Cousins Is Just Better...

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Re: Cousins Is Just Better...

Postby Kilmer72 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:01 pm

riggofan wrote:
StorminMormon86 wrote:
cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:[If anyone thinks rgiii wouldn't have lit.it up yesterday the. You have a horrible short term memory and forgot what he did against a better dullass d last year.
Rgiii will renew your faith next year... Count on it.

Short term memory? Go look up Griffin's stats against Dallas (same defense Cousins played) from earlier this year. HINT: it's not pretty.

lol. The Cowboys have the 32d ranked defense in the entire league. They're worse than us as unbelievable as that is. I don't think RGIII or KC have much to brag about in either of those games.

This is something I've been thinking a lot about today. All of the RGIII v KC stuff is just so completely irrelevant at this point. People can prefer whichever QB they want, but really making these grand conclusions about either guy based on this season is pointless. The team around them clearly has some big issues. I think we need to wait to see some of those o-line issues, receiver issues, etc; cleaned up before we start talking about trading one of the QBs or getting into a QB drama.

Quit making sense Riggofan. You are ruining all the fun.

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:02 pm

riggofan wrote:This is something I've been thinking a lot about today. All of the RGIII v KC stuff is just so completely irrelevant at this point. People can prefer whichever QB they want, but really making these grand conclusions about either guy based on this season is pointless. The team around them clearly has some big issues. I think we need to wait to see some of those o-line issues, receiver issues, etc; cleaned up before we start talking about trading one of the QBs or getting into a QB drama.

+1,000,000

Agree wholeheartedly with this statement. However, I would still like to see open competition for the spot next year and not have the team handed back to Griffin without one. Both Griffin and Cousins have had struggles this year, but with such a horrible team all around who wouldn't? Griffin missed the offseason, was coming off of an injury, etc. Cousins has only had 3 career starts. Both can (and I hope do) get better. We're lucky to have both, IMO.

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:43 pm

StorminMormon86 wrote:
cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:[If anyone thinks rgiii wouldn't have lit.it up yesterday the. You have a horrible short term memory and forgot what he did against a better dullass d last year.
Rgiii will renew your faith next year... Count on it.

Short term memory? Go look up Griffin's stats against Dallas (same defense Cousins played) from earlier this year. HINT: it's not pretty.

I watched the game doode wtf are you tripn on? Rgiii had a *better game then cousins.. but it wasn't the exact same D. Sean lee wasn't injured, and he is a big part of that d don't even get it twisted. If you think it was the same D then this conversation is over. If you'd like to talk about how many yards rgiii woulda had w his legs then sure I can help w that. He woulda lit it up no doubt in my mind. If you actually READ my reply is referencing last year what he did (vs a better d). Any more questions?
Last edited by cowboykillerzRGiii on Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:46 pm

246 yards passing... And 77 w his legs... He had more total yards then the entire offensive team did yesterday. Great point! Lmmfao yo
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:57 pm

There is no doubt that the starting QB is going to be the 'best' QB - I do not understand why some here are 'hoping' that there's competition for the spot

the starting QB will be the QB that has earned the position and clearly shows that he is the better QB in practice

Robert or Kirk will 'win' the job and will continue to earn the right to remain the starting QB by how they play

the starting QB for 2014 is Robert - if Kirk can clearly show that he is better OR if Robert does not work really hard to show that he's clearly better then he will not be there

what's the worry
It's taken years for the Redskins to become as bad as we are - there is no way that the team is going to be consistently competitive in the near future, the problems here are complex - unfortunately with Dan Snyder, it is what it is

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:04 pm

This thread is a discussion about the back up being better then the starter.. am I not allowed to disagree?

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:10 pm

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:This thread is a discussion about the back up being better then the starter.. am I not allowed to disagree?

Of course you are. I am trying to defend Robert myself. It's crazy to anoint Cousins being better after 1 start and now after 2 it is still crazy. Look who started this thread.

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:29 pm

Kilmer72 wrote:
cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:This thread is a discussion about the back up being better then the starter.. am I not allowed to disagree?

Of course you are. I am trying to defend Robert myself. It's crazy to anoint Cousins being better after 1 start and now after 2 it is still crazy. Look who started this thread.

