Wash Post: the Skins continue to lose w/Snyder

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Skins History Buff
Posts: 4949
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2004 5:36 pm
Location: New York, NY

Wash Post: the Skins continue to lose w/Snyder

Postby welch » Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:00 pm

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/re ... ml?hpid=z4

"Fifteen seasons after securing the keys to one of the NFL’s most storied franchises, Snyder, 49, is still trying to get it right, embarking on yet another search for a head coach he hopes might change the Redskins’ fortunes."

Argh....

swine
Posts: 92
Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 5:13 pm

Re: Wash Post: the Skins continue to lose w/Snyder

Postby masterkwon » Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:24 pm

No owner in football, or any professional sports, has run a franchise into the ground faster, and more soundly than the Little One.

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 317
Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:43 pm

Re: Wash Post: the Skins continue to lose w/Snyder

Postby OldSchool » Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:31 pm

As fans we measure the success of the team by wins and losses but I think it is clear that profit and loss is the measurement Snyder cares about and he has tripled the teams revenue in the 15 years he has owned the team. By this standard he's a huge success as an owner.

the 'mudge
Posts: 14834
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:15 pm
Location: Curmudgeon Corner, Maine

Re: Wash Post: the Skins continue to lose w/Snyder

Postby Countertrey » Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:50 pm

“What’s happened is this guy gets beaten up because people want to beat him up,” said Casserly, who was fired by Snyder in 1999. “He’s done what people have told him to do, and people are still taking shots at him and not looking at the thing objectively.” Charley Casserly


... and, as responses in this thread demonstrate... on it goes...
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

CKRGiii
Posts: 4877
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:56 pm
Location: 505 New Mexico repn

Re: Wash Post: the Skins continue to lose w/Snyder

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:16 pm

Countertrey wrote:
“What’s happened is this guy gets beaten up because people want to beat him up,” said Casserly, who was fired by Snyder in 1999. “He’s done what people have told him to do, and people are still taking shots at him and not looking at the thing objectively.” Charley Casserly


... and, as responses in this thread demonstrate... on it goes...

Yep.
It will be a lose lose for Danny boys rep amoung fans until the TEAM wins another trophy... Then of course it will be all his fault if we don't win one the next year! Lol

Kind of like.... We won the division last year but it wasn't because of rgiiis amazing athletic ability... Yet our team sucked this year because he lost some if his athletic ability..
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 2142
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:36 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Wash Post: the Skins continue to lose w/Snyder

Postby emoses14 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:59 pm

Countertrey wrote:
“What’s happened is this guy gets beaten up because people want to beat him up,” said Casserly, who was fired by Snyder in 1999. “He’s done what people have told him to do, and people are still taking shots at him and not looking at the thing objectively.” Charley Casserly


... and, as responses in this thread demonstrate... on it goes...


=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 330
Joined: Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:02 pm
Location: Southern Maryland

Re: Wash Post: the Skins continue to lose w/Snyder

Postby Neo » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:05 pm

The Washington Post is all about Redskins articles volume. They've been the leading news outlet for posting about the name change.

I am getting closer to just boycotting them altogether.
"I'm trying to be as honest as I can; I don't normally do that." -Mike Shanahan

#33
Posts: 4084
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2004 8:44 am

Re: Wash Post: the Skins continue to lose w/Snyder

Postby skinsfan#33 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:34 am

It is funny, really believe most of the Snyder hate is media driven. They, for some reason, disliked him almost immediately. They immediately started writing articles that painted him in a bad light and of course he had given them ammunition but they did the first volley. They continue to paint him in the worst light they possibly can. Hell his own radio station takes shots at him on a regular basis.

They losing would have made most fans frustrated nut people act like he took over the team in 93 when the losing first started. Norv, Casserly, and John Cooke had this team losing on a regular basis. Infact the years from 93 -98 we're worse than Snyder's first six seasons, yet people wanted Snyder gone and Casserly back. They hated Snyder almost immediately! I ask Why?

It isn't like he is Peter Anglos who for almost two decades didn't give a rat's donkey about his team. It isn't like he is Herry Jones who died a HC that has won back two back SB just because he wanted to take credit for what Johnson had built. Imagine if Snyder did something like that. I think fans soul literally go to his Patomac house and lynch him.

No Snyder is guilty of trying to win. Yes he tried to do it the wrong way and kept that bug eyed idiot, Cerato around too long, but he managed to hire Schoteheimer, Spurier (I know this was a disaster but most people thought it was a good idea at the time), he brought Gibbs back, and he hired Shanny. Yes Shanny was a complete failure but No One could have seen that going as bad as it did and Answer had nothing to do with it falling.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

cleg
Posts: 2642
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:58 am
Location: Deep in the Heart of Giants Territory

Re: Wash Post: the Skins continue to lose w/Snyder

Postby cleg » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:23 am

masterkwon wrote:No owner in football, or any professional sports, has run a franchise into the ground faster, and more soundly than the Little One.


