A Summary of how I think the Redskin mess unfolded

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Re: A Summary of how I think the Redskin mess unfolded

Postby Kilmer72 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:03 pm

DarthMonk wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:Dan will stay away from hurting this franchise as he has since Mike came in

I'm curious why you think this is so.

Just asking.

I can't answer for SkinsJock but I have an opinion... Dan gave Mike everything he asked for. He got more tools to work with than any coach under Snyder. We didn't hear from Snyder. Only the leaks of what might be true or not (coming from a failed potential HF coach) Who is eager to hire Mike now? Blame goes to him. Snyder if he was meddling would have hired Bruce Smith and Deon types.

Bruce as mediocre as his past is, at least is going to structure checks and balances. Does this sound like a meddling owner to you?

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:26 pm

Dan Snyder went after Mike Shanahan and basically gave him what he asked for ...

Mike and Bruce did well in taking the franchise and giving it a plan for the future ...

many of Mike's choices proved to be his downfall ... Mike kept Dan in the loop about what he was doing and Dan let Mike run things his way

Mike did not take advantage of the close relationship with Dan who continued to be an owner that likes to be 'seen' and 'share' the spotlight with his coaches and players

Mike (and maybe Kyle) should have 'managed' the 'contact' that Dan had with themselves and some of the players - that is on them

the fact that the players all respect and like their HC is one thing - the fact that Mike (and maybe Kyle) did not handle that 'contact' is another

Bruce is now in charge here and he will bring in the new HC - that HC will be working for the FO and Bruce Allen

Dan Snyder will support these guys as long as the results on the field are evident
It's taken years for the Redskins to become as bad as we are - there is no way that the team is going to be consistently competitive in the near future, the problems here are complex - unfortunately with Dan Snyder, it is what it is

Hog

Postby riggofan » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:49 am

I wasn't 100% sure which thread to post this quote, but how hilarious is this comment?

Frank Herzog on Snyder: “The guy is obviously a jock sniffer. All he wants to do is be buddy buddy with the football players"

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc- ... nightmare/
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"That's all you want? Three ones and a two?.... I said, 'Dan, game on.'" - Vinny
"You can't do epic **** with basic people." - DJax

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football