Ya Ur right... It's a waste of breath. Rgiii will be praised and crucified depending on how the TEAM does. His individual effort was a.s much as anyone could ask for coming off of that injury and missing the valuable off-season. I for one saw progress and areas to improve on... The TEAM, although it appears their level of efforthas been raised, still has the same weaknesses... And will still fail until they are addressed.
*oline is garbage
*we need a wr to compliment garçon
*ilb
*safetys
*special teams is a mess
*coaching across the board needs to improve

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:42 pm

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:
Kilmer72 wrote:

Ya Ur right... It's a waste of breath. Rgiii will be praised and crucified depending on how the TEAM does. His individual effort was a.s much as anyone could ask for coming off of that injury and missing the valuable off-season. I for one saw progress and areas to improve on... The TEAM, although it appears their level of efforthas been raised, still has the same weaknesses... And will still fail until they are addressed.
*oline is garbage
*we need a wr to compliment garçon
*ilb
*safetys
*special teams is a mess
*coaching across the board needs to improve

Dline too. I know they don't have to have the sacks in a 34 but they need to push the pocket so a QB can't step up and throw. They should on occasion stop the run also. If we went back to a 43 I wouldn't be upset because I think we have really good defensive tackles and plenty of them. I think we can make do with Kerrigan as an end. I think we could let Rakpo go and sign LBs that can not only stop the run but also defend the pass. Lighter faster and quicker and more to choose from in a 43 pool. Think about how much money is saved letting Rak go. He is going to want top dollar. Let us face it. We don't have the personnel to run a 34 or 43. Might as grab at what is plentiful.

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:11 pm

Honestly the pukes have been making back qbs look like Tom Brady the last couple weeks... And I'm extremely let down that Kirk didn't follow suit. A win vs the pukes would've salvaged the year.. now its a wasted effort and we've failed the season away. Beat Dallas... Not to much to ask is it? Smmfh

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:28 pm

As soon as they ran that punt back I said Oh well. I knew that would haunt us. Even if we won I thought it was so stupid to punt to anyone in this league. We have gotten burned all year, and yet, they punt to them and we got blocked man handled all the way. We suck on ST not even a prayer. I put most of the blame there. Not on Cousins so much. He only has 3 starts and the same supporting cast Robert had. That was Mikes biggest mistake this year. The Burns ST coach was terrible. I guess that was Dans and Roberts fault too. :)

Pushing Paper

Postby PulpExposure » Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:45 pm

StorminMormon86 wrote:
riggofan wrote:This is something I've been thinking a lot about today. All of the RGIII v KC stuff is just so completely irrelevant at this point. People can prefer whichever QB they want, but really making these grand conclusions about either guy based on this season is pointless. The team around them clearly has some big issues. I think we need to wait to see some of those o-line issues, receiver issues, etc; cleaned up before we start talking about trading one of the QBs or getting into a QB drama.

+1,000,000

Agree wholeheartedly with this statement. However, I would still like to see open competition for the spot next year and not have the team handed back to Griffin without one. Both Griffin and Cousins have had struggles this year, but with such a horrible team all around who wouldn't? Griffin missed the offseason, was coming off of an injury, etc. Cousins has only had 3 career starts. Both can (and I hope do) get better. We're lucky to have both, IMO.

I honestly don't mind having an open competition, because that will force both of them to work as hard as possible in the offseason to get better. I do like Cousins, but I also think it's rather ridiculous to assert that Cousins, based on 3 starts, is a better QB than the standing rookie of the year, pro bowl QB. Especially when he showed absolutely zilch in the 4th quarter of his last start...2/8 with 18 yards passing, when the game is on the line, is not something you ever want to see.

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:00 pm

I'm all about an open competition, but the controversy ended yesterday.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:36 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:I'm all about an open competition, but the controversy ended yesterday.

I think I know but what do you mean exactly?

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:35 pm

Yesterday - Cousins did not look like he's going to be the starting QB here ...

He's good but he's not that good :D
It's taken years for the Redskins to become as bad as we are - there is no way that the team is going to be consistently competitive in the near future, the problems here are complex - unfortunately with Dan Snyder, it is what it is

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football