Bruce Allen as a Drafter

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Re: Bruce Allen as a Drafter

Postby riggofan » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:11 am

Jeremy81 wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:
riggofan wrote:I just have to laugh over the idea that any of us here (or in the media for that matter) legitimately know anything about what Bruce Allen knows, what his limitations are, how the draft process with the Redskins works or will work, what Morocco Brown's role is, what Scott Campbell's role is, etc;

This just seems like a silly thing for people to opine or obsess over. There isn't anybody out there offering an informed opinion.

well said - there are a number of posters here that don't have a clue about what's really going on - and I'll include you and I - that fact does not stop them from making up stuff because "it fits" what they think is going on

the BS 'reports and theories' about our franchise is not an exclusive property of the DC media

of course no one knows what's really going on. this is a message board. the people that really know what's going on aren't on these things. you and I both don't have a clue what's really going on. but that's never stopped you from giving an opinion. that's what this thread is for. to give commentary. I don't think anyone is losing any sleep on how the redskins front office is being run, I know I'm not. but writing on a message board about how I would want the FO run, doesn't mean I think I know more than anyone else on the matter, just means I wanted to give my opinion. what's the issue here?

as much as I DONT know if the reports and theories from the media are true, you DONT know that they aren't

Dude that is some crazy conspiracy stuff. I don't think that aliens are abducting me on a nightly basis, but I also DON'T know that they aren't! :)

No seriously man, I understand what you're saying, and I agree its totally OK to throw out stuff on message boards. This just strikes me as a particularly ridiculous and definitely UNIFORMED bit of speculation. Any of us can watch a couple games and give our opinions on players and coaches. But getting worked up about how the front office is structured??? There isn't a person here who can offer an informed opinion about that.

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:02 pm

Why not contact Bobby Beathard and see if he would consult? Have Bruce speak with Bobby to get an understanding of what to look for with potential players, if not Beathard there has to be some legitimate GM out there that Bruce could pick his brain......I mean isn't that San Diego GM that was fired also still a consultant, Spano's I think his name is, heck he did draft Tomlinson and Rivers didn't he??? Use all avenues. Bruce looks like someone that will go with a committee then to make these types of decisions on his own......

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:09 pm

DaSkinz Baby wrote:Why not contact Bobby Beathard and see if he would consult? Have Bruce speak with Bobby to get an understanding of what to look for with potential players, if not Beathard there has to be some legitimate GM out there that Bruce could pick his brain......I mean isn't that San Diego GM that was fired also still a consultant, Spano's I think his name is, heck he did draft Tomlinson and Rivers didn't he??? Use all avenues. Bruce looks like someone that will go with a committee then to make these types of decisions on his own......

some say this was the problem with Mike. He went outside the org instead of relying on them. Lots of people say we have very good scouts. I think and this is just my opinion that Bruce sees the potential in what we have here already. Why ask someone that hasn't been here for decades? A consultant should come in when we need help. Let these guys fail before we scream HELP!!!!

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:14 pm

DaSkinz Baby wrote:Why not contact Bobby Beathard and see if he would consult? Have Bruce speak with Bobby to get an understanding of what to look for with potential players, if not Beathard there has to be some legitimate GM out there that Bruce could pick his brain......

This is sort of my point. Why does he need to consult Bobby Beathard? We have Morocco Brown, a guy who has been a legitimate candidate for GM for other teams. We have a director of player personnel, Scott Campbell, who has his own team of scouts out looking at college players. I don't know why people are making the assumption that these guys can't do the job. Wasn't one of the big improvements of the Shanahan era supposed to have been revamping the scouting department?

Here is some information on Campbell from last year:
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... -earned-m/

Here's what C00ley had to say about Brown and Campbell recently:
"It’s hard to say much about them, in terms of the guys that they can bring in,” Cooley said of Campbell and Brown. “I can tell you that they’re two guys that I enjoy very much. I can tell you that they’re two guys that know a ton about the game of football, and a ton about football players, and I appreciate talking to them about these situations. But I don’t know the extent of their authority over the last 10 years. I just missed that meeting. []i]No one[/i] knows the extent of their authority."

t….just to bypass the hype and to find out what people are about and what guys are about and to understand football players over athletes, I think they can do that,” Cooley said. “I’ve talked a lot to these guys and I think they can do that. Until they have a chance to be credible, until they have a chance to earn the respect of everyone else, what can you say? I mean, they just haven’t had a shot.”

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:17 pm

riggofan wrote:
DaSkinz Baby wrote:Why not contact Bobby Beathard and see if he would consult? Have Bruce speak with Bobby to get an understanding of what to look for with potential players, if not Beathard there has to be some legitimate GM out there that Bruce could pick his brain......

This is sort of my point. Why does he need to consult Bobby Beathard? We have Morocco Brown, a guy who has been a legitimate candidate for GM for other teams. We have a director of player personnel, Scott Campbell, who has his own team of scouts out looking at college players. I don't know why people are making the assumption that these guys can't do the job. Wasn't one of the big improvements of the Shanahan era supposed to have been revamping the scouting department?

Here is some information on Campbell from last year:
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... -earned-m/

Here's what C00ley had to say about Brown and Campbell recently:
"It’s hard to say much about them, in terms of the guys that they can bring in,” Cooley said of Campbell and Brown. “I can tell you that they’re two guys that I enjoy very much. I can tell you that they’re two guys that know a ton about the game of football, and a ton about football players, and I appreciate talking to them about these situations. But I don’t know the extent of their authority over the last 10 years. I just missed that meeting. []i]No one[/i] knows the extent of their authority."

t….just to bypass the hype and to find out what people are about and what guys are about and to understand football players over athletes, I think they can do that,” Cooley said. “I’ve talked a lot to these guys and I think they can do that. Until they have a chance to be credible, until they have a chance to earn the respect of everyone else, what can you say? I mean, they just haven’t had a shot.”

Thank you =D>

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football