Cousins Is Just Better...

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Re: Cousins Is Just Better...

Postby Kilmer72 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:37 pm

Neo wrote:One thing I will say, I really admired Kirk's humility at the press conference. He got specific on what his weakness was in the game, and that he was going to focus on fixing it.

It was pretty moving to me; I'd be willing to block for him with my life...that level of humility and honesty commands loyalty by itself.

Nothing against Bob, he's our guy. I just think the media, and the team (I don't buy into there being bad blood with Griffin), will respect Griffin more. The more this team "loves" RG3, the more they will bleed for him.

Old man Moss put him in his place. He will be fine.

Hog

Postby Neo » Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:55 pm

Kilmer72 wrote:
Neo wrote:One thing I will say, I really admired Kirk's humility at the press conference. He got specific on what his weakness was in the game, and that he was going to focus on fixing it.

It was pretty moving to me; I'd be willing to block for him with my life...that level of humility and honesty commands loyalty by itself.

Nothing against Bob, he's our guy. I just think the media, and the team (I don't buy into there being bad blood with Griffin), will respect Griffin more. The more this team "loves" RG3, the more they will bleed for him.

Old man Moss put him in his place. He will be fine.

Agreed.

Speaking of Moss, I hope he's around for another year. He didn't have the most consistent year, but I think he's still a great weapon to have.
"I'm trying to be as honest as I can; I don't normally do that." -Mike Shanahan

Hog

Postby grampi » Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:59 am

I think there are going to be a lot of surprised people if the Skins win their last 2 games of the season, and Cousins has 2 more games like his last...THAT won't be ignored....can you say QB controversy?

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:44 am

grampi wrote:I think there are going to be a lot of surprised people if the Skins win their last 2 games of the season, and Cousins has 2 more games like his last...THAT won't be ignored....can you say QB controversy?

Rgiii played lights out vs the giants, and I expect cousins to aswell... He will need a team effort (not the drops rgiii had vs ny or the terrible D he had) to win both games. I hope we do win out, but that doesn't change a thing. It's funny how all the h@ters blame so.much on rgiii when his stats are right.there with all the other top ten qbs in the league. There will be no controversy what so ever. Rgiii is the doode. Nuff said.
O and this thread sucks
Beat dallas!
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby grampi » Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:00 pm

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:
grampi wrote:I think there are going to be a lot of surprised people if the Skins win their last 2 games of the season, and Cousins has 2 more games like his last...THAT won't be ignored....can you say QB controversy?

Rgiii played lights out vs the giants, and I expect cousins to aswell... He will need a team effort (not the drops rgiii had vs ny or the terrible D he had) to win both games. I hope we do win out, but that doesn't change a thing. It's funny how all the h@ters blame so.much on rgiii when his stats are right.there with all the other top ten qbs in the league. There will be no controversy what so ever. Rgiii is the doode. Nuff said.
O and this thread sucks
Beat dallas!

This notion that RG3 is "the man" no matter what could be detrimental to the team...as far as I'm concerned EVERY position should always be open to being filled by the player that plays the best...I don't care if RG3 is the franchise player, if Cousins plays better, then the job should be his...RG3 may never be able to play like he did in his first season...how many seasons should be sacrificed to find out?...this season was sacrificed only to find out RG3 wasn't going to be able to get back into his groove...I doubt if most Redskins fans would be willing to sacrifice the next 2 or 3 seasons to find out if RG3 is truly "the man"....

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:18 pm

grampi wrote:This notion that RG3 is "the man" no matter what could be detrimental to the team...as far as I'm concerned EVERY position should always be open to being filled by the player that plays the best...I don't care if RG3 is the franchise player, if Cousins plays better, then the job should be his...RG3 may never be able to play like he did in his first season...how many seasons should be sacrificed to find out?...this season was sacrificed only to find out RG3 wasn't going to be able to get back into his groove...I doubt if most Redskins fans would be willing to sacrifice the next 2 or 3 seasons to find out if RG3 is truly "the man"....

I am NOT one who thinks that RGIII is 'the starting QB no matter what' - there may be a few that are biased but ...

there are many of us that KNOW that RGIII has to earn the right to continue as the starting QB and that he had better get it together this off season

it does not matter how well Cousins plays in these next 2 games and I hope he looks like the best QB playing in the NFL ...

Cousins does not earn the right to be the starting QB no matter what he does - Cousins will be the starting QB ONLY if RGIII does not earn it :D
We are lucky to have Cousins - Griffin will become the better QB as he learns to use the pocket & read defenses

Until then, I hope that Cousins takes full advantage of this opportunity

HAIL

Week 2 - 17-15

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:28 pm

grampi wrote:
cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:

O and this thread sucks
Beat dallas!

This notion that RG3 is "the man" no matter what could be detrimental to the team...as far as I'm concerned EVERY position should always be open to being filled by the player that plays the best...I don't care if RG3 is the franchise player, if Cousins plays better, then the job should be his...RG3 may never be able to play like he did in his first season...how many seasons should be sacrificed to find out?...this season was sacrificed only to find out RG3 wasn't going to be able to get back into his groove...I doubt if most Redskins fans would be willing to sacrifice the next 2 or 3 seasons to find out if RG3 is truly "the man"....

