Winners and losers: Bruce Allen & Co and Mike Shanahan & Co

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
08 Champ

Re: Winners and losers: Bruce Allen & Co and Mike Shanahan &

Postby SkinsJock » Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:13 pm

I do see what you're intimating and I am very wary of what Dan may really be up to ...

I'm just playing devils advocate a little and while we have a long way to go, we could see some good things from Bruce and this FO
if they can put together a good staff with a good HC to lead them and get the players to play with a little more enthusiasm, we might get things back on track here

Mike tried to micro manage and as a result I don't think he was as effective as he might have been if he was just the HC ...
Hail to the Redskins

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:41 pm

I am sure some people will give me hell for saying this...This franchise was merely floating long before Dan got this team. Dan made huge mistakes for many years as an owner. Last four years is a different story. I just can't believe he is trying to destroy his own business for profit. What would this prove? Is his agenda to be the first owner to run his team in the ground and make money at the same time? Does he have horns growing out of his head? Look.... I really wish Jack was still owner because the Norv debacle never would have lasted as long as it did. We could all just not spend a penny, not even watch the games or even add one dollar to Snyders wallet and we could get someone that only truly wants the dollar and isn't a fan. Maybe a savior would buy the team and all will be good. Good grief. Enough with the coup.

I wish we could all rub the crystal ball and see what would have happened if john still owned the team. I wish he had it. It was his family. His own father made that nearly impossible for his own reasons.

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:03 pm

You might be right, RiC. I am hoping that you aren't, of course, but I admit this is a compelling way of putting the facts. It wouldn't shock me if in 4 years' time we all want Allen run out of town. It could turn out that many of us, myself included, judged the situation incorrectly from the start.

Mostly, this thread makes me want to go back and re-read The Prince. :)
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football