Shanahan a racist??

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Shanahan a racist??

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:18 am

I have been listening to 106.7 The Fan and heard them talking about media reports and Shannon Sharpe's comments about how Shanahan doesn't like what was termed "Uppity Negro's" What do you all think about this? Shannon said that is why he was traded away from Denver because Shanahan and him went at it and with how he handled Haynesworth, McNabb, Morgan, Davis and RGIII tends to lend some credibility to the story or accusation. I know Haynesworth was a bust, but I wonder what would have been his tenure here had he stayed in a 4-3 defense. I wonder what he and Greg Williams would have been able to do had they both not left and had the switch to a 3-4 never happened. Do you all think there is some truth to this, or is it just some random garbage????

DarthMonk

Re: Shanahan a racist??

Postby DarthMonk » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:43 am

DaSkinz Baby wrote:I have been listening to 106.7 The Fan and heard them talking about media reports and Shannon Sharpe's comments about how Shanahan doesn't like what was termed "Uppity Negro's" What do you all think about this? Shannon said that is why he was traded away from Denver because Shanahan and him went at it and with how he handled Haynesworth, McNabb, Morgan, Davis and RGIII tends to lend some credibility to the story or accusation. I know Haynesworth was a bust, but I wonder what would have been his tenure here had he stayed in a 4-3 defense. I wonder what he and Greg Williams would have been able to do had they both not left and had the switch to a 3-4 never happened. Do you all think there is some truth to this, or is it just some random garbage????

I could easily see him being intellectually neutral but emotionally prejudiced due to factors like childhood environment, upbringing, etc. Some things that get ingrained early are very hard to shake later.

My 2 cents
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:34 am

barf.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:38 am

:shock: now that's just plain stupid
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

RG3 will benefit from having a full off season to prepare and a better 'fit' at both HC and OC

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:52 am

Given that this comment came from Shannon Sharpe, I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that by "Shanahan doesn't like uppity negros" what he is actually saying is that Shanahan doesn't like overly opinionated buffoons who love to hear themselves talk, with a flair for over inflating the value of what they have to say. And I'm pretty sure Shanahan doesn't like it from anyone, regardless of race.

But I'm sure he especially can't stand it from Shannon Sharpe. I know I can't.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:54 am

65% of NFL players are African American. If you're going to have issues with a player, you have a better than 50/50 chance that he's going to be black.

None of us know what is in Shanahan's heart, but I just personally find it hard to believe that an inherently racist person would last very long as a head coach in the NFL. Are these players really going to put up with and put in the effort for a man they believe is a racist? Shanahan has been in the league way too long for that.

This comment loses all credibility by suggesting that Shanahan was to blame for Fat Albert.

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:57 am

emoses14 wrote:Given that this comment came from Shannon Sharpe, I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that by "Shanahan doesn't like uppity negros" what he is actually saying is that Shanahan doesn't like overly opinionated buffoons who love to hear themselves talk, with a flair for over inflating the value of what they have to say. And I'm pretty sure Shanahan doesn't like it from anyone, regardless of race.

He may have meant "Shanahan doesn't like bow ties and purple crushed velvet suits".

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:05 am

Why so quick to reject it?
If we didn't see Cooper on video saying he wanted to fight the niggers at the country music concert would we have said "naaaaw, he didn't say that, that would be idiotic"?
Obviously not saying Shan is or isn't, and not saying that Sharpe isn't just bitter, but why so quick to reject what a former player said?
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:11 am

langleyparkjoe wrote:Why so quick to reject it?
If we didn't see Cooper on video saying he wanted to fight the niggers at the country music concert would we have said "naaaaw, he didn't say that, that would be idiotic"?
Obviously not saying Shan is or isn't, and not saying that Sharpe isn't just bitter, but why so quick to reject what a former player said?

My one and only reason for immediately calling bull crap is that it came from Shannon Sharpe. Had it come from a different, less annoying player who isn't ALWAYS RUNNING HIS DAMN MOUTH and who I don't suspect pisses everyone he's around off, then I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:18 am

langleyparkjoe wrote:Why so quick to reject it?

Cooper is a 26 year old kid from Oklahoma. If somebody told me he used the N word, I doubt I would have needed video proof to believe it might possibly be true. I'm not sure if that just confirmed what you were saying or not?

I gave my reason above why I found Sharpe's accusation pretty hard to believe. Personally I just don't believe an inherently racist coach could survive long and be successful in the NFL today. Players wouldn't put up with that.

To be fair, Shanny hasn't been a big winner for some time now, so maybe that old man racist s*** finally caught up to him! :)

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:39 am

emoses14 wrote:Given that this comment came from Shannon Sharpe, I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that by "Shanahan doesn't like uppity negros" what he is actually saying is that Shanahan doesn't like overly opinionated buffoons who love to hear themselves talk, with a flair for over inflating the value of what they have to say. And I'm pretty sure Shanahan doesn't like it from anyone, regardless of race.

+1
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:44 am

I find this hard to believe. Sharpe may have said it but, I just can't believe Mike is in a profession where dealing with all sorts of types of people he would be racist. Sorry.

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:57 am

I think there is the whole question of "uppity" that Sharpe is talking about as well. Just take away the fact that guys like Sharpe, McNabb and Haynesworth are all black men. If they were white guys that weren't following the Shanahan program, not doing what he wanted them do, etc; I think Shanahan has shown he's going to have the same problems with them. If you need proof, just take a look at Jake Plummer.

He's a my way or the highway guy and probably kind of an a**hole if that's not your thing. I think Sharpe needs a lot more than that to claim the man is a racist. That's some b.s. to throw that out there.

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:11 am

I agree with you guys actually, but was just curious.

Sharpe has said some things that make you scratch your head, no doubt about that.
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:14 am

Wait a sec, I thought Sharpe was the one who came out and blasted Irving for his racial overtone to Griffin's benching?!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football