For people that blame this season on rg you will never be happy... Cousins wont be good enough every game either. Take a look at stats. Rg3 has more yards then last year w 3 less games and is middle of the pack or better. He led our O to #6 overall.... He is not the reason our d, st, coaching, Oline,p and wide outs suck... But cousins will be the reason they all play better huh?
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:24 pm

we know that Robert needs to do a lot this off season to regain his confidence and become the QB he can be ...

looks like Cousins has a lot more work to do too

when they both play as well as they can ... there really is no choice :wink:
We are lucky to have Cousins - Griffin will become the better QB as he learns to use the pocket & read defenses

Until then, I hope that Cousins takes full advantage of this opportunity

HAIL

Week 2 - 17-15

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:37 pm

I can't believe Robert threw that int in the redzone!
Why he gave up two 4 th down conversions is beyond me aswell.. what a jerk!

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:40 pm

I can't believe Robert threw that int in the redzone!

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:00 pm

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:I can't believe Robert threw that int in the redzone!

I hate to admit it cowboykillerzRGiii but Cousins does get rid of the ball quicker. I was expecting the same results. He (Cousins) still needs to learn a lot just like Robert. He did get the ball off quickly though. Like you I also still believe Robert is our future.

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:18 pm

Kilmer72 wrote:
cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:I can't believe Robert threw that int in the redzone!

I hate to admit it cowboykillerzRGiii but Cousins does get rid of the ball quicker. I was expecting the same results. He (Cousins) still needs to learn a lot just like Robert. He did get the ball off quickly though. Like you I also still believe Robert is our future.

Sure they both have room to.improve and work on their game like everyone. Roberts feet would've caused havoc today.
Cousins ki.da lost his poise on the last drive. Robert doesn't win them all but he has that exp I guess. At Baylor he led many come backs, some impossible looking ones at that.
We will see who makes the most appropriate progress this off-season, I just don't think rgiii played as bad as some think. Is it a surprise that Garçon was Cousins only real target? We need help at wide out and oline, and that'd benefit both qbs. People got to high on cousins last week.. surprise surprise our st still suck.. we have the same weakness we had with Robert.. I swear w give up more 4th down conversions than anyone ever.. teams don't even fear going for it Smmfh.. I hate that we lost... This joke of a staff didn't deserve it tho. If mike stays I hope he cleans house w the only exception being Kyle but under leash.

piggie

Postby OldSchool » Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:08 pm

I thought Cousins had another good day today. After seeing Cousins two weeks in a row I definitely think Cousins is now and will always be a much better NFL quarterback than Griffin. To be really fair to the Griffin fans here it comes down to a choice style and skill set for me, I think an NFL quarterback needs to be good pocket passer because it is essential for sustained NFL success. Even after just 3 starts Cousins looks like the Redskins quarterback whereas Griffin looks the new arrival to the NFL. The team can open up a real NFL playbook when Cousins plays. Griffin looks seriously flawed to on the field in comparison and Cousins dwarfs him off the field.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:29 pm

OldSchool wrote:I thought Cousins had another good day today. After seeing Cousins two weeks in a row I definitely think Cousins is now and will always be a much better NFL quarterback than Griffin. To be really fair to the Griffin fans here it comes down to a choice style and skill set for me, I think an NFL quarterback needs to be good pocket passer because it is essential for sustained NFL success. Even after just 3 starts Cousins looks like the Redskins quarterback whereas Griffin looks the new arrival to the NFL. The team can open up a real NFL playbook when Cousins plays. Griffin looks seriously flawed to on the field in comparison and Cousins dwarfs him off the field.
I'm certainly not under the illusion that Griffin is currently a better NFL quarterback than Kirk... however, I absolutely believe that a Bob Griffin with full pocket competence would be the most dangerous NFL Quarterback in this decade. I know that he is intelligent enough to learn to work progressions, read defenses, set blocking assignments, and audible to a more opportune play...

I believe that Bob WILL develop into that quarterback. Imagine Cousins with Griffins athleticism, escapability, and arm strength...

I also believe that many of Bob's struggles this year are due to his effort to actually learn pocket skills while under fire, under the protection of an incompetent O-line. That O-line will not be the same next year... and Bob will have learned much over the off season. He will be the starter next season. He will still have much to learn... but he will be a much better quarterback.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:30 pm

OldSchool wrote:I thought Cousins had another good day today. After seeing Cousins two weeks in a row I definitely think Cousins is now and will always be a much better NFL quarterback than Griffin. To be really fair to the Griffin fans here it comes down to a choice style and skill set for me, I think an NFL quarterback needs to be good pocket passer because it is essential for sustained NFL success. Even after just 3 starts Cousins looks like the Redskins quarterback whereas Griffin looks the new arrival to the NFL. The team can open up a real NFL playbook when Cousins plays. Griffin looks seriously flawed to on the field in comparison and Cousins dwarfs him off the field.

If we are going by starts only then I guess last year didn't count. Robert was rookie of the year. He won many games for us. Ok that doesn't count. Lets count the wins Cousins has for us this year then. Then lets count the wins Robert has for us. What a dilemma.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football