Next Please!

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Re: Next Please!

Postby riggofan » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:48 pm

DarthMonk wrote:He sure did a lot of flip-flopping in that regard.

Yeah I'm sure Shanny's role in drafting RGIII will depend greatly upon how successful the QB is next year! :)

swine

Postby RG3peat » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:21 pm

Bevell or Roman.....McDermott is interesting but that would mean a scheme change that would take a good 2 years

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:21 pm

riggofan wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:He sure did a lot of flip-flopping in that regard.

Yeah I'm sure Shanny's role in drafting RGIII will depend greatly upon how successful the QB is next year! :)

:D

For what's it's worth, I supported (on this board) going after Griff. Still, it seemed that one Shanny wanted to decide where people parked and what blitz we should run while another Shanny allowed Snyder to call the trade-for-McNabb shot and such. It was weird. Shanny always seemed to be telling some sort of lie. It was pretty dysfunctional around here to say the least. Hence ...

Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:25 am

StorminMormon86 wrote:No way does Snyder/Allen let the next HC come in with the same control Shanahan had. We tried that experiment.

I doubt that anyone here has any doubts about who is in charge here ... for now

Bruce and the FO guys will bring in the HC who will then work with them in putting together a staff

They will all be in charge of the draft and free agent acquisitions

time for a new way of running things - the HC is just that ... for now
Robert Griffin will become a really good QB he's talented and smart

hopefully Kirk Cousins can make things happen till RG3 is ready to play again

HAIL

Week 3 - 27-21

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:30 am

RG3peat wrote:Bevell or Roman.....McDermott is interesting but that would mean a scheme change that would take a good 2 years

We're more than one year away from having a decent defence anyway, so I don't think any potential change of scheme should be a concern right now.
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:51 am

Looks like Wade Phillips will be let go in Houston.. I'd crap every where if he was considered for HC but he's a pretty decent coordinator
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:09 pm

Smithian wrote:
EA7649 wrote:Gotta remember. There is a lot more attractive places than Washington. Got Lions and Texans for example. We should get a defensive mind for a head coach and picking up a strong experienced offensive coordinator, who has some leadership skills and can handle the QB position well.
Maybe Houston but not Detroit.

Detroit is a bottom rung organization in the NFL. Washington may be bad, but it's bad with a lot of money.

Mmmmmm ... as valid as any of our opinions might be ... a former Superbowl winning head-coach disagrees:

Tony Dungy on Lions: “That’s the job I would want”

And I do love the veiled and classy jab directed to Dan Snyder:

“And you’ve got an owner who doesn’t meddle. He’s not going to come in and tell you, ‘Play this guy, cut this guy, draft this guy.’ It’s a perfect situation. If I was ever coming back, it would be for that job.”
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

swine

Postby RG3peat » Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:46 pm

UK Skins Fan wrote:
RG3peat wrote:Bevell or Roman.....McDermott is interesting but that would mean a scheme change that would take a good 2 years

We're more than one year away from having a decent defence anyway, so I don't think any potential change of scheme should be a concern right now.

I kinda disagree...the DEF played well on that 7 game win streak...A good offense will make the DEF better and if they get 2 score leads (or more) will turn opposing offenses into a 1 dimensional attack. Need another pass rusher as I wouldnt resign Rak...hes OK and always injured, a better NT (Paul Soliai), resign Riley, Hall, Jackson. Continue to groom the young safeties and ILBs....We need a solid #2 WR as Morgan was a bust and Hank is always hurt...(James Jones) and another TE if Reed cant come back from concussions...I think Kropog should challenge for RT cause it cant get worse then Polumbus.....

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:24 pm

I'd lean the other way - a good defence will make the offence better. To be fair, it's a chicken and egg situation, and we were poor in all three phases of the game this season (despite some superficially good offensive stats). But the offence was under immense pressure at all times to produce points just to stay in touch this season, and they failed dismally. It was almost a reversal of how things were under Gibbs 2.0.

With the loss of London Fletcher, and the likely loss of other defensive free agents, as well as possible cap casualties such as Carriker and Bowen, now would be as good a time as could possibly exist to change schemes. New scheme, new coaching, a few new players, a new attitude, and hey presto - we could actually be mediocre next year, and good within two years.

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:27 pm

UK Skins Fan wrote:For that reason, a complete wildcard like James Franklin of Vanderbilt (who has at least been exposed to the NFL) could get an interview, although I don't think he's a serious contender.

Looks like we have approached Vanderbilt for permission to interview Franklin:

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 1h
Vanderbilt HC James Franklin, who interviewed for Texans HC job two weeks ago, has gotten requests to interview with Redskins and Browns.

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:40 pm

Can we go after anyone who isn't interviewing with the Browns the same week?...ya prolly not I know
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:29 pm

Redskin in Canada wrote:
Smithian wrote:
EA7649 wrote:Gotta remember. There is a lot more attractive places than Washington. Got Lions and Texans for example. We should get a defensive mind for a head coach and picking up a strong experienced offensive coordinator, who has some leadership skills and can handle the QB position well.
Maybe Houston but not Detroit.

Detroit is a bottom rung organization in the NFL. Washington may be bad, but it's bad with a lot of money.

Mmmmmm ... as valid as any of our opinions might be ... a former Superbowl winning head-coach disagrees:

Tony Dungy on Lions: “That’s the job I would want”

And I do love the veiled and classy jab directed to Dan Snyder:

“And you’ve got an owner who doesn’t meddle. He’s not going to come in and tell you, ‘Play this guy, cut this guy, draft this guy.’ It’s a perfect situation. If I was ever coming back, it would be for that job.”

Agree --- and this is supported by the list of candidates I've heard contending for the job. It doesn't appear the "top candidates" have the skins as their top choice.

That said, whomever gets the job should take a hard look at Wade Phillips as our DC.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

swine

Postby cowboyhater4life » Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:34 pm

So far the candidates are:
Update 1/7

Cowboys Special teams coordinator Rich Bisaccia (interviewed)
Vanderbilt Head Coach James Franklin
Ravens offensive coordinator Jim Caldwell (interviewed)
Panthers defensive coordinator Sean McDermott (interviewed)
Seahawks offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell (interviewed)
Giants defensive coordinator Perry Fewell (interviewed)
Bengals offensive coordinator Jay Gruden
Bengals defensive coordinator Mike Zimmer
49ers defensive coordinator Vic Fangio
49ers offensive coordinator Gregg Roman
Last edited by cowboyhater4life on Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
R.I.P. Taylor!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:34 pm

OldSchool wrote:
StorminMormon86 wrote:No way does Snyder/Allen let the next HC come in with the same control Shanahan had. We tried that experiment.

Was Shannahan really running things? I think it was Snyder who decided on doing the mega trade to get Griffin not Mike Shannahan. The truth may not come out for years because of whatever NDA Mike has to sign to get his 7M but the has all the blockbuster "I'm a freaking genius" mover and shaker qualities that mark a Snyder mega flop. I could be wrong, and if doing the Griffin deal was Mike's idea he deserved to be fired.

Fired for bringing in our franchise QB? Ridiculous!
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:23 pm

Deadskins wrote:Fired for bringing in our franchise QB? Ridiculous!

You mean Donovan Macnab? Yep.
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football