All you have to do is look up 95 a few miles to the warehouse and the office of Mr. Peter Angelos. I would say he is worse.
Drinking the Kool-Aid again...

Hog
Posts: 523
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:25 pm
Location: Clarksburg

Re: Wash Post: the Skins continue to lose w/Snyder

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:22 am

skinsfan#33 wrote:It is funny, really believe most of the Snyder hate is media driven. They, for some reason, disliked him almost immediately. They immediately started writing articles that painted him in a bad light and of course he had given them ammunition but they did the first volley. They continue to paint him in the worst light they possibly can. Hell his own radio station takes shots at him on a regular basis.

They losing would have made most fans frustrated nut people act like he took over the team in 93 when the losing first started. Norv, Casserly, and John Cooke had this team losing on a regular basis. Infact the years from 93 -98 we're worse than Snyder's first six seasons, yet people wanted Snyder gone and Casserly back. They hated Snyder almost immediately! I ask Why?

It isn't like he is Peter Anglos who for almost two decades didn't give a rat's donkey about his team. It isn't like he is Herry Jones who died a HC that has won back two back SB just because he wanted to take credit for what Johnson had built. Imagine if Snyder did something like that. I think fans soul literally go to his Patomac house and lynch him.

No Snyder is guilty of trying to win. Yes he tried to do it the wrong way and kept that bug eyed idiot, Cerato around too long, but he managed to hire Schoteheimer, Spurier (I know this was a disaster but most people thought it was a good idea at the time), he brought Gibbs back, and he hired Shanny. Yes Shanny was a complete failure but No One could have seen that going as bad as it did and Answer had nothing to do with it falling.


Sorry but I never wanted Shanahan here! I said and will always say without Elway Shanahan wouldn't have won NOTHING! Elway made Shanahan not the other way around. Why do you think Shanahan hasn't done nothing since Elway retired?? That my friend isn't rocket science......... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

08 Champ
Posts: 13925
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: New England

Re: Wash Post: the Skins continue to lose w/Snyder

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:58 am

I remember thinking that Dan Snyder was an OK owner - he was basically like us, a fan, and he found a way to own 'his' Redskins - then it became obvious that he could not accept that the Redskins were not getting better because of his management - he is not a bad guy, he just does not have a clue about managing in the NFL

I did not like Mike's hiring as a HC but I thought it was a key step for the franchise to have Dan Snyder turn over 'control' to Mike and the FO

Mike is a very good HC, he made too many mistakes here with both his choice of players and his assistants - and he had too much control

I understand that Bruce Allen is not perceived as a great personnel GM but we have a franchise that is out of Dan Snyder's hands ... for now

Mike and Bruce did pull this franchise out of the terrible mess that Dan Snyder created - it's up to this FO now to bring in a HC and a staff that will get these players back into playing the game and having fun - there will now be accountability all the way up the ladder - if the HC does not work out we could see Bruce, also lose his job

The next HC has to be more of a "manager" and ensure that both players and coaches are on the same page - we need accountability for both the good and the bad
he also needs to make sure that the game is fun and that the players players play with an attitude of pride and determination - let the assistants handle the 'coaching'

I do think that the current situation has a lot of potential for good things to happen here and I'm sure the top guys are thinking long and hard about what they are doing

Dan Snyder has decided to continue to stay out of things but there is no way the DC media will let him off the hook - they cannot stand Dan Snyder or 'his' Redskins
The Redskins need to change to improve - we need a better GM and we need to do a better job of who we bring in to coach and play here - players and coaches need to be held accountable when they do not do their jobs well

#33
Posts: 4084
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2004 8:44 am

Re: Wash Post: the Skins continue to lose w/Snyder

Postby skinsfan#33 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:08 am

DaSkinz Baby wrote:
skinsfan#33 wrote:It is funny, really believe most of the Snyder hate is media driven. They, for some reason, disliked him almost immediately. They immediately started writing articles that painted him in a bad light and of course he had given them ammunition but they did the first volley. They continue to paint him in the worst light they possibly can. Hell his own radio station takes shots at him on a regular basis.

They losing would have made most fans frustrated nut people act like he took over the team in 93 when the losing first started. Norv, Casserly, and John Cooke had this team losing on a regular basis. Infact the years from 93 -98 we're worse than Snyder's first six seasons, yet people wanted Snyder gone and Casserly back. They hated Snyder almost immediately! I ask Why?

