Ready for the draft

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
piglet

Re: Ready for the draft

Postby AnthonyRRedskin1995 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:38 pm

Kilmer72 wrote:Oline,Oline OLINE!!!! Please work that into the draft every year.

Agree! Agree! Agree! I understand we are in need of a #2 wide out and a MLB, however, we must protect our investment in RG3 by drafting the best available linemen with pick 34. Our O-line was awful this year, maybe the worst part of our team, in my opinion everything besides Trent needs to be replaced. As for #2 wideouts, several options will be available via free agency (including Maclin who I would be willing to take a chance on if Philly lets him walk... despite his recent injury history). And as for MLB, i think Perry Riley was being groomed to replace Fletcher and I have faith he can do so some-what successfully. O-Line is BY FAR our biggest need.
“I don’t like ‘em. They all have bad breath.” Dexter Manley on Cowboys Fans.

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:12 am

AnthonyRRedskin1995 wrote:
Kilmer72 wrote:Oline,Oline OLINE!!!! Please work that into the draft every year.

Agree! Agree! Agree! I understand we are in need of a #2 wide out and a MLB, however, we must protect our investment in RG3 by drafting the best available linemen with pick 34. Our O-line was awful this year, maybe the worst part of our team, in my opinion everything besides Trent needs to be replaced. As for #2 wideouts, several options will be available via free agency (including Maclin who I would be willing to take a chance on if Philly lets him walk... despite his recent injury history). And as for MLB, i think Perry Riley was being groomed to replace Fletcher and I have faith he can do so some-what successfully. O-Line is BY FAR our biggest need.

Welcome to the board bud!
Great post too... I agree with what you said for the most part, especially about the garbage oline. Rgiii has to keep his eyes on the collapsing line instead of downfield!.. maclin is an interesting notion too. As for Riley, he will replace Fletcher, and as soon as he starts catching the balls that hits his hands he will be an improvement to The Fletcher we had this year. However if we stay with the 3/4 we would still have a hole at ilb. Brian Khel might be next in line amount a few others.
I really hope Rambo and Thomas have an amazing off-season. Safety will be a concern and I think Ameraon replaces wilson and we extend halls contract and let crawford, bernstine, murphey, and my boy minnifield duke it out for the nickel back and back up roles.
Pins and needles waiting for the new coach/direction to be found. More exciting then this whole craptacular season! Lol
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:35 pm

CBSSPORTS.COM ALL-AMERICANS: FIRST-TEAM DEFENSE AS NFL DRAFT PROSPECTS: CB - Darqueze Dennard, Sr., Michigan State: Possessing a lanky, athletic frame with good fluidity and speed, Dennard consistently shut down one side of the field for the Spartans in 2013, playing a critical role for MSU's No. 1 ranked defense. Honored with the Thorpe Award as the nation's top defensive back, Dennard allowed only three completions in 31 pass attempts of 15-plus yards thrown against him this season. Dennard may be competing only with UCLA's Barr to be the first defender on this list to hear his name called on Day One of the draft. - Rob Rang, NFLDraftScout.com

I know .. O-line.

I can't say I disagree.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Hog

Postby Neo » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:50 pm

DarthMonk wrote:CBSSPORTS.COM ALL-AMERICANS: FIRST-TEAM DEFENSE AS NFL DRAFT PROSPECTS: CB - Darqueze Dennard, Sr., Michigan State: Possessing a lanky, athletic frame with good fluidity and speed, Dennard consistently shut down one side of the field for the Spartans in 2013, playing a critical role for MSU's No. 1 ranked defense. Honored with the Thorpe Award as the nation's top defensive back, Dennard allowed only three completions in 31 pass attempts of 15-plus yards thrown against him this season. Dennard may be competing only with UCLA's Barr to be the first defender on this list to hear his name called on Day One of the draft. - Rob Rang, NFLDraftScout.com

I know .. O-line.

I can't say I disagree.

