivation for RGIII.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:11 am

riggofan wrote:If he does intend to return though and Snyder will have him back, what then? What is the best possible scenario for the team next year with Mike Shanahan back as head coach? I think that is what we're talking about with cleaning the staff out. Completely new staff, HUGE amount of cap space in the offseason, fill some holes in the draft, and a healthy off season to get RGIII ready …
THAT WOULD GIVE Shanahan a realistic chance to turn this around next year
FIXED by JockO

here's what I've been hoping for
Dan wants Mike back and he will continue to support him as he has done despite 'reports' to the contrary

Mike wants another year here - it looks like we're going to just about clean house as far as the coaching staff goes - the only other addition we MIGHT need is to find a GM who is stronger than Bruce and Mike with the personnel side of things - not sure if A.J. Smith might not already be helping them with this ….

Cousins will be staying as we're better off with a good back up QB than adding a player through the draft
actually - I'd be more amenable to trading Cousins for a good starting player than a draft pick
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL

Currently 50-41

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:00 am

riggofan wrote:
Deadskins wrote:
chiefhog44 wrote:Kubiack and Wade Phillips are brought in to right the ship

I'd go for that.

Yeah I had not considered Wade Phillips as an option, but I would be all over that too.

My only concern about the D-coord stuff though is even with a guy like Wade Phillips who you know can coach a defense, we have a LOT of holes to fill on this defense in the 4-3. Is it salvageable and how long will it take?

I've been calling for Phillips as our DC since 2010. He is one of the best DCs in the game.

And the Texans/Phillips runs a 3-4 D.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:37 pm

I could care less about who the DC is or whether we run a 3-4 or a 4-3 …

we need a DC that can manage to game plan for and adjust to whatever offense we're up against - same for the offense

It's not ALL on the DC (or OC) or ALL on the players … the players have to execute on the field what the coaches have had them preparing for all week

Offense OR Defense - the players have to play together what they have practiced and they must make/execute the plays to their best capabilities

NO 'system' or NFL team will be successful if the players do not execute or the coaches don't hold them accountable for their mistakes

we have not seen this franchise play with that same intensity and desire that we saw last season - coaches have to 'pay' for that, you can't get rid of the players
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL

Currently 50-41

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:33 pm

Well here you go. I wonder what will be said about this next week.

Redskins offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan said that he isn’t looking for an opportunity that would enable him to part ways with his father and continue coaching elsewhere.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/foo ... t-coaches/

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:06 am

I'm not sure how well Kyle and Mike get along with all that has happened here … there will be a lot of changes here soon

the most important factor for the franchise is the trust between Robert and his OC and QB coach

Kyle will be back if he and Robert have a good working relationship and trust each other

we'll find out how well these 2 get along in the near future

HAIL

Currently 50-41

Hog

Postby riggofan » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:17 pm

SkinsJock wrote:I'm not sure how well Kyle and Mike get along with all that has happened here … there will be a lot of changes here soon

I don't think these reports necessarily mean Mike and Kyle aren't getting along. Kyle has taken a beating here pretty much every year, and so has Mike for having his son on staff. They could both be in agreement that it hasn't been worth the hit to Kyle's reputation and his ability to get a job in the future. If I were Kyle's dad, I would probably be advising him on how to best protect himself going forward in this situation. Wouldn't you?

When this stuff first started coming out, what I felt Kyle was saying was: I really wanted the opportunity to work with my dad, but I probably should have just stayed in Houston.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:39 pm

riggofan wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:I'm not sure how well Kyle and Mike get along with all that has happened here … there will be a lot of changes here soon

I don't think these reports necessarily mean Mike and Kyle aren't getting along. Kyle has taken a beating here pretty much every year, and so has Mike for having his son on staff. They could both be in agreement that it hasn't been worth the hit to Kyle's reputation and his ability to get a job in the future. If I were Kyle's dad, I would probably be advising him on how to best protect himself going forward in this situation. Wouldn't you?

When this stuff first started coming out, what I felt Kyle was saying was: I really wanted the opportunity to work with my dad, but I probably should have just stayed in Houston.

sorry I mean't that I'm not sure these 2 even want to be here anymore after all that's happened
I do agree that Kyle probably thought this was a good big step up the ladder - he's still young and he'll be OK - he's an OC, he's not HC material yet

the key to Mike and Kyle is this incredible QB we have - he needs to trust his coaches and I'm not sure how that's working out with either of these guys - I do NOT believe the issues that Robert had (or has) are tied to Dan at all - I'm not sure how dedicated Robert was to all that happened since the surgery and getting ready to go again

HAIL

Currently 50-41

Hog

Postby Neo » Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:04 pm

Kilmer72 wrote:Well here you go. I wonder what will be said about this next week.

Redskins offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan said that he isn’t looking for an opportunity that would enable him to part ways with his father and continue coaching elsewhere.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/foo ... t-coaches/

Yet I'm sure the idiots posting these crap articles as facts will be held to zero accountability. :roll:

Some of these "writers" aren't going to be happy until they make the NFL the new Jerry Springer show.

BTW, nice grab Kilmer!
"I'm trying to be as honest as I can; I don't normally do that." -Mike Shanahan

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football