Blame wheel ... I know you want to vent

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?

Who shoulders most of the blame?

Daniel Snyder
14%
Mike and Kyle Shanahan
50%
Robert Griffin III
14%
John Mara and Roger Goodell
7%
The WHOLE franchise
14%

Total votes : 14
~~~~~~

Blame wheel ... I know you want to vent

Postby Redskin in Canada » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:58 pm

Daniel Snyder perennial loser and meddler ...

Mike and Kyle Shanahan ego and stubbornness ...

Robert Griffin III not knowing when he is not ready and poor pocket QB ...

John Mara and Roger Goodell the double year cap wham which made all position weaknesses worse ...

The WHOLE franchise from the owner and the FO to the coaches and players ...

I personally feel that two sides have managed to escape criticism for this mess to a large extent : the Mara/Goodell mafia and ... Bruce Allen who has kept such a low and minuscule profile away from all media that almost nobody even mentions his name.

It is called catharsis folks. I hope it helps. ;)
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

08 Champ

Re: Blame wheel ... I know you want to vent

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:40 pm

This is basically Mike's team - I really believe that Dan has let him manage things …

I still think he should get one more year but I'm ready for a lot of changes here to the coaching staff
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

RG3 will benefit from having a full off season to prepare and a better 'fit' at both HC and OC

Pushing Paper

Postby PulpExposure » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:36 pm

After reading this article, and how poorly Mike is running his team (through his son, apparently), I put a lot of blame at the feet of the Shanahans. The coaches were all their picks, after all.

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:56 pm

PulpExposure wrote:After reading this article, and how poorly Mike is running his team (through his son, apparently), I put a lot of blame at the feet of the Shanahans. The coaches were all their picks, after all.

I read that yesterday. This part cracks me up
“Kyle is the head coach, it's just that no one knows he is,” said one member of the organization. “He gets whatever he wants. And he has no relationship at all with (quarterback Robert Griffin II). So how could it work?”

Code: Select all
Furthermore, Kyle Shanahan has long had a very strained relationship with Griffin, sources said, with one staff member saying Shanahan treats Griffin like, “a JV quarterback.”

Hog

Postby Neo » Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:16 am

SkinsJock wrote:This is basically Mike's team - I really believe that Dan has let him manage things …

I still think he should get one more year but I'm ready for a lot of changes here to the coaching staff

As tired as I am of the Shanahan crew, this would be wise. Plus why lose $7mil plus the expense of another coach?
"I'm trying to be as honest as I can; I don't normally do that." -Mike Shanahan

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:42 am

You need an "all of the above" selection.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:12 am

RE: that report on Kyle, Cooley on the radio yesterday blasted it and said how absolutely untrue it was. He said Kyle was the most upfront and honest person in the whole organization, and praised him as a coordinator. He pretty much confirmed the fact that Mike was a turd, but said everything that was being said about Kyle was absolutely false.

**ch44

Postby chiefhog44 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:46 pm

Kyle is just all business. That attitude is not meshing well with Griffin. These reports are being leaked by Griffins camp IMO. Not sure how anyone on the the team would think that if Cooley was actually there and witnessed it.
Miss you 21

12/17/09 - Ding Dong the Witch is Dead...Which Old Witch? The Wicked Witch.

1/6/10 - The start of a new era

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:40 pm

Who says anything about Kyle is true? The media? The internet? Some unnamed sources?

Ahhhhhh! It must be true then. :^o

But then again, it is not about the TRUTH, it is about the PERCEPTION created by the media ;)
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

Hog

Postby gushogs » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:55 pm

Deadskins wrote:You need an "all of the above" selection.

+1

HaiL,
Another year of asking for PATIENCE..., 20 yrs not long enough?????

Hog

Postby riggofan » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:56 pm

Deadskins wrote:You need an "all of the above" selection.

Yeah I'm with you. I'm reading this poll and wondering, "who shoulders most of the blame for what exactly?" There is no shortage of problems to complain about and plenty of blame to go around.

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:48 pm

I think Mike Jones sums it up pretty well.

I think the biggest blame has to go to Shanahan because he’s the guy with the most power. He’s the man that put this roster together (he tells Bruce Allen, ‘I want this, this and that. Make it happen.’), he’s also the one that made the decision to bring back a number of veterans who instead of maintaining last year’s levels of play have instead experienced drop-offs in production. Shanahan is the one that hired his son as his offensive coordinator, putting himself in a potentially tough spot. It’s debatable how much of an effort he made to ensure that he, Griffin and Kyle Shanahan maintained strong trust and confidence in one another. He’s the one that picked the 3-4 defense even though Jim Haslett would’ve preferred to run a 4-3. Shanahan is believed to be the guy at the center of the national media leaks last week that angered Daniel Snyder, and made an already shaky situation even more fragile. That doesn’t mean that Snyder, Kyle Shanahan and even Griffin are without fault. But this is largely Mike Shanahan’s team.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/foo ... candiates/

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football