Jay Gruden ... Top Candidate

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Re: Jay Gruden ... Top Candidate

Postby emoses14 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:46 am

riggofan wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:duh ... just maybe because they are trying to make sure they're getting the best deal they can ... :lol:

lol. I don't know why so many people overreacted to that "Gruden prefers the Titans" horses***. Rich Tandler summed it up pretty well today:

When the coaching carousel is turning, it’s also lying season.

I hit on this a bit yesterday when discussing Mark Maske’s report that Jay Gruden might prefer to work for the Titans rather than the Redskins. Many fans took this tidbit to be the gospel truth and started complaining about getting into a bidding war and wondering why the Redskins would want a coach who would rather be somewhere else.

But tap brakes here a bit. Where did this “information” come from? It had to come from Gruden’s camp, right? I mean, is he going to tell the Redskins that he’s rather be in Tennessee and, even if he does say that, why would the Redskins push that out to the media?

It’s the oldest trick in the book and it’s been around for so long because it works. It looks like Gruden has two teams that want him. The Titans know they are up against Daniel Snyder, who has some of the deepest pockets in the league and a willingness to empty them out to get what he wants. And the Redskins have now heard that Gruden might prefer Tennessee. Each team had better come forward with its best offer.

Now, the Redskins know every trick in the book themselves. They know that this is “information” coming from the Gruden camp. But Gruden might actually rather be in Nashville than in Ashburn so they can ignore the leak at their own peril.

The lesson for fans is to not hang to and react (or overreact) to every report that comes out. There is a good chance that your blood pressure is going up over something that is not true in the first place.

Because people love to over react to any "news" in the absence of official, actual news; because the 24 hour news cycle demands that any new "information" be scrutinized analyzed and torn apart NOW; and well because we're fans. He's apparently our coach now, so how about everyone take a deep breath and be patient. ROTFALMAO fat chance of that.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:49 am

I understand Sean McVay will be OC, Jim Haslett DC and Raheem Morris is getting a promo but not sure how ...

seems like this was what Bruce wanted all along
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

Robert has to make a huge effort to show he's got what it takes to be a future great QB - we need the real RG3 not the hyped version

Hail to the Redskins

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:52 am

RG3 was made aware of the likelihood of both Jay Gruden as HC and Sean McVay as OC

Raheem Morris may be the DC and Jim Haslett could be an assistant HC also working with the D

Robert has to make a huge effort to show he's got what it takes to be a future great QB - we need the real RG3 not the hyped version

Hail to the Redskins

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:53 am

This is clearly a deal that Bruce Allen wanted from the get go ...

Hail to the Redskins

B-rad

Postby brad7686 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:54 am

I like the hire, def gonna need to get some interior linemen that can block and 2 or 3 new receivers to run his offense.
No Pressure, No Diamonds

Hog

Postby riggofan » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:55 am

SkinsJock wrote:RG3 was made aware of the likelihood of both Jay Gruden as HC and Sean McVay as OC

What a freaking diva! ;)

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:57 am

If in fact they do make Jim Haslett assistant HC and Raheem as DC, this is a good move - Jim Haslett is not near as bad as some here make out

apparently Jay Gruden got a 5 year deal ...

Hail to the Redskins

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:00 am

riggofan wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:RG3 was made aware of the likelihood of both Jay Gruden as HC and Sean McVay as OC

What a freaking diva! ;)

+1 - :lol:

RG3 knows what he has to do and I'm sure we are going to see a huge change in attitude and desire to help his team

I'm sure that Sean and Jay will occupy his time so much that Dan will have trouble 'having him over' for a chat about things ... :lol:

Hail to the Redskins

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:01 am

Raheem Morris may be the DC and Jim Haslett could be an assistant HC also working with the D

Where did you get that bit about Griffin?
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:04 am

emoses14 wrote:

Sally Jenkins?! Lol.
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:05 am

UK Skins Fan wrote:
emoses14 wrote:

Sally Jenkins?! Lol.

I laughed too loudly at that.

-Santana Moss on Our QB

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:14 am

btw - any fans or media that thought that RG3 would 'have a say' in who would be the next HC obviously did not know that RG3 might not even be around at this time ...

Cooley said that he thought that RG3 and McVay 'got along really well' and that he was 'probably aware' before he left, what they were trying to do here - it's pretty clear that Bruce Allen had in mind to bring in Gruden and to have Morris, Haslett and McVay stay AND unless Gruden absolutely did not want them, they could be here

Bruce Allen seems to be 'driving the bus' here

btw - Sally is trying to meet with RG3 and confirm that he did OK the hire, but did not know that he was in HI ... more on this later ... :lol:

Hail to the Redskins

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:23 am

spudstr04 wrote:BurgundyBlog.com ‏@BurgundyBlog 14m

Follower @nroby21 says his buddy coaches Gruden's son's bball team in Cincy and son has told Coach that Daddy has accepted the #Redskins.

wuddayano ... 3rd level hearsay proves true!

=D>
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:40 am

DarthMonk wrote:
spudstr04 wrote:BurgundyBlog.com ‏@BurgundyBlog 14m

Follower @nroby21 says his buddy coaches Gruden's son's bball team in Cincy and son has told Coach that Daddy has accepted the #Redskins.

wuddayano ... 3rd level hearsay proves true!

we love this stuff - at least it's a little more reliable than stuff we get from you know who ...

btw - there is NOTHING to the coincidence that S Jenkins and SkinsJock have the same initials .... :shock:

Hail to the Redskins

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:12 pm

riggofan wrote:My frustration with him was that he didn't come in and straighten out the franchise and Snyder the way I had hoped. I still think we may eventually end up giving Shanahan some credit for that.

Many of us already do.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football