It isn't like he is Peter Anglos who for almost two decades didn't give a rat's donkey about his team. It isn't like he is Herry Jones who died a HC that has won back two back SB just because he wanted to take credit for what Johnson had built. Imagine if Snyder did something like that. I think fans soul literally go to his Patomac house and lynch him.

No Snyder is guilty of trying to win. Yes he tried to do it the wrong way and kept that bug eyed idiot, Cerato around too long, but he managed to hire Schoteheimer, Spurier (I know this was a disaster but most people thought it was a good idea at the time), he brought Gibbs back, and he hired Shanny. Yes Shanny was a complete failure but No One could have seen that going as bad as it did and Answer had nothing to do with it falling.


Sorry but I never wanted Shanahan here! I said and will always say without Elway Shanahan wouldn't have won NOTHING! Elway made Shanahan not the other way around. Why do you think Shanahan hasn't done nothing since Elway retired?? That my friend isn't rocket science......... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I never wanted Shanny either. I just didn't trust him. But to say he never win anything w/o Elwsy is simply ignoring actual facts and is something an uninformed fan would say. Unless you're definition of never winning anything is no SB wins post Elway then you could say the same about Elway never winning anything w/o Shanny. Prior to joining the Skins he only had two (out of ten) losing seasons (post Elway), for playoff appearances, one playoff win , four double digit winning sessions, multiple AFW titles, and a 57% winning percentage.

So yeah me you didn't want him, but don't cheapen what you are trying to say by saying the stupid fan statement, "He never win anything after Elway", you just lost all credibility when you say something like that.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 5163
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:29 pm
Location: Montclair, Virginia

Re: Wash Post: the Skins continue to lose w/Snyder

Postby riggofan » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:23 am

Countertrey wrote:
“What’s happened is this guy gets beaten up because people want to beat him up,” said Casserly, who was fired by Snyder in 1999. “He’s done what people have told him to do, and people are still taking shots at him and not looking at the thing objectively.” Charley Casserly


... and, as responses in this thread demonstrate... on it goes...


That was big of Casserly to say, and I agree to a certain extent. There is no question that Snyder has made a lot of decisions based on what he thought would please the fans. Firing guys at certain times (Marty, for example). Splashy hires (Spurrier). The crazy FA fantasy football spending sprees.

I can't help but compare that to the more stable approaches taken by teams like the Giants and Steelers. Those franchises have stuck by Coughlin and Tomlin in bad times, and there's no question it has paid off for them. (Obviously its not all about just being stable at the coaching position - those teams are just well run from top to bottom IMO.)

All that said, I still hold Snyder responsible for his period of trying to run the team like Jerry Jones and for keeping that idiot Cerrato around for so long. Our biggest hurdle to becoming a winning team the past few years hasn't been Shanahan or even Dan Snyder. Its been trying to recover from the tremendously bad management of the previous ten years.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"That's all you want? Three ones and a two?.... I said, 'Dan, game on.'" - Vinny
"You can't do epic **** with basic people." - DJax

08 Champ
Posts: 13925
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: New England

Re: Wash Post: the Skins continue to lose w/Snyder

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:32 am

^^ you got that right =D>
The Redskins need to change to improve - we need a better GM and we need to do a better job of who we bring in to coach and play here - players and coaches need to be held accountable when they do not do their jobs well

~~~~~~
Posts: 10209
Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2004 8:59 am
Location: Canada

Re: Wash Post: the Skins continue to lose w/Snyder

Postby Redskin in Canada » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:30 pm

Love to view the compassion and love for Dan Snyder in this thread ... love to read the excuses and promises for personal change ... love to read in the article the good things those in the NFL who want to be in his pocket say about him ... :)

ONLY problem is: HE HAS NOT CHANGED. Nobody can take away the stripes out of a tiger either. As most of you say: IT IS WHAT IT IS. HE IS WHO HE IS.

Once the next failure HC arrives, there will be others saying "Dan is really trying" or "Dan is not afraid to spend" or "Dan is changing" or better yet, "Dan HAS changed" ... would be funny if it was not sad.

I feel the article makes an effort to be balanced and quotes people on both sides of the divide. HOWEVER, for as long as all we get from Daniel Snyder is FAILURE and we get it OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and ... OVER AGAIN. That is the PROOF of NO CHANGE.

Some of you confuse loyalty to the Skins with a sincere desire to give this guy yet another chance. You are wasting your time. The Skins are a VERY PROFITABLE organization in the spreadsheet. All he needs to do is keep on selling snake-oil, smoke and mirrors. Propaganda works. Particularly when we would like to believe it for the sake of our favourite team.
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football