Mike Shanahan Fired Officially

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
08 Champ

Re: Mike Shanahan Fired Officially

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:47 pm

Countertrey wrote:
Kilmer72 wrote:That was the point I was making. Just trying to show it can be done. Especially after a long hiatus.
Sooooo... it DOES dispute his point. Sometimes, I scare myself.

:D we shall see - I do not see this FO bringing in that type of HC

I think they will look to youth and I believe they will consider the whole team of HC PLUS assistants rather than just a 'good' HC

what Vermeil did was special but it was also a different NFL and it certainly was not anything like the 'situation' we have here :wink:
The Redskins need to change to improve - we need a better GM and we need to do a better job of who we bring in to coach and play here - players and coaches need to be held accountable when they do not do their jobs well

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:34 pm

Kilmer72 wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:OK - I know what Vermeil did, I just don't consider Dick Vermeil or coaches like him (Pete Carroll) as viable candidates here

we need a good manager and someone that can handle working in a very difficult environment ...

I like the results that happened on his watch but that rah rah stuff ain't going to cut it here

it's really not a worry - our FO guys are not bringing in that type of HC

Well, if you want to call it rah rah ok then. How about this.... I wouldn't mind a motivator for a coach. Someone that will give them a swift kick in the derriere if needed. Pump up those players when things are looking a little sour.

+1
Who wouldn't want Pete Carroll here?? He pumps up his team and gets the most out of his players ie management 101. He doesn't settle for less then 110% and is always pumped up... We need energy on the sideline! I swear it looks like the team is getting ready to attend a funeral or something.
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby Neo » Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:43 pm

SkinsJock wrote:fortunately - it looks pretty clear to me that Dan Snyder is continuing to stay away from making player and coaching decisions and leaving it in the appropriate hands ...

The decisions on who really needed to be let go and those coaches that might be useful in the future were IMO made by Bruce and the FO - after Dan and Mike met

^^THIS alone should be enough to make us all want to do back flips :lol:

Progress/improvement is all I've been asking for. This is a step in the right direction.

Next wish: Snyder makes Allen president & gets a true GM (as we have all been saying in nearly every thread).
"I'm trying to be as honest as I can; I don't normally do that." -Mike Shanahan

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:03 pm

DaSkinz Baby wrote:I think I am a rational fan, the problem I have is other than Kerrigan and RGIII what other draft picks can I look at and say yeah this franchise is in a better position going forward?

Alfred Morris, Jordan Reed, Trent Williams, David Amerson, Kirk Cousins, and a few with potential stashed on IR or the practice squad.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:47 am

Perry Riley, Roy Helu, Leonard Hankerson, Jarvis Jenkins,..
Some depth in Neild, Baker, Rambo, Crawford, Bernstien..
Some injured prospects in Phillip Thomas and Chase Minnifield that can be gold mines if they get healthy and play to their potential.
Jawan Jammison And Thompson should be fighting for the #3 rb spot this off season too
Shanny has drafted great since he came.on board- minus the Mcnugget trade tho Smmfh
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:26 am

I don't necessarily think hiring a "retread" would be an awful idea. Look at what Andy Reid did in KC. I know the team was better than the Skins overall when he went there, but it's still within the realm of possibility that a guy who's been around the league before can turn it around.

Hog

Postby riggofan » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:10 am

StorminMormon86 wrote:I don't necessarily think hiring a "retread" would be an awful idea. Look at what Andy Reid did in KC.

Me either. We should be open to any idea and not afraid to try something new. Andy Reid has been a successful retread because he's a great coach and a great motivator. I hope Allen is looking closely at the person. Not just, this guy had a good year with the 49ers offense or whatever.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"That's all you want? Three ones and a two?.... I said, 'Dan, game on.'" - Vinny
"You can't do epic **** with basic people." - DJax

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:20 am

This FO is going to hire a HC that they think will be a good fit for the Redskins and I am so glad that Dan Snyder is not involved

I'm looking forward to finding out who our next HC is - I could care less what he's done before, I'm only concerned about what he's going to do for the Redskins :D

Bill Belicheat was not a very good HC for the Browns

this is a big deal for the FO
The Redskins need to change to improve - we need a better GM and we need to do a better job of who we bring in to coach and play here - players and coaches need to be held accountable when they do not do their jobs well

Hog

Postby riggofan » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:15 am

SkinsJock wrote:This FO is going to hire a HC that they think will be a good fit for the Redskins and I am so glad that Dan Snyder is not involved

I'd find it hard to believe that Dan Snyder is not involved at all in these interviews. Its his team and his money. I'm sure he's going to weigh in on the most important hiring decision. What we need to hope is that he's getting good advice from the people around him - and that he respects those opinions!

I've been hearing a lot on the radio the past few days questioning whether Bruce Allen will be a good fit to help select players, etc; Personally I think his most important job is managing Dan Snyder.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"That's all you want? Three ones and a two?.... I said, 'Dan, game on.'" - Vinny
"You can't do epic **** with basic people." - DJax

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:48 pm

SkinsJock wrote:This FO is going to hire a HC that they think will be a good fit for the Redskins and I am so glad that Dan Snyder is not involved

I'm looking forward to finding out who our next HC is - I could care less what he's done before, I'm only concerned about what he's going to do for the Redskins :D

Bill Belicheat was not a very good HC for the Browns

this is a big deal for the FO

Funny how he became a genius when Drew Bledsoe went down and Tom Brady came in. :roll:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football