We can get oline fellas in FA though. Guys with a proven NFL track record. Sure, you can say the same for defense, but I'd like to see us go heavier on offense in FA, and heavier on defense in the draft.

That said, I still want Byrd :)
"I'm trying to be as honest as I can; I don't normally do that." -Mike Shanahan

Hog

Postby Neo » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:55 pm

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:
AnthonyRRedskin1995 wrote:

Welcome to the board bud!
Great post too... I agree with what you said for the most part, especially about the garbage oline. Rgiii has to keep his eyes on the collapsing line instead of downfield!.. maclin is an interesting notion too. As for Riley, he will replace Fletcher, and as soon as he starts catching the balls that hits his hands he will be an improvement to The Fletcher we had this year. However if we stay with the 3/4 we would still have a hole at ilb. Brian Khel might be next in line amount a few others.
I really hope Rambo and Thomas have an amazing off-season. Safety will be a concern and I think Ameraon replaces wilson and we extend halls contract and let crawford, bernstine, murphey, and my boy minnifield duke it out for the nickel back and back up roles.
Pins and needles waiting for the new coach/direction to be found. More exciting then this whole craptacular season! Lol

I'm struggling to keep hope in Rambo. Still very curious about Thomas, but word out of camp all last offseason was Rambo was learning faster than Thomas. Oddly, they were also saying Aldrick Robinson was developing in the WR position the most :/

I will never understand why they let Minnifield go, but grateful we picked him back up. He has instincts...hopefully he will also have a productive offseason.

Not sure if this is allowed, but I would hope these guys start their training earlier and for longer to get themselves together. Especially since we'll have a new coach.

LeRib can get as fat as he wants now I guess; just as long as he gets stronger :)

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:58 pm

Neo wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:CBSSPORTS.COM ALL-AMERICANS: FIRST-TEAM DEFENSE AS NFL DRAFT PROSPECTS: CB - Darqueze Dennard, Sr., Michigan State: Possessing a lanky, athletic frame with good fluidity and speed, Dennard consistently shut down one side of the field for the Spartans in 2013, playing a critical role for MSU's No. 1 ranked defense. Honored with the Thorpe Award as the nation's top defensive back, Dennard allowed only three completions in 31 pass attempts of 15-plus yards thrown against him this season. Dennard may be competing only with UCLA's Barr to be the first defender on this list to hear his name called on Day One of the draft. - Rob Rang, NFLDraftScout.com

I know .. O-line.

I can't say I disagree.

We can get oline fellas in FA though. Guys with a proven NFL track record. Sure, you can say the same for defense, but I'd like to see us go heavier on offense in FA, and heavier on defense in the draft.

I agree but... Look what the 9ners did in drafting Oline. FA with a track record usually means older not younger. There are exceptions of course. Plugging holes is usually what FA do.

Hog

Postby Neo » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:09 pm

Kilmer72 wrote:
Neo wrote:

I know .. O-line.

I can't say I disagree.

I agree but... Look what the 9ners did in drafting Oline. FA with a track record usually means older not younger. There are exceptions of course. Plugging holes is usually what FA do.

Is there a big market for drafting linemen this year? Last year's draft seemed heavily focused on oline and dline in the 1st & 2nd round. If the market is smaller this draft, that could mean the better talent could fall to us :)

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:22 pm

Some of these guys in Mikes dog house may be more suitable to a different scheme. I can only hope.

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:36 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
Neo wrote:I don't think we know what talent we do or don't have on this team yet...

I'll take C00ley's word on him.

Just curious - what has Cooley said or done in the past that gives you any faith in him as a talent evaluator?

I'll judge players on what they do rather than what somebody says about them. Excluding draft time, of course. At that time, I reserve the right to get wildly overexcited about any marginal prospect we draft. Because that's what we do, lol.
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:38 am

Kilmer72 wrote:Some of these guys in Mikes dog house may be more suitable to a different scheme. I can only hope.

I doubt that applies to any of the o-linemen. Undersized, and lacking strength.
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football