Mike Shanahan Fired Officially

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
-----------

Mike Shanahan Fired Officially

Postby Smithian » Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:32 am

Per the Twitterz

It was real Mike, last year was fun, but you bombed worse than Zorn in the end.
"I said when he retired that Joe Gibbs was the best coach I'd ever faced." - Bill Parcells

Joe's#1Fan

Re: Mike Shanahan Fired Officially

Postby gibbsfan » Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:48 am

Writing is on the wall ...now hire a gm and let him select the coach..ooops bruce will
make that call.

thanks shanny ...not really
Last edited by gibbsfan on Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks for 10 years .
HTTR

Another Year Full Of Redskins Drama
"As The World Turns"

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:51 am

Is this "official"? Haven't seen or heard any official announcing.

-----------

Postby Smithian » Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:59 am

@Redskins: #Redskins announced today that they have relieved Executive Vice President/Head Coach Mike Shanahan of his duties with the team.
"I said when he retired that Joe Gibbs was the best coach I'd ever faced." - Bill Parcells

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:02 am

gibbsfan wrote:Writing is on the wall ...now hire a gm and let him select the coach..

Uh, we have a GM.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Hog

Postby ACW » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:12 am

Irn-Bru wrote:
gibbsfan wrote:Writing is on the wall ...now hire a gm and let him select the coach..

Uh, we have a GM.
Make Allen President and hire a GM.
DMV Born,
DMV Bred,
When I Die I'll Be
DMV Dead.

Hognostications 2012-2013 Co-Champion (and Playoff Champion)

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:19 am

The good news is Bruce is still here. He must not be that upset with Dan. Mike did some goods things around here. I am only glad he is gone if we get someone better. Shouldn't be that hard.
For all the Kyle haters out there, you may end up missing the yards and points he put up.

SCskinsFan

Postby SCSkinsFan » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:27 am

Kilmer72 wrote:The good news is Bruce is still here. He must not be that upset with Dan. Mike did some goods things around here. I am only glad he is gone if we get someone better. Shouldn't be that hard.
For all the Kyle haters out there, you may end up missing the yards and points he put up.

No, the good news is that the entire staff was also fired too. Most notably D Coordinator Haslett and his miserably performing 3-4 defense. =D>
Skins fan Stuck in Panther land

Hog

Postby PAPDOG67 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:33 am

Throw in the horrendous special teams that we had this season as well. Whoever we do bring in next season, I hope they teach these young guys how to tackle correctly. I have never seen worse tackling across the board as a team. I hope Sav Rocca is given his walking papers today as well.

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:40 am

“We are going to take a smart, step-by-step approach to finding the right coach to return the Redskins to where we believe we should be,” General Manager Bruce Allen said in the same statement. “We will analyze accurately and honestly all of the decisions that were made over the past year.”

If the presence of quotes from the G.M. in the release announcing that the coach has been fired mean that the G.M. is safe, then Allen is safe — as is Vikings G.M. Rick Spielman.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... er-result/

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:51 am

Kilmer72 wrote:
“We are going to take a smart, step-by-step approach to finding the right coach to return the Redskins to where we believe we should be,” General Manager Bruce Allen said in the same statement. “We will analyze accurately and honestly all of the decisions that were made over the past year.”

Sadly, this is a statement that I have a hard time having any faith in :-(
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

Joe's#1Fan

Postby gibbsfan » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:59 am

This quote should answer the question about Bruce Allen:

“We are going to take a smart, step-by-step approach to finding the right coach to return the Redskins to where we believe we should be,” General Manager Bruce Allen said in the same statement. “We will analyze accurately and honestly all of the decisions that were made over the past year.

Hoping for the best for the franchise moving forward..

dang it sorry already posted...
Thanks for 10 years .
HTTR

Another Year Full Of Redskins Drama
"As The World Turns"

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:06 am

I'm glad they got rid of all the coaches - let the new HC bring in who he wants ..

Kyle's offense may have been statistically good but it did not look all that great - we will see if anyone thinks he's worth bringing in
It's taken years for the Redskins to become as bad as we are - there is no way that the team is going to be consistently competitive in the near future, the problems here are complex - unfortunately with Dan Snyder, it is what it is

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:12 am

I read that the assistants will meet with Bruce Allen soon to see if they will be retained for next year.

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:14 am

Great, that's done with. Now we can move on from this crap.
Mike, thanks for your efforts and for cleaning out what was a moribund franchise base. For that, I will be forever grateful. From all accounts, our infrastructure is eons ahead of what it was (e.g. practice bubble)

It is unclear to me exactly who else was fired, other than Kyle, that is, so I'm curious to see how that goes. My guess is that we find a head coach first this time and let them evaluate who of the remaining staff gets to stay and who goes. Excited to see what this team does between now and the draft. I have a feeling we won't have to wait too long to get a